[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

Hi. I have some warnings with my mod list and I think they are related to Vegetable Garden. Please let me know if it's something I should be worried about :) I've attached the modsconfig.xml too.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

dismar

Quote from: crusader2010 on February 16, 2017, 04:45:22 PM
Hi. I have some warnings with my mod list and I think they are related to Vegetable Garden. Please let me know if it's something I should be worried about :) I've attached the modsconfig.xml too.

Hey can you try moving my mod to the bottom of the load list to see if that fixes it?

dismar

2/17/17
- Raspberries changed
- Digging spot now on any "soil"
- English language folder added.

2/11/17
- Lots of grammar and spelling updates. Some descriptions changed.
- Chinese language added.

YAY Languages can be added. Just MSG me and it'll be added.

Pichu0102

Is bamboo supposed to have a Work To Build modifier of 75% like wood? Because it has the work to make modifier of wood, but not to build. Or is this a bug?

Lazaah

A suggestion for the fertilizer bin. Rather than 'growing' fertilizer, could you make a 'bin'/stockpile where organic goods can be placed, which then turns to fertilizer?

Lethe

I was wondering if you provide access to the source anywhere. Sorry if you get this asked a lot and for not reading through all the posts here to check if answered this a million times already, I usually do, but 69 pages is a bit too much to go through...

Alternatively, I'm curious how modular this mod is. It seems well contained/organized and it has a good level of self documentation to it. I'm mainly asking about the source because I want to figure out what exactly your .dll governs. It's called drinks, but does it only handle drink changes? I'm curious if I could remove it along with any drink def mentions and have no longterm problems. I mean, it could just be called drinks and actually contains much needed info for the other functions... 

Your mod is awesome, but it's super extensive. What I want to do is just remove some of the bits I don't want to use right now (such as the fabric/textiles changes, I want to keep that completely vanilla). I'm a newer player and I don't currently want to go full harvest moon on my plays just yet.

Your mod adds much needed new crops. The small set of vanilla crops you have that don't seem to change overtime is rather blah. I want some new stuff to slowly get over time... it's more exciting than 0 crop additions. It's very aesthetically pleasing to see your new stuff (fruit trees, new crops etc) across the map.

I'm guessing I could delete certain crops like, oh, dates and as long as I delete all dates defs mention so nothing's like a broken pointer around it'd all go swimmingly? Could I just remove in the xml defs caramel and taffy, but leave in hard candy refs and just play without the redundant other 2? Is it all that simple? I'm worried I might cause some unknown problem I won't know till like 3-4 hours later. -.-" [All 3 seem to do the exact same thing, same joy bonus, same ingredients used... it's just more pretty texture variations for visual diversity it seems. I'd like to cut down on some of the stuff. They're all awesome, but I just don't need all those fruit trees, food, candies etc added to my game menus, especially if I'll never use them.]

For balance purposes, how does this compare to normal vanilla? Like, if someone plays this mod and uses it casually (uses maybe first 2 tiers) would they be boned if they didn't commit to it? Like, if normally the tier 1 could generate X amount of food which gives xbuff#+/food satiation, is it rebalanced so it's like -15% less in that equation? And that it's balance is focused around someone more actively/aggressively using all the mods features? Such as if you wanted vanilla tier 1 results you should get to tier 2 and use them instead. 

You have simple meals/etc not in your vanilla section, but under features. Did you rebalance them? Or did you maybe just add bulk order possibilities?

Thanks so much for this lovely mod and cheers! Thanks for anyone who might choose to answer some of my questions. You're all awesome. :)

ps. if there's an faq somewhere around for this mod which answers silly repetitive questions like mine then maybe include a link to it in the first post? That could cut down bothering all you nice folks.

Regar

Hi,

I really like your mod and i have a question.
Does your mod add the item "wool cloth" ?
it seems to be a fabric but cant be used for anything ....
it just say everything made with it got 1600% value

i dont know what mod added this item ( i got a bunch active ;) )

Canute

Why you don't answer your question self ?
When you use windows, open the windows explorer, get to the mod folder, to the veg. garden folder, then search for wool,
and you find nothing.

