[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

eadras

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 31, 2016, 01:33:09 AM
Hi Ykara,
sadly you forgot the Non-Steam Link to the Realistic Medical System on your EPOE Main Page.
Looks like Realistic Medical System has its own separate thread now.  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25252.0

Thanks for the update, Ykara!  This is an essential mod, and I like the RMS, too.

Ykara

Update 1.82 - Just a small fix
Good evening!
Thank you all for your help on that fix, it's now out!
Have fun!

Changes:
*  You can now craft medicine at the drug lab again

Dingo

Hey Ykara, I did some rudimentary testing by deleting medicine altogether from the Items_WorkaroundStuff.xml file (crafted some parts and installed them). Colonists seemed to use medicine just fine, I could craft it at a drug lab, it had the correct properties.
This leads me to believe you don't really need to overwrite it in your files (and maybe other things like healroot / drugs)... Maybe you don't need most of that workarounds file at all, I think it'll just cause you trouble in the future like it did with A15.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Dingo on August 31, 2016, 12:49:20 PM
Hey Ykara, I did some rudimentary testing by deleting medicine altogether from the Items_WorkaroundStuff.xml file (crafted some parts and installed them). Colonists seemed to use medicine just fine, I could craft it at a drug lab, it had the correct properties.
This leads me to believe you don't really need to overwrite it in your files (and maybe other things like healroot / drugs)... Maybe you don't need most of that workarounds file at all, I think it'll just cause you trouble in the future like it did with A15.
Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 15, 2016, 01:24:14 AM
Also there is quite an misunderstanding I think here. What I was trying to say is that using Unfinished items mechanics normally doesn't require to do all of this. There is no need for a workaround (anymore). And like 1000101 have explained no need to modify other core objects.

And this was not intended as an insult or mockery. Just talks about working together better. In any case, this was my only intention.
You know we have talks like this on a daily basis on the modder Slackware.

And again to be sure to clear any misunderstandings : like I said earlier I have nothing but respect for Ykara and his work on this (big) mod and I use it in each and every of my plays.

Best regards

I have done the same with the A14 version and things were running smoothly.

Thanks for the update Ykara

Dingo

AstroChimp

My workbenches are not getting power. When they clearly got access to it. Any thoughts on what the problem might be?
Using the SteamWorkshop version of the EPOE without the new rejection systems.
Cat beards should be a thing.

shhfiftyfive

forgive me for asking this, but the cost of crafting vancidium is so ridiculous. so i just wanted to make sure these recipes are as intended...

1 vancidium costs:
- 20 gold per, not just 1. as well as
- 25 steel and
- 10 plasteel.

so to craft 1 advanced component, you need:
- 1 component, and
- 5 vancidium, which requires a total of
-- 125 steel,
-- 50 plasteel,
-- 100 gold

FOR EACH!!!

and so a recipe here such as 1 joywire implant will cost:
- 660 gold,
- 325 plasteel,
- 750 steel, and
- 6 components...

where am i supposed to get my hands on all this gold guys?

also, the market value of 1 joywire is $13,000 (seen one for sale at $11,000, but the materials required to craft 1 joywire total market value is over $19,000. even if i got my own steel and plasteel, buying just the gold alone from the market costs $9,000 per joywire.

i'd never ever craft this. i would just buy it.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Dingo on August 31, 2016, 08:16:27 PM
So you just delete that file @kaptain_kavern?
Yes, and use <li>Root</li> (or rarely another) as categories when needed. (Sorry I haven't conserved the files)

Too bad there is not a Github repo to contribute to, more directly ;)

shhfiftyfive

another question: the "pain stopper" chip

prevents pawn from feeling pain.

does this mean that a pawn with it installed will fist fight to the death? (instead of being knocked out when feeling enough pain)

fist fights are common, given the mood issues on extreme very often lead to berzerk, as well as just common fist fights between 2 pawns due to social insults.

Ioann1742

Dear author! Please, fix amount of required livers to do one syntho-liver (T2), because now it require f**king 10 T1 livers

I can't imagine what da hell the're doing with such amount)))

Ykara

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 01, 2016, 12:10:20 AM
Quote from: Dingo on August 31, 2016, 08:16:27 PM
So you just delete that file @kaptain_kavern?
Yes, and use <li>Root</li> (or rarely another) as categories when needed. (Sorry I haven't conserved the files)

Too bad there is not a Github repo to contribute to, more directly ;)
I'm gonna tak a look at the workaround stuff again and maybe get rid of it if it's really unnecessary. Thanks for the tip with the Root category! ^^

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on September 01, 2016, 02:39:24 AM
another question: the "pain stopper" chip

prevents pawn from feeling pain.

does this mean that a pawn with it installed will fist fight to the death? (instead of being knocked out when feeling enough pain)

fist fights are common, given the mood issues on extreme very often lead to berzerk, as well as just common fist fights between 2 pawns due to social insults.
Basically, yes. Or if he just can't move anymore. Would be interesting to see a fistfight between to guys with painstopper :P

Quote from: Ioann1742 on September 02, 2016, 04:36:36 PM
Dear author! Please, fix amount of required livers to do one syntho-liver (T2), because now it require f**king 10 T1 livers

Quote from: Ioann1742 on September 02, 2016, 04:36:36 PM

Yeah, it's just a typo. It's gonna be fixed in the next update. Meanwhile you can just look into the recipes folder and change the ingredients yourself, you can find it in the Recipe_Synthesizer.xml.

Janus

Request: can you update your bionic spine to also get rid of "bad back"? It seems odd to me for that to not be fixed by a bionic spine.

Ykara

Quote from: Janus on September 03, 2016, 06:42:52 AM
Request: can you update your bionic spine to also get rid of "bad back"? It seems odd to me for that to not be fixed by a bionic spine.
It actually does. You seem to have installed EPOE on an already existing save game, bad backs are spawned on the spine with EPOE, every bad back spawned before installing EPOE is still on the torso and therefore untreatable. You should be able to get rid of it with the developer tools I think.

Ioann1742

Quote from: Ykara on September 02, 2016, 08:36:13 PM
Yeah, it's just a typo. It's gonna be fixed in the next update. Meanwhile you can just look into the recipes folder and change the ingredients yourself, you can find it in the Recipe_Synthesizer.xml.
Thank you!)) It becomes more interesting to go deeper into other mods also))

Janus

Quote from: Ykara on September 03, 2016, 08:26:50 AM
Quote from: Janus on September 03, 2016, 06:42:52 AM
It actually does. You seem to have installed EPOE on an already existing save game, bad backs are spawned on the spine with EPOE, every bad back spawned before installing EPOE is still on the torso and therefore untreatable. You should be able to get rid of it with the developer tools I think.
Ah, yeah, it was an existing savegame. Thanks for the info!