[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

kaptain_kavern

AFAIK you have to use the NoCraft version of ADogSaid if you use the "ADS-EPOE Workbench patch"

123nick

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 19, 2016, 10:57:24 PM
AFAIK you have to use the NoCraft version of ADogSaid if you use the "ADS-EPOE Workbench patch"

ok, thanks :) i tried it with the noraml ADS version , i could craft both at epoe benches and machining table, but with no craft it will be ok :D

Monzer

hello , thanks for this awesome mod ,btw when i putt harvest limbs on butcher table it not working ?  Sorry if I'm mistaken but im new to the game and mods .. also there is a lot of working bench I think it's too much for vanila like maybe it just me .

Ykara

Quote from: Vastrix on August 17, 2016, 08:43:47 AM
Feature Request

When your conolinist has advanced everything and upgraded everything there is to upgrade, I think i'd be cool
to change his appearance from human to Terminator/android, with a few extra buffs like: "this colonist can never die".

Q: Why?
A: Well, this will give the player something to work towards to. It'll also just require the player to look at the colonist in order to see how advanced he is "oh he's an android already, ok no more work there"

cheers,
That would require C# skills, but I'm currently working on something that gets rid of the need of sleep. That's one more step closer to being an android!

Quote from: Monzer on August 20, 2016, 01:14:11 PM
hello , thanks for this awesome mod ,btw when i putt harvest limbs on butcher table it not working ?  Sorry if I'm mistaken but im new to the game and mods .. also there is a lot of working bench I think it's too much for vanila like maybe it just me .
You can't harvest limbs, you can just mince them, if you happen to find some. And about the workbenches, roughly 10% of posts in this thread are about that topic, you're definitely not the only one ^^ There will be one workbench less in the A15 update, that should do it for now ^^
You can start placing bets on which workbench has to go :P

123nick

Quote from: Ykara on August 20, 2016, 01:53:08 PM
Quote from: Vastrix on August 17, 2016, 08:43:47 AM
Feature Request

When your conolinist has advanced everything and upgraded everything there is to upgrade, I think i'd be cool
to change his appearance from human to Terminator/android, with a few extra buffs like: "this colonist can never die".

Q: Why?
A: Well, this will give the player something to work towards to. It'll also just require the player to look at the colonist in order to see how advanced he is "oh he's an android already, ok no more work there"

cheers,
That would require C# skills, but I'm currently working on something that gets rid of the need of sleep. That's one more step closer to being an android!

Quote from: Monzer on August 20, 2016, 01:14:11 PM
You can't harvest limbs, you can just mince them, if you happen to find some. And about the workbenches, roughly 10% of posts in this thread are about that topic, you're definitely not the only one ^^ There will be one workbench less in the A15 update, that should do it for now ^^
You can start placing bets on which workbench has to go :P

what workbench are you removing? i liked the workbenches.

Nictis

I would like to make a change to the poll, I wouldn't trade my family for the mod, I would sell their eyes, ears, and most of their limbs for it though.

kuledude

You should do something about the prices, from 4 raiders(harvested completely) i literally afforded 500-600 Plasteel + some extra stuff from the traders.

Ykara

Quote from: Nictis on August 21, 2016, 02:17:00 AM
I would like to make a change to the poll, I wouldn't trade my family for the mod, I would sell their eyes, ears, and most of their limbs for it though.
Yeah, that's reasonable, I've changed it ^^ This poll is just a placeholder anyway, with the A15 update (there will be new mechanics!) I'll have enough things to make a poll about again ;D

Quote from: kuledude on August 21, 2016, 08:03:13 AM
You should do something about the prices, from 4 raiders(harvested completely) i literally afforded 500-600 Plasteel + some extra stuff from the traders.
Well, but you worked for that money, and you have to live with the fact that you have destroyed the lives of 4 innocent human beings, just for your profit. You should do something about your ethical principles, my friend.

Quote from: 123nick on August 20, 2016, 01:56:35 PM
what workbench are you removing? i liked the workbenches.
I will merge the advanced bionic workbench with the synthetics workbench. You will still have 5 workbenches, that should be enough ;D

neobikes

"You should do something about the prices, from 4 raiders(harvested completely) i literally afforded 500-600 Plasteel + some extra stuff from the traders."

where did you get a trader from :) ?
i wait 1,5 year and only one ship passed with ... animals and ...venacidium bed ...
mehh..

and caravans got like 4-7 components and sometimes maybe 30 gold if i am lucky.

carpediembr

Anyone able to help me out? How I craft the exoskeleton? I cant find any 3D printers.

