[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123nick

quick question: do you know all the mods that require a patch too run with vegetable garden 4?  im asking because although it does seem neat, most other mods require a compatibility patch too work with it, and im using a whole bunch of mods.

dismar

Quote from: 123nick on July 18, 2016, 11:14:46 PM
quick question: do you know all the mods that require a patch too run with vegetable garden 4?  im asking because although it does seem neat, most other mods require a compatibility patch too work with it, and im using a whole bunch of mods.

As far as I know there is only one mod that has a patch and that Plant Savers. Not many other mods mess with the stuff i my mod.

kaptain_kavern

Hi Dismar,

As always super nice work on the last update.

May i suggest you to make it clearly write somewhere that you need Electricity + Advance Cooking research for the electrical stove ? Maybe on Advance Cooking research description?

Again THX for that mod, Vanilla feel empty without it ;)

Ptolisgoodguy

Is there a way to edit the biome def in the mod files, I can't seem to find it?
I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!

kaptain_kavern

Ptolisgoodguy

As far as I can see, there isn't one.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!

kaptain_kavern

Ok my bad, things have changed again ;)

Look in each files in ThingDefs_Plants folder. And in these, look for the tag <wildBiomes>.

Ex: <ThingDef ParentName="FruitTreeBase">
    <defName>FigTree</defName>
    <label>fig tree</label>
    <description>A fruit bearing tree that grows figs and is not destroyed when picked.</description>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Plants/FigTree</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
    </graphicData>
    <plant>
      <growDays>12</growDays>
      <harvestedThingDef>Rawfig</harvestedThingDef>
<wildBiomes>
        <AridShrubland>0.01</AridShrubland>
        <Desert>0.01</Desert>
</wildBiomes>
    </plant>
  </ThingDef>

I guess those numbers are somewhat percentage of chance to appear in those biome.

dismar

notfood

Without Enviroseeds to balance it out, being able to grow anything feels so... so dirty. I pretty much cover the map with everything, help me.

rekasa

I can't seem to find Kibble in the list of meals to stockpile.
It'd logically be here, right?
http://i.imgur.com/c7kH7R3.png

I don't want my bunnies to starve.

dismar

Quote from: notfood on July 19, 2016, 11:58:00 AM
Without Enviroseeds to balance it out, being able to grow anything feels so... so dirty. I pretty much cover the map with everything, help me.

Sorry seeds won't be out till I get an updated dll from the hardcore team

Quote from: rekasa on July 20, 2016, 12:39:31 AM
I can't seem to find Kibble in the list of meals to stockpile.
It'd logically be here, right?
http://i.imgur.com/c7kH7R3.png

I don't want my bunnies to starve.

I moved all the pet food to the raw resources in stockpiles.

I'm currently away on a business trip and won't be able to look into my coding till I return at the end of the week. :)

qurffe

Dunno if it is known but using this mod throws a lot of yellow errors, they dont really matter but they are rather annoying if you are trying to find something in output_log. Almost the same thing for like all of the plants:

Config error in PlantPotato: Ingestible with undefined preferability
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)
Config error in PlantPotato: Ingestible with no food type flags.
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)
Config error in PlantCorn: Ingestible with undefined preferability
Config error in PlantCorn: Ingestible with no food type flags.
Config error in PlantRice: Ingestible with undefined preferability

dismar

I have no errors across 3 pcs. What mods are you using so that I can track down what is over writing the plant patent def.

qurffe

So i checked a little by myself and it happens when i load ED-OmniGel BEFORE Vegatable Garden, if i load omnigel after garden it doesnt appear anymore. unfortunately mod config file doesnt cooperate with steam workshop as it only shows string of numbers instead of names.

dismar