[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

StormySunrise

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 18, 2016, 03:16:29 PM
Quote from: StormySunrise on August 18, 2016, 03:12:12 PM
Anyone know how to change the recipe for kindling? It only alllows me to make kindling from bamboo logs not wood, and when I look it up in the help menu it says ingrdients >Wooden

Again, have you copied all the folders from Mod in the archive provided, including the Core ?

Because if yes :

it works

It seems like im just missing files constantly, I think windows defender is deleting these "malicious" files automatically

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Owlchemist on August 18, 2016, 08:10:37 AM
Quote from: Griffith on August 18, 2016, 07:49:52 AM
Got the research, bench still hasn't appeared though. I also have only had 1 traders caravan, 0 ships and sent 2 colonists on a mission and its been quite some time since ive heard back from them. Bugged maybe? (6 hours in real-life time played on this world?)

It might be bugged. It doesn't even show up in god mode.

UPDATE: looking at the XMLs, I'm guessing it got mixed up in some research definition renaming, judging by the comments. It could probably be fixed by someone with a bit more know-how than me.

It seems you need to research "Infrastructure III" in order to unlock this Bench (you're right it's not rightly labelled in the xml files - It will be corrected in next release)

Jalordon

I don't think its specific to the mod pack but going to ask eitherway,

Is there any way to get it so that raider AI is more willing to shoot at colonists who can't be pathed to?

I usually make a large walled in enclosure with doors and embrasures to shoot from and generally raiders won't shoot at the colonists that the raiders can't path to. They instead try to bash open the door and consequentially get killed without doing much damage.

edit: I noticed that when i have a colonist that's outside of the defenses and can be pathed to makes it so the raiders are more likely to shoot at the colonists behind the embrasures. Not sure if that helps in any way.

edit2:
Disregard this post, saw that change was made so that they are pass through-able at a really slow rate.

Owlchemist

BTW it looks like the next update to Hardcore SK won't be save game compatible, due to Enlighten being removed from it (and perhaps other reasons too). Something to think about if you're planning a full play through.

Sorta wish the game could harden itself against these circumstances and handle it, like other games do (eg Cities Skylines). Alpha is alpha though ;)

UPDATE: I actually managed to salvage my save file now that Enlighten was removed. Just do a search for "BR_" in your save file and remove those blocks.

Patch

Uhm.. Am i missing something about batteries? I started a new game on a clean install, installed the mod pack and everything works so far.

I started and cannot remember if i researched the Power tech oder had it from start - but it states it unlocks batteries, it is researched and i have no batteries available to build. I checked all the other researchables and have found nothing that would logically unlock a battery - so is something bugged here, or am i missing something?

Sorry if that has been asked already but searching the thread got me nowhere...

kaptain_kavern

sevrun

Nice mod collection... one question though, why does every animal on the map decide to eat my survival rations?  They're seriously eating the vast majority of my rations before I can build a store room.

I've got enough to shovel without being stampeded by 'wild' animals that will only settle for my food.

Owlchemist

Quote from: sevrun on August 18, 2016, 10:15:30 PM
Nice mod collection... one question though, why does every animal on the map decide to eat my survival rations?  They're seriously eating the vast majority of my rations before I can build a store room.

I've got enough to shovel without being stampeded by 'wild' animals that will only settle for my food.

I would recommend having every colonist pick them up (pick up, not haul) for safe keeping. Take advantage of that inventory space ;)

StormySunrise

Quote from: sevrun on August 18, 2016, 10:15:30 PM

I believe it's part of the core vs that animals go for the nearest/most nutritious food and the packaged survival meal is a fine meal.

Assuming you are not like me, starting with two shiv holding tribs  and a couple of meals, I'd recommend having a person "guard" the meals by either enlisting them to shoot animals coming to eat the meals. Otherwise I'd recommend deconstructing the nearest walls to make a storage for the food.

Zakhad

Anyone else think that the spare ship chunk event needs to be increased? It's been like 4 years and I've only had 3 drop in the first year, I have 6 mechanisms i need 8 to make a damn hand assembler Quite a nice.... big empty base built so far, all the components have been used on doors/beds/tables/stools because I cant do anything else apart from a logging table, I'm not really complaining I'm just wondering if anyone else think it needs to be increased, its just a wee bit boring waiting, and I'm losing limbs left right and center and no way to replace them at the moment due to lack of abilty to progress tech wise, I'm trying not to spawn them in.

Owlchemist

4 years and you don't even have the tier 1 benches setup? Holy crap. How have you not restarted by now, lol.

You need 16 mechanisms between the machining table, assembly table, and furnace. I think each ship chunk drops... 2 or 3? There should have definitely been at least 8 ship chunks spawned with the map when you started.

Griffith

Can anyone else confirm if the (misc?) incidents are bugged? Still havnt got my 2 colonists back that I sent out a season or so ago. :(

Wirex

anyone help me , i have blueberry seeds and have research to grow blueberry but they didn't sowing is that a bug or i miss something ?

kaptain_kavern

Be sure to check soil fertility requirement IIRC they may need more than 100%

Owlchemist

Did CCL ever fix that bug where the power state is not saved for workbenches, so when you load a save all your benches are drawing max power? I noticed that bug is still around in SK's version of it, at least. Actually I'm kinda surprised no one ever seems to bring it up but me, makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong D:

It's such an annoying bug and I would think it'd be affecting everyone around here, no?