Alpha Animals (aka Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by A Friend, December 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an early release? We can do that if wanted, but the animals won't have the special abilities (Like projectile attacks) that was planned for them.

Release it early, I'd like some variety now. This human leather chair that I sit on cannot hold my patience any longer.
6 (37.5%)
Heck no. Why wouldn't you want to see the Gallatross throw nuke rocks!? That's heresy!
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

skullywag

Not cuz of me I hope. Code is progressing slowly due to moving house etc, but it is progressing.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on April 12, 2017, 11:02:17 AM
Not cuz of me I hope. Code is progressing slowly due to moving house etc, but it is progressing.

It's def cause of you, honey

A Friend

A combination of that and boredom with Rimworld stuff in general. I'll probably be back at it again once A17 arrives.

maybe
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Tammabanana

Quote from: A Friend on April 12, 2017, 11:17:46 AM
A combination of that and boredom with Rimworld stuff in general. I'll probably be back at it again once A17 arrives.

maybe

Better to spend some time away and come back refreshed some future date, than to slowly burn down bit by bit and never come back at all. You take care of you.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Jaxxa

Quote from: Tammabanana on April 12, 2017, 06:05:03 PM
Quote from: A Friend on April 12, 2017, 11:17:46 AM

maybe

Better to spend some time away and come back refreshed some future date, than to slowly burn down bit by bit and never come back at all. You take care of you.

Exactly this, if you are not enjoying it put it down and take a break for a while.
I usually play/mod for month or so after a new Alpha comes out and then take a break.
That is much better than forcing yourself to do something that you are not enjoying or being paid for.

MightyGooga

skullywag

Im still working on it but im having issues. Ill throw a release on the release thread for simply the animals spawning for now (probably tonight) all the ranged verb cleverness is simply broken due to core not allowing that stuff to be modded via thinkttees anymore...not sure whats going on but it seems the manhunter stuff doesnt use the manhunter subtree anymore its all hardcoded melee jobs.

Nothing

Hey just wanted to say there are some folks out here (at least me) who still think this is a pretty awesome idea for a mod. Totally understand if IRL is IRL tho.

skullywag

IRL is very much IRL, ive not gone anywhere, I am still working on stuff including this. Gonna be a bit more open with my code on github soon and let people take over my mods if they have the skills/want to do so, however im always up for a pull request to any of my mods, but yeah still on this, it will rear its head at some point.

tonsrd

there is thi smod recently made that lets you do a few things and he added alpha of some animals
Genetic Rim
megafuana adds new animals and rimdino adds dinos

skullywag

Adding the animals isnt the hard part, its the custom behaviours that we had planned for this, i can release a version with the animals simple existing in it right now (which Ill probably do tonight tbh just so its out there).

Nothing

TBH as long as they can attack and have meat values, I am perfectly happy without the special behaviors.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Nothing on October 11, 2017, 01:11:58 PM
TBH as long as they can attack and have meat values, I am perfectly happy without the special behaviors.

what he said.
And feedback on the look and feel of the creatures could never be wrong ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Nothing

Hey Skully I saw you said that you were planning on releasing the mod a few nights ago? What happened?

DeLaFere

Second this. Not to be impatient, but I'd be thrilled to have a "beta" version of this mod, without special behaviors. :3