[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Bronthion

Quote from: Canute on April 11, 2017, 03:55:29 PM
It isn't realy a bug, it is just lazy developer who didn't update the description.
You mention the research page where you saw the conduit. Look  there if you can find the batteries somewhere. Sorry i don't have the modpack active anymore, but i just saw at the def's you need "Electronics I" if that helps.

Oh my god! You saved my game, thank you, I found it :) I was searching for it but missed it because I was looking for icon similiar to vanilla battery (like conduict for example). In my game battery is under "Electronics basics" very close to researched by default "Power". I dont know how I could not noticed it, seriously :D

And thanks for info about