[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Quote from: NalyKalZul on July 30, 2016, 02:17:11 PM
could there at-least be an option then for me to block them out of the colony's kitchen, i would not mind building a small sub-freezer to be added onto the guest lodge so they can grab food from there if need be.
i also would not mind seeing a similar no go zones for visitors animals, it just means we need to add a small food pen to the same building for our guests.
something along the lines of a guest home zone and animal zone.
Unfortunately, either option means weeks of work for me, that I'm not willing to put into it, at this point. Especially since the stealing happens outside of the guest behavior (in the core part that is not made by me). The only easy fix I can think of is that guests will never donate their food, so they won't immediately go steal new food.

Orion

Quote from: Gfurst on July 29, 2016, 04:17:03 PM
Can you still not recruit people who you rescue, eg from falling pods or other without needing to capture them first?
I've looked into this. Now when you rescue someone, when they are ready to walk again, there is a reasonable chance that they will ask if they can stay.

Changelog
1.14f - 30.07.2016
- fix: Compatibility with latest CCL
- new: Rescued pawns now have a chance to join the faction

kaptain_kavern

Am I understanding this right ?
You add this possibility for rescued people with the "vanilla" system ?

If yes that's awesome

Gfurst

That's pretty good Orion, awesome, hope you didn't forget to get better odds depending on circumstances, like having a relative in the colony or being from the same crash ship.

notfood

Quote- new: Rescued pawns now have a chance to join the faction

This is great. Thank you for the good job Orion!

Orion

Quote from: Gfurst on July 30, 2016, 07:55:45 PM
That's pretty good Orion, awesome, hope you didn't forget to get better odds depending on circumstances, like having a relative in the colony or being from the same crash ship.
It's not that I forgot, but I only had 3 hours to spare yesterday and needed to get the fix out. For now, just pretend it is like that, and if it doesn't go as expected, load a previous savegame and try again...  ::)

Xenobia

This is kind of unrelated I guess, but maybe not?  Is there any way you can add a trader caravan designation area?  or make them use guest beds / the areas guests typically use?  They always set up right in front of my defenses and it makes raids extremely annoying because there's no way to not get them caught in the crossfire..

Orion

Quote from: Xenobia on July 31, 2016, 07:48:33 PM
This is kind of unrelated I guess, but maybe not?  Is there any way you can add a trader caravan designation area?
There isn't. Probably because it's ripe for abuse. But if, I guess it would make sense to include it with this excellent mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19992.0

Oragepoilu

Hello.

Bug : pawn do not get the moodlet / though "impressive bedroom" (or any other bedroom though).

I have quite some mods, but after some test (note : mod are used from the workshop) :
-Last version of CCL alone : no bug
-Last version of CCL and Hospitality : bug

Checked on brand new save each time by creating a room in godmod with a door and a royal gold double bed. Impressivness of the room is "impressive", if I use the tool in game to read the stats of the room.

Can you please look at it ? I cannot even remove this mod from my save as it broke compatibility, and loosing +5 (ore more) perma mood is a hard hit.

ps : this happen from the last few days, before I was having the though for my pawn, along with special though for having too impressive or not enough impressive, depending of the trait, like usual)

holyteej

Hi there,

just wondering if anyone else had this happen. Used hospitality with other mods and was running fine for over a year colony time, suddenly though when guests arrive they all go and bunch in one guest bedroom and wander around in it until they go insane, they no longer eat, drink or leave the guest room, even after removing doors. Getting rid of all guest beds made them all go and bunch in another random room until they die, tried spawning new visitor incidents and they do the same... Any ideas on why and if there is a possible fix i haven't thought of.

many thanks

Orion

@Oragepoilu: I've passed it on to CCL. Could you check if any of your mods, including workshop mods,has DLL files in a different folder than Assemblies? There's a good chance this may be causing the problem.
@holyteej: Strange. Do you have the developer console enabled? Did you get any errors?

Oragepoilu

@orion

Thx for reading.

I though my post was enough clear, but it sound like it's not. I'll correct it, sorry for my bad english.

Quote-Last version of CCL and Hospitality : bug
This part mean that only CCL and Hospitality are activated.
This part mean that no mod are activated, beside CCL and Hospitality.
This mean that no other mods have something to do with this problem, as no other mod are present when the bug occur. (note : when I active all the mod beside Hospitality, it works fine)

In case of things have changed while I was looking somewhere else, steam workshop doesn't download content from a mod into the folder of another mod, so I'm pretty sure you are mistaken about where the problem is from.  (each mod have an Id and use a separated folder)

When I look into the Hospitality mod, I have two .dll files : one into
...\704305425\Source\Source\obj\Release\Hospitality.dll
and one into
...\704305425\Assemblies\Hospitality.dll
the obj folder (inside source\source folder) isn't here in the regular download. however, After I installed the Hospitality (along CLL) outside of steamworkshop, the problem is still here (and in case it's not clear enough, there is no other mod activated), so I guess it's not the answer of this problem, if it's even a part of it.

Orion

Thanks for reporting this. The DLL file file in the obj folder is the problem then. I understand that it was included by workshop unintendedly. You should delete it.

Unfortunately I can't patch it myself right now.

I was told the latest RimWorld version loads all DLL files in a mod folder, no matter where. This causes all kind of unpredictable problems.

123nick

hey, i think i have a bug, the guest tab isnt showing up when it should. im playing on alpha 14D, so that may be the cause, and im subscribed too the mod on the workshop, so its auto-updated. i dont get any console errors though.

here is mod list:

<li>Core</li>
         <li>Community Core Library</li>
         <li>EdB Prepare Carefully</li>
         <li>Toxic Fallout Protection Suit</li>
         <li>Clutter Furniture Module</li>
         <li>Clutter Structures</li>
         <li>ESM - Mine Vein</li>
         <li>ESM - Mountain Temp</li>
         <li>ESM - Smooth Wall</li>
         <li>High Caliber</li>
         <li>Infused</li>
         <li>Izzyssentials Core</li>
         <li>Izzyssentials Furniture</li>
         <li>Izzyssentials Lights</li>
         <li>Izzyssentials Switch</li>
         <li>Area Rugs v1.04</li>
         <li>Miscellaneous 'CORE'</li>
         <li>Misc. MapGenerator</li>
         <li>Misc. Incidents</li>
         <li>Misc. MAI</li>
         <li>Misc. Robots</li>
         <li>PowerSwitch</li>
         <li>Misc. Training</li>
         <li>Misc. Objects</li>
         <li>Misc. Patch - Prepare Carefully</li>
         <li>Hospitality</li>
         <li>Colony Manager</li>
         <li>Stonecutting Tweak v1.02</li>
         <li>Medical Tab</li>
         <li>Right Tool For The Job v1.15</li>
         <li>RTGs v1.15</li>
         <li>Follow Me!</li>
         <li>Work Tab</li>
         <li>Animals Tab</li>
         <li>Blueprints</li>
         <li>Area Unlocker</li>
         <li>Relations Tab</li>
         <li>One Big Family</li>
         <li>Animal Hide Working v2.10</li>
         <li>Capsule Power v1.02</li>
         <li>Medical Training v1.05</li>
         <li>Log Walls v1.26</li>
         <li>Fluffy Breakdowns</li>
         <li>Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering</li>
         <li>P-Music</li>
         <li>Tilled Soil</li>
         <li>More Trade Ships</li>
         <li>Fences v1.01</li>
         <li>Furnace</li>
         <li>Double Population</li>
         <li>Miniaturisation</li>
         <li>[T] ExpandedCloth</li>
         <li>[T] MoreBedsCloth</li>
         <li>[T] MoreFloors</li>
         <li>[T] ExpandedCrops</li>
         <li>Glitter Tech (No Surgery)</li>
         <li>ED-Embrasures</li>
         <li>ED-ReinforcedStuff</li>
         <li>ED-ClosableVent</li>
         <li>ED-PoweredVent</li>
         <li>ED-SubspaceTransponder</li>
         <li>ED-AutoLoader</li>
         <li>ED-Moat</li>
         <li>Auto Seller</li>
         <li>LT-DoorMat</li>
         <li>LT-A Dog Said...</li>
         <li>Roof Support</li>
         <li>RedistHeat</li>
         <li>Foam grenades</li>
         <li>Mind Altering Device</li>
         <li>PowerArmourMKII</li>
         <li>MedievalShields</li>
         <li>ArmourRepair</li>
         <li>Allow Tool</li>
         <li>Recycle</li>
         <li>Remote Explosives</li>
         <li>Rimsenal - Federation TEST a14</li>
         <li>Rimsenal</li>
         <li>Rimsenal - Feral TEST</li>
         <li>Rimsenal - Security</li>
         <li>Talons</li>
         <li>Apparello 2</li>
         <li>Expanded Traits</li>
         <li>Mechanite Augmentation</li>
         <li>More Vanilla Turrets</li>
         <li>Numbers</li>
         <li>CorePanda</li>
         <li>Cupro's Drinks</li>
         <li>Additional Joy Objects</li>
         <li>Dwarven Crafts</li>
         <li>Extra Floors</li>
         <li>Ancient Amulets</li>
         <li>Cupro's Alloys</li>
         <li>Expanded Power</li>
         <li>Zen Garden</li>
         <li>RimPharma</li>
         <li>Powerless!</li>
         <li>Quarry</li>

i could try putting hospitality further down the mod load-order list?

also, im checking if the guest tab is present on a bunch of people passing through, from a friendly faction, if it matters how they came in, and through whatever event.

also, rescuing people and being asked if they want too stay- that works too.

Oragepoilu

I'v already tried to delete it, it doesn't matter.
Sound like my post still wasn't clear enough.

I will put in red the data required for you to understand removing this .dll doesn't solve the problem sadly.

QuoteWhen I look into the Hospitality mod, I have two .dll files : one into
...\704305425\Source\Source\obj\Release\Hospitality.dll
and one into
...\704305425\Assemblies\Hospitality.dll
the obj folder (inside source\source folder) isn't here in the regular download. however, After I installed the Hospitality (along CLL) outside of steamworkshop, the problem is still here (and in case it's not clear enough, there is no other mod activated), so I guess it's not the answer of this problem, if it's even a part of it.

This mean that not having this .dll change nothing; I'v already tried to delete him, or delete the complete folder, or use the regular downloaded version (that do NOT include this folder and as such do not include the .dll), and in any case, every time I use Hospitality I won't have a moodlet/though for my pawn about their bedroom.
I don't deny that it's not part of the problem, but I'm sure that alone it's not the problem, as my testing prove it.
If you do not the possibility to look further into it, I understand. I'm not trying to push you. I'm just trying to make it as clear as possible.

@nick
you have some other mod that change the interface. Maybe try to put, at the very last, hospitality behind A dog say ?

If it still doesn't works, put it in the very last place, make a new game, and force an event (go in cheat mod to make it faster).
At this point, keep the console open and look at what happen when they come. If it works, don't forget to check the obvious mods that can cause a problem, as they might not works correctly now that Hospitality is the last; Work tab, colony manager, relation tab, a dog say (<= wasn't working in my config, conflicting with my mods).

I do not have all what you get but I have quite a number of your mod; However hospitality is for me one ins the latest big mod (not including mod like moor floor or addition like this, as they mostly add stuff and not CHANGE stuff).