123nick

hey, is this compatible with diseases plus? it adds some diseases and ailments, but it also makes it so bruises dont get bandaged. here is link : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24898.0

123nick

a suggestion, you know how simple prosthetics are slightly below the standard efficiency of a body part? so a simple prosthetic leg isnt as good as a normal leg, but a bionic leg is a little bit better than a normal leg? well, i have a suggestion for basic bionics- they are prosthetics equal in efficiency to normal human body parts, and could be like normal bionic crafting recipes but slightly cheaper. also, is this mod compatible with aeryls  condition replace? which allows for treating people's conditions like bad back n etc? like hearing loss with hearing aid, bad back with plasteel disc,  cataracts with synthetic lense?  here is link: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24818.0

Ykara

Quote from: carpediembr on August 22, 2016, 11:29:58 PM
Anyone able to help me out? How I craft the exoskeleton? I cant find any 3D printers.
You can craft it at the advanced bionics workbench. The 3D printer is a part of this workbench ^^

Quote from: 123nick on August 24, 2016, 09:42:09 AM
hey, is this compatible with diseases plus? it adds some diseases and ailments, but it also makes it so bruises dont get bandaged. here is link : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24898.0
It could break the possibility to treat bad backs with EPOE, if you activate it after my mod. But except for that I don't see any problems.

Quote from: 123nick on August 24, 2016, 10:35:17 PM
a suggestion, you know how simple prosthetics are slightly below the standard efficiency of a body part? so a simple prosthetic leg isnt as good as a normal leg, but a bionic leg is a little bit better than a normal leg? well, i have a suggestion for basic bionics- they are prosthetics equal in efficiency to normal human body parts, and could be like normal bionic crafting recipes but slightly cheaper. also, is this mod compatible with aeryls  condition replace? which allows for treating people's conditions like bad back n etc? like hearing loss with hearing aid, bad back with plasteel disc,  cataracts with synthetic lense?  here is link: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24818.0
I think it is compatible, but it's unecessary if you already have EPOE. EPOE has spine replacements, eye replacements and ear replacements. And about your suggestion: Do you mean there should be another type of bionics? I'm not sure about that, EPOE is already such a huge mod ^^

123nick

Quote from: Ykara on August 24, 2016, 11:13:19 PM
Quote from: carpediembr on August 22, 2016, 11:29:58 PM
You can craft it at the advanced bionics workbench. The 3D printer is a part of this workbench ^^

Quote from: 123nick on August 24, 2016, 09:42:09 AM
It could break the possibility to treat bad backs with EPOE, if you activate it after my mod. But except for that I don't see any problems.

Quote from: 123nick on August 24, 2016, 10:35:17 PM
I think it is compatible, but it's unecessary if you already have EPOE. EPOE has spine replacements, eye replacements and ear replacements. And about your suggestion: Do you mean there should be another type of bionics? I'm not sure about that, EPOE is already such a huge mod ^^

yeah, i was wondering if i needed the mod with yours, just wondering if it could be a cheaper alternative to completely replacing someone's spine. honestly, EPOE being huge isn't really that bad a thing, and it could be useful if you want a colonist to be back to normal capacity and no less than normal capacity ,but also no better, although you may be right. maybe just having the options we have already is good enough.

also, a new mod just came out , or atleast i just found it recently, that does some major-ish changes to surgery, and i wonder if it is compatible? : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24975.0

MoatBordered

Quote from: 123nick on August 25, 2016, 12:06:26 AM
also, a new mod just came out , or atleast i just found it recently, that does some major-ish changes to surgery, and i wonder if it is compatible? : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24975.0

It seems to be somewhat compatible.. but you'll have to manually use that mod's fixed <workerClass> functions and overwrite the default ones used by this mod.

In that other mod's 3 xml files, you'll notice workerClasses like Recipe_InstallNaturalBodyPart_Fix, Recipe_InstallArtificialBodyPart_Fix, etc. So basically, you load that mod up first so you can use it's new functions, remove its xml files, then replace EPOE's surgery workerclasses with those used by the new mod. All you need is a text editor with Find and Replace All, and it should work.

Maybe I'm wrong though, I haven't dug deep enough in the source to figure out why he didn't just override the defaults. It's pretty new, so wait a bit for some more bugfixing and code improvements.