[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tirramissu

hunting for AI cores brings some challenge! Please leave as it is now :)

I've found a funny bug with SCA11Core_0625 version.

Description:
Infinite work loop: plant tree/chop tree.
You should have only few mulch items stored.

How to reproduce:

• Designate growing zone with trees. Pine trees for example.
  • Cover growing zone with rich soil tiles.

Expected results:

• Trees are planted.
  • Rich soil tiles are built, trees grow faster.

Actual results:

• Trees are planted.
  • Tile is cleaned for rich soil - tree is chopped down, go to step #1.

blub01

Quote from: Abrexus on June 27, 2015, 05:06:45 PM
Thank you Blub01 for helping out with the questions.  Yes, you would want to deconstruct the graves to free the bodies for use in the organ vat.  I also plan on taking a look at the amount of $$$ traders bring with them.  As for crafting the AI Core, I struggled with that and in the end decided that you would have to get them as loot from the crashed ship, or purchase them from a trader.  I may rethink this however.

then at least make bulk goods trader have a little bit more money at hand. i ahve a big devilstrand field which i put rich soild on, and i produce it faster than i can sell it because bulk goods trader only have 2000-3000 silver on them. also, a priority system for bills wood be nice, and maybe the possibility to check for the amount of raw resources required to do a bill? so i could make devilstrand into devilstrand cloth until i have 2000 devilstrand left?

EDIT: do i have any chance of getting more goodwill with the pirates by releasing prisoners, or does it just not work?
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

wizzard42

Quote from: tirramissu on June 27, 2015, 05:35:34 PM
hunting for AI cores brings some challenge! Please leave as it is now :)

I've found a funny bug with SCA11Core_0625 version.

Description:
Infinite work loop: plant tree/chop tree.
You should have only few mulch items stored.

How to reproduce:

• Designate growing zone with trees. Pine trees for example.
  • Cover growing zone with rich soil tiles.

Expected results:

• Trees are planted.
  • Rich soil tiles are built, trees grow faster.

Actual results:

• Trees are planted.
  • Tile is cleaned for rich soil - tree is chopped down, go to step #1.
Initially discovered in 622b

dismar

For those who use both Abrexus crafting mod and the Veg Garden mod, I have taken the time to break my mod up into a Bunch of research projects that are blended into the Superior Crafting research. As you unlock research in his mod you discover my stuff. Example after you research AgricultureI you'll unlock ExpandedAgricultureI which unlocks all my new vegetables! All my tables can be unlock though research and use bars and blocks from SC. So here's my add-on for Superior Crafting! I'll also be add to my page a download link later on. Let me know if you find bugs :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tuos96a9mms38b/SA11%20Veg%20Garden%20ADDON.zip?dl=0

Beathrus

So, what do I do about someone losing a hand; Or foot? Do I replace the entire leg or arm?

doctoxic

(this may not be a mod problem) but how do i make a sculpters table to produce art - do i need a specific tech?

many thanks

Goldsmyths

I seem to hit a really big problem.
I love the beds and nuclear power plant, but:
The only material available to make a standard wall is wood, and the rest has power conduit attached. Not a good idea, especially if you plan on power switching.
Doors needs to be next to a power conduit to work. Also a backtrack from the recent updates.
I can't seem to plant food in planting zone, and the only thing in hydroponic is potato.

(about power switching, what I mean is to make a central power hub that run to different places. Example being offing the turret power line when not being raided. Saves a lot of power for things like sunlamps and heatings)

Is it just me or are those the feature of SC?
I use at least half of the available A11 mods in this forum.

Bandus

I am brand new to using this mod and so far I must say, I really enjoy it. It adds good depth while maintaining a reasonable level of balance!

I do believe I have encountered a bug though and was hoping someone might be able to confirm for me. Basically, it is my understanding that one must research Agriculture 1 before one can grow corn, rice, and strawberries. Additionally, one must research the minor tech "medicine" to cultivate Xerigium. However, I seem to be able to cultivate all of those things immediately upon planetfall with no research completed at all.

Am I missing something or have I found a minor bug? Thank you!

akiceabear

Maybe try running just this mod to see if the problem persists (with new map and game). My agricultural works as advertised on both the issues raised above (research for crops, what can by planted in hydroponics).

Beathrus

Not sure if its a bug, but I can't fix scars on the hands or feet.

Xerberus86

Pink Photon

Quote from: doctoxic on June 28, 2015, 05:11:33 PM
(this may not be a mod problem) but how do i make a sculpters table to produce art - do i need a specific tech?

many thanks

Construction II.

Quote from: Bandus on June 28, 2015, 11:42:26 PM
I do believe I have encountered a bug though and was hoping someone might be able to confirm for me. Basically, it is my understanding that one must research Agriculture 1 before one can grow corn, rice, and strawberries. Additionally, one must research the minor tech "medicine" to cultivate Xerigium. However, I seem to be able to cultivate all of those things immediately upon planetfall with no research completed at all.

Am I missing something or have I found a minor bug? Thank you!

I've encountered the same thing. Oddly enough, it goes away on its own. (I think it happens after you quit to desktop and restart the game.)

XelNigma

How complicated is it to attach things to a research?
I want to use other mods with SC, but I dont like having them unlocked from the start.

In case I'm not being clear, lets say for example I have a mod that adds more floor tiles that I can build.  But I dont want to have access to them until I learn Construction III.  Is it something as simple as going into a file and making a minor tweak?

kaptain_kavern

According to this wiki page you have to add a  researchPrerequisite tag in each related files in the ThingDef folder of the mod.
Sorry for the lack of information I'm on my cellphone right now

EDIT: Now i'm in front of my computer ;) :

It looks like that : <researchPrerequisite>PowerI</researchPrerequisite> for Power Conduit in \Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_Power.xml.
You have to make sure the value of the <researchPrerequisite> tag match the one write in \Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ResearchProjectDefs files.

So to summarize :
1)in Defs\ThingDefs you can modify building/item features and it's there you can modify which research unlock it, with the use of the <researchPrerequisite></researchPrerequisite> tag.
ex. : <ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase">
    <defName>PowerConduit</defName>
    <label>power conduit</label>
    <thingClass>Building</thingClass>
    <category>Building</category>
    [...]
    <designationCategory>Power</designationCategory>
    <constructEffect>ConstructMetal</constructEffect>
    <designationHotKey>U</designationHotKey>
<researchPrerequisite>PowerI</researchPrerequisite>
  </ThingDef>
in this you see that you need to research PowerI to unlock the Power conduits (building)

2)in \Defs\ResearchProjectDefs you can do the same with research fields by using <prerequisites><li></li></prerequisites>
ex. : <ResearchProjectDef>
<defName>PowerII</defName>
<label>Power II</label>
<description>Further advancements in power technology, give your colonists the ability to harness the power of the sun.  Unlocks the solar powered generator.  Also increases battery efficiency by 15 percent.</description>
<totalCost>600</totalCost>
<prerequisites>
<li>PowerI</li>
</prerequisites>
</ResearchProjectDef>
in this you see that you need to research PowerI to unlock PowerII.
Also note that you can put several <prerequisites> with the use of <li></li> like Geothermal/powerIII :
<ResearchProjectDef>
<defName>GeothermalPower</defName>
<label>Power III</label>
[...]
<prerequisites>
<li>ElectricSmelting</li>
<li>PowerII</li>
</prerequisites>
</ResearchProjectDef>