[B18] Set-Up Camp v2.1 - B18 Update

Started by Nandonalt, January 02, 2017, 05:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Love on January 03, 2017, 03:27:57 PM
Since the camp deletes itself, couldn't you just use this to infinitely farm adjacent tiles for as much material as they can carry?
I'm thinking of another place where you can farm adjacent tiles. It's pretty OP, but the characters have abused it so much, some livestock were made extinct.

I'm thinking of real life btw ;)
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Nandonalt

Since the camp deletes itself, couldn't you just use this to infinitely farm adjacent tiles for as much material as they can carry?

You certainly can! But it's up to you if you want to exploit it.
Also, would be a nice story of "exploring" nearby lands and sending the resources to your colony.

---
I released the Camping Stuff Mod to add to the camp experience, check it out :)

Pink Omega

You don't suggest staying for long times in the camp right?
Yeah, but what if somebody wants to stay for like..4 days, and then it happens that visitors (from the hospitality mod) are visiting your colony, it would break the game or something like that? Or the hospitality mod doesn't allow to visitors arrive when you suffer a raid while travelling with caravans?

<=To Be Continued/\/

Nandonalt

Quote from: Guido (Pink Omega) on January 05, 2017, 02:29:58 PM
You don't suggest staying for long times in the camp right?
Yeah, but what if somebody wants to stay for like..4 days, and then it happens that visitors (from the hospitality mod) are visiting your colony, it would break the game or something like that? Or the hospitality mod doesn't allow to visitors arrive when you suffer a raid while travelling with caravans?

People have stayed 20 days, so it's safe. There's no raids or any encounters on the camp, and visitors can visit your colony normally.

IValerian

I don't have anything to show for it since I've since uninstalled your mod and started a new map (but once this is fixed I would love to reinstall) but I encountered what I presume to be a bug using your mod.

Caravan out, set-up camp, start playing around with it, uncamp and continue on, but then I notice something. Up at the top, where you've got your colonists in those transparent boxes that represent colonies/locations? I've got my colonists at home, my colonists on the road, and an empty transparent box. I click it. It's not the camp I had just been at, and it's not my home colony either. It's small, camp-sized, but in a biome half the planet away. Eventually I debug-mode to get my colonists over to that world tile, and tell them to camp.

They set up camp in an identical map as this phantom location.... but the phantom location is still there. When I tell them to uncamp, their camp is gone, but this phantom location is still there. They can't enter it. It's not an actual camp... it's just... there.

Sorry I can't give you more - I really love the idea of this mod and I really want to use it in the future, I just don't want more (or even just one) potential phantom locations clogging up my memory (and bar at the top of the screen).

Thanks!

WoodyDaOcas

Bit of feedback if I might. Just read the latest post about exploiting.. well, I did something yesterday and it kinda did feel like it. I had an idea to get my livestock to a neighboring hex to let them eat up on some grass, since it was that time of winter in my hex where all the grass and leaves are gone. So, you would form a caravan with one pawn, select an exit point, then there you will hit set up camp button, which immediately teleports you to a next hex, then there to my surprise the temporary map was all green. Then, to go back, you'd do a reform caravan, select enter colony and you are again immediately back. I suppose it could've been harder, what do you think, guys ?
Also, can something be done about that temp. map settins ? Like really look for "stats" on that hex, in regards to altitude, climate, time of the year etc.. Thank you :)

NethanielShade

Hey Nandonault, I tried opening your Nanodnault_SetUpCamp.dll with Resource Hacker, but I have no clue what I'm looking at. I've taken C# classes, and I know xml, so it's not that I don't understand how to tinker with code, it's just that this doesn't seem to have anything that references the game in any meaning way;

1 VERSIONINFO
FILEVERSION 1,0,0,0
PRODUCTVERSION 1,0,0,0
FILEOS 0x4
FILETYPE 0x2
{
BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
{
BLOCK "000004b0"
{
VALUE "Comments", ""
VALUE "CompanyName", ""
VALUE "FileDescription", "Nandonalt_SetUpCamp"
VALUE "FileVersion", "1.0.0.0"
VALUE "InternalName", "Nandonalt_SetUpCamp.dll"
VALUE "LegalCopyright", "Copyright ©  2017"
VALUE "LegalTrademarks", ""
VALUE "OriginalFilename", "Nandonalt_SetUpCamp.dll"
VALUE "ProductName", "Nandonalt_SetUpCamp"
VALUE "ProductVersion", "1.0.0.0"
VALUE "Assembly Version", "1.0.0.0"
}
}

BLOCK "VarFileInfo"
{
VALUE "Translation", 0x0000 0x04B0
}
}

What I'm trying to do is reverse engineer your code to find out how you generated the small random map for the camp. I'm trying to do something similar for a different mod I have planned. I didn't see anything in the WorldObjects.xml, so I assumed it'd be in the assemblies.

A little help? Am I doing something wrong? Sorry for being a new modder, everyone starts somewhere.

Zebukin

Thanks for mod. It is cool with camping stuff and smokepit mods.

But I found one problem. When storm is starts, it is usually 7-10 lightnings strikes. So with such small map, that is half filled with rocks  ALL of lighnings strikes right into small patch of groung. It was hell  :-[

The only way is to dig into the rock and hide there or, may be, make roof above all map.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

minakurafto

Quote from: Zebukin on January 12, 2017, 11:51:13 AM
Thanks for mod. It is cool with camping stuff and smokepit mods.

But I found one problem. When storm is starts, it is usually 7-10 lightnings strikes. So with such small map, that is half filled with rocks  ALL of lighnings strikes right into small patch of groung. It was hell  :-[

The only way is to dig into the rock and hide there or, may be, make roof above all map.

there is a solution on vanilla, which is grave , free wild fire breaker

Zebukin

Quote from: Nandonalt on January 04, 2017, 10:48:17 PM

You certainly can! But it's up to you if you want to exploit it.
Also, would be a nice story of "exploring" nearby lands and sending the resources to your colony.

---
I released the Camping Stuff Mod to add to the camp experience, check it out :)

Not so much exploitable. Just because colonists still needs time and food to dig it, they still gives injuries.
Also the large colony needs great amounts of components just for fixing.

Nandonalt

VERSION V.0.1.1 - CHANGELOG
-> The camera nows automatically enters the camp when formed, so you don't need to "jump in" manually.
-> New feature - MOD SETTINGS!
-> Enable dev. mode on game options to add a new button to caravans, the "Set-Up Camp Settings".
-> There you can change the minimum and maximum size of the camps (it's always random, but you can lock on a single size)
-> You can also enable a new experimental feature: permanent camps. While this is activated, camps will not get automatically deleted when everybody leaves the map. To delete the map for good, just click on it and press the Destroy button.
-> Settings effects all your save games, but size only affects camps formed after the change.

Akabu

Nandonalt

Quote from: Akabu on January 14, 2017, 04:22:15 AM
Really nice mod, but still v0.1.0 on dropbox :(

I just checked it on and it's the updated one. Try downloading it again.

Zebukin

Quote from: Nandonalt on January 13, 2017, 07:28:52 PM
VERSION V.0.1.1 - CHANGELOG
-> The camera nows automatically enters the camp when formed, so you don't need to "jump in" manually.
-> New feature - MOD SETTINGS!
-> Enable dev. mode on game options to add a new button to caravans, the "Set-Up Camp Settings".
-> There you can change the minimum and maximum size of the camps (it's always random, but you can lock on a single size)
-> You can also enable a new experimental feature: permanent camps. While this is activated, camps will not get automatically deleted when everybody leaves the map. To delete the map for good, just click on it and press the Destroy button.
-> Settings effects all your save games, but size only affects camps formed after the change.

Oh, thanks! Awesome!
Permanent medium camp is very good thing to stop and rest on the regular trading route or leave some usefull stuff there!

Akabu

Quote from: Nandonalt on January 14, 2017, 09:24:08 AM
I just checked it on and it's the updated one. Try downloading it again.
Yeah, it's ok now. Thank you.