I used alot of mods recently, but didn't notice any "wool cloth" so far.
You should redo the search i mention over the whole mod folder to check what mod add it. You should exclude "core" maybe :-)

Trigon

Wool cloth is added by more floors I believe. All it can be used for is wool carpeting.

Naxdar

The cheese recipe is a bit broken when using soy milk as the ingredient. 75 beans makes 10 soy milk (5 nutrition) which makes 2 cheeses (0.5 nutrition). In any case, you should probably scrap soy milk as an ingredient for cheese since "soy milk cheese" is actually tofu.

AngleWyrm

Some category items that could be reclassified
  • Cheese should probably be a part of the Ingredients category instead of the Meals category.
  • Salt would fit better going from Resource to Ingredient
  • Hot Cocoa and Tea could go in the Drinks and Sweets category.

If you're feeling really industrious maybe break out Drinks and Sweets into two categories, as the pairing seems a bit odd from a recipe point of view.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

dismar

Quote from: Lazaah on February 18, 2017, 08:58:06 PM
A suggestion for the fertilizer bin. Rather than 'growing' fertilizer, could you make a 'bin'/stockpile where organic goods can be placed, which then turns to fertilizer?

Yes I just can't get the coding right :)
After 5 different ways of making it, I ended up with the one I did.

Quote from: Lethe on February 19, 2017, 02:46:22 AM
I was wondering if you provide access to the source anywhere. Sorry if you get this asked a lot and for not reading through all the posts here to check if answered this a million times already, I usually do, but 69 pages is a bit too much to go through...

You have simple meals/etc not in your vanilla section, but under features. Did you rebalance them? Or did you maybe just add bulk order possibilities?

Thanks so much for this lovely mod and cheers! Thanks for anyone who might choose to answer some of my questions. You're all awesome. :)

ps. if there's an faq somewhere around for this mod which answers silly repetitive questions like mine then maybe include a link to it in the first post? That could cut down bothering all you nice folks.
Give it a try. You make as much or as little of it as you want really. Last game I played I only grew rice and made bulk simple meals. The mod is pretty well set up that not researching anything will still allow you to play the game fully.

Quote from: Naxdar on February 20, 2017, 04:31:27 PM
The cheese recipe is a bit broken when using soy milk as the ingredient. 75 beans makes 10 soy milk (5 nutrition) which makes 2 cheeses (0.5 nutrition). In any case, you should probably scrap soy milk as an ingredient for cheese since "soy milk cheese" is actually tofu.

I'm ok with them both being around. I'll look into the recipe later.

Quote from: AngleWyrm on February 20, 2017, 04:42:00 PM
Some category items that could be reclassified
  • Cheese should probably be a part of the Ingredients category instead of the Meals category.
  • Salt would fit better going from Resource to Ingredient
  • Hot Cocoa and Tea could go in the Drinks and Sweets category.

If you're feeling really industrious maybe break out Drinks and Sweets into two categories, as the pairing seems a bit odd from a recipe point of view.

Hmm I don't think I have hot cocoa, but thanks for the rest of the suggestions!

Trigon

Canute

Quote from: dismar on February 20, 2017, 08:41:58 PM
Quote from: Lazaah on February 18, 2017, 08:58:06 PM

Yes I just can't get the coding right :)
After 5 different ways of making it, I ended up with the one I did.

Maybe ask the team from Hardcore-sk, they got a corpse bin to get compost.

Der Failer

A small QOL suggestion: Could you add the fertility to the description of all soils (and hydroponics) in the next update? Cause right know you either have to build it or look at the OP to find out.

Looking at the pic in the OP, I found that it says reclaim soil requires "Soil Reclamation I", but looking ingame it actually is under "Soil Reclamation II".

No xml inheritance shenanigans this time ;)