[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josmow

Quote from: Abrexus on July 02, 2015, 10:31:49 AM
*snip*

Neither Mrofa nor I cannot reproduce the training item bug you mention.  We are also working on one other minor bug with the use of the fire extinguisher.  Once that is complete an update will be forthcoming!

i'll likely be streaming again in a few minutes, i'll see if i can reproduce it again.

managed to reproduce, have a colonist who has freetime pretty much all the time, so they run towards the training object (in my case, the firing range) they will start to train, if you right click on the com console and tell them to trade, it ignores the menu's request and continues to train.

Highlight > http://www.twitch.tv/josmow92/c/6912097

hope it helps
Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

^ warning! may contain ponies!

Vingolf

Spock approves this mod.

[attachment deleted due to age]

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

Leucetius

Quote from: josmow on July 02, 2015, 10:37:13 AM
Quote from: Abrexus on July 02, 2015, 10:31:49 AM
*snip*

Neither Mrofa nor I cannot reproduce the training item bug you mention.  We are also working on one other minor bug with the use of the fire extinguisher.  Once that is complete an update will be forthcoming!

i'll likely be streaming again in a few minutes, i'll see if i can reproduce it again.

managed to reproduce, have a colonist who has freetime pretty much all the time, so they run towards the training object (in my case, the firing range) they will start to train, if you right click on the com console and tell them to trade, it ignores the menu's request and continues to train.

Highlight > http://www.twitch.tv/josmow92/c/6912097

That may be related to the job time. I see something similar with the research table, where the colonist ignores other jobs given to him - wether automatically (eat, sleep) or manually (only crafter and a bill is due). It seems that the jobcycle is rather long so the colonist is looking for new jobs only rarely.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: mrofa on July 02, 2015, 10:48:43 AM

No vanilia dont have that you can send a guy with 0 skill and he will shot as good as guy with 20 skill with them, and sc is using vanilia :P
Thx mate. I tell them ;)

Bandus

So, I was preparing to install the positronic brain into one of my colonists when it occurred to me that I am not entirely clear on what it even does. Does it allow them to learn skill faster? Appreciate any insight into this, thanks!

webspinnre

New here (and to the game). I'm using SC, EDB UI, EDB Prepare, Pawn State and Vanilla Enhanced.

For whatever reason, my pawns are no longer eating on their own. If I don't tell them to eat, they starve. Additionally, I can't get them to use the simple grill to make jerky. It tells me I need supplies, while I have 100+ meat sitting in storage right next to it.

Any suggestions for fixing one or both?

erathia

All the compatibility bugs i encountered were fix'd by loading SC after all the others mods, so...

webspinnre

Didn't seem to fix the current save, will try a new one.

prototype2001

Is the current lasted version v0701 playable? I read that a lot of raiders spawn with fire extinguishers instead of weapons?

Abrexus

Quote from: prototype2001 on July 02, 2015, 02:37:08 PM
Is the current lasted version v0701 playable? I read that a lot of raiders spawn with fire extinguishers instead of weapons?

There is a fix incoming for that and it's tested and works.  It is playable however, wait a short bit for the updated fix.

Abrexus

Updated to v0702

* Raiders should no longer be armed with fire extinguishers
* Colonists should now be able to resume crafting melee weapons at the craftsman's table
* Fixed bug when adding the 5th colonist to the training menu
* Fixed the advanced prosthetic arm, power claw, & scyther blade so they now properly work as melee weapons
* Colonists will now stop training if asked to perform another job

Also posted on the front page is a Zombie Apocalypse fix!

Dragoon

Are colonists supposed to ignore fires if they don't have fire extinguishers?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

tirramissu

I guess they're not. But I see that game now lags when fire starts. Looks like it tries to find routes to those extinguishers before tapping out fire.

Also new vent system is cool. Bit it has a small issue. If fire starts inside the building  and temperature goes high - it quickly becomes high all around the place :)
Looks like I need more isolated Base.