Your most evil deed ingame?

Started by Tiolas, May 08, 2015, 12:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zodium

I put a self-sustaining base entirely within overhead mountain, manually constructed (repairable) room walls, walled off a psychic drone with all Psychically Deaf colonists, and wait for siege camps to kill each other in fits of psychotic rage.

Then, I put a small stockpile for meals dropped by raiders at the edge of my turret batteries' range. As the finite amount of food they start with dwindles, this causes a slow trickle of starving, desperate raiders to run directly to their deaths in search of food. When the debug log starts to pop up reporting a reservation conflict over a survival meal between two raiders, you know things are about to get good.

Moo

Anyone know of a mod that lessens or removes the happiness hit from selling slaves?

Dakkanor

Quote from: Moo on June 09, 2015, 07:21:21 PM
Anyone know of a mod that lessens or removes the happiness hit from selling slaves?
there is no happiness hit when installing a prosthetic, in vanilla thats an expensive idea, but with expanded Prothetics and Organ Engineering you can make a bunch of fairly cheap and useless prothetics, replace the fine body parts with the crap ones and use the newly harvested organs and limbs to fix your colonists.
plus its hella funny to release 4-5 raiders with all possible organs replaced with crappy replacements

MelanisticAlbino

This thread seriously inspired me. Thank you guys!

I really do hope Rimworld allows for these sort of colonies where  you can decide be "evil" och "good".

ardentpause

@MelanisticAlbino: Well, Rimworld allows anything you want, you just have to pay for it when your less psychotic colonists get mad.

@Dakkanor: Just make your own.
Step 1: Create a new folder in [rimworld folder]/Mods/heartlessmod/Defs/ThoughtDefs
Step 2: Inside the ThoughtDefs folder, create a file called Thoughts_Memories.xml
Step 3: Edit the file, and add this code.

<ThoughtDef>
    <defName>KnowPrisonerSold</defName>
    <duration>100000</duration>
    <stackLimit>5</stackLimit>
    <nullifyingTraits>
      <li>Psychopath</li>
    </nullifyingTraits>
    <stages>
      <li>
        <label>a prisoner was sold</label>
        <description>This colony sold a prisoner into slavery. That's a worrying thought.</description>
        <baseMoodEffect>0</baseMoodEffect>
      </li>
    </stages>
  </ThoughtDef>

Done.

You should also look inside "[rimworld folder]/Mods/Core/Defs/ThoughtDefs/Thoughts_Memories.xml" to see other ways to alter moods, like ignoring penalties for organ harvesting.

Moo

Quote from: Dakkanor on June 10, 2015, 05:49:33 AM
Quote from: Moo on June 09, 2015, 07:21:21 PM
there is no happiness hit when installing a prosthetic, in vanilla thats an expensive idea, but with expanded Prothetics and Organ Engineering you can make a bunch of fairly cheap and useless prothetics, replace the fine body parts with the crap ones and use the newly harvested organs and limbs to fix your colonists.
plus its hella funny to release 4-5 raiders with all possible organs replaced with crappy replacements

Not... really relevant to what I was looking for, but thanks anyway! Was asking about selling slaves, not installing prosthetics. But I see what you meant.

I did find a mod (Prepare Carefully I think it's called) that lets you set up your guys before game start, I just set them all to be psychopaths so they shouldn't care about selling slaves :D

RickyMartini

Man, there are some really dark stories in here....

Rimworld really fits perfectly to some of you.

Bhurano

Quote from: Skissor on June 10, 2015, 05:25:23 PM

It doesn't fit us... it CREATES us. ;D

jacob.e.chapman

I pride myself for not exactly being cruel to prisoners, but, on the first day i got Rimworld, I got raided for the first time and it went something like this.
1) Raider approaches my small two building colony, and is promptly killed by someone in melee, having his foot cut off.
2) I take him captive and remove his other leg, so now he's on two peg legs.
3) A slave trader ship approaches so I remove most of his organs, only to sell them minutes later.
4) The amputated raider was still on the anesthetic when i cranked up the heat in the room, to watch him die of heat stroke very shortly.

Not exactly the most evil thing that i could have done, but it was something.

Adamiks

Quote from: Bhurano on June 10, 2015, 06:44:00 PM
Quote from: Skissor on June 10, 2015, 05:25:23 PM

It doesn't fit us... it CREATES us. ;D

I remember my first games. I wanted to be good guy, but after some playing being good guy is just boring.... Yes, Rimworld creates us all. Rimworld will also born new, bad Skissor. Muaahaha!

demacrex

Upon realizing someone I captured from a raid had brain damage from said raid and not wanting to wait for a slave trader (they were causing all kinds of grief for me) I took what I could while leaving them barely able to function limb and organ wise then demolished a 3x3 room that spawned with the map with them, they promptly had their head cut off by the falling roof, first and only time one of my colonist has died of decapitation so I was reasonably proud of that one :)
If Rimworld taught me anything, it's that 95% of your problems can be killed and eaten.

mehguy22

Visitors are annoying. They just kinda sit outside your base staring at you like some sort of stalker fanclub thing.
I recently played my first game on the Ice Sheets. Hard, but I'm managing okay. The first time visitors come, I notice they didn't pack enough insulation for the -99 F temperatures and started getting hypothermia. I also noticed, from living around it all the time, that thick snow slows people down a lot.
I saw the need. I saw the tools. I did the deed. All I had to do was stop shoveling snow from my porch and close the gaps I left in my cover, which slowed down base traffic- and I soon had a glorious ring of frozen corpses around my base entrance that once thought it'd be a good idea to visit me. Every time a visitor group arrives, I grab some popcorn and prep the comms to sell their gear.
You ever heard of Space Vikings? No? Well they're way more badass than stupid space pirates. So much so that we get our name capitalized and they don't.

Kegereneku

The relief of the map made my mountain base the only way to go from South to North.
When visitor passed by, I locked some doors.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

demacrex

Playing on a tundra map I capture a chef after a raid,
he joins after a day or two so I set him to work in the kitchen,
butchering his friends that died in battle to sell their flesh and skin for major bucks hahahahahahaha, so rich!!!!!!
If Rimworld taught me anything, it's that 95% of your problems can be killed and eaten.

MailletC

I wouldn't say I'm particularly evil, but I am definitely ruthless in my treatment of prisoners.
Any prisoner I want to recruit goes into my luxury prisoner room. There is a royal bed, a table and chair, a chessboard, flower pots, rugs, heat, air conditioning, lights, and some good artwork. They are fed, and given full medical treatment. Prisoners I recruit must have good shooting or melee skills, and must have a marketable trade, either crafting, art, or cooking.

However, the weak, old, stupid, or nonviolent ones go into my other prison.
Imagine a 3x4 room, enclosed within stone walls. The only furniture is 6 sleeping spots. Prisoners are stripped naked before being locked up. Prisoners receive food but no medicine. Any health complications are dealt with in the 19th century style. Infected limbs are amputated. Wooden peg legs are installed. Regular beatings enforce discipline.
If a prisoner successfully recovers from their wounds, a hunt is scheduled.
The prisoner is scheduled to be released, but upon being taken outside the wall, must attempt to make it to the map edge while being chased and shot at by all of my colonists.
If the prisoner dies, they are buried in a special 'losers' graveyard.
If the prisoner is downed, they are recaptured to start the process all over again.
So far in my current colony, I have captured 26 prisoners.
I have recruited 3 of them.
There are 22 graves outside my perimeter.
One prisoner is awaiting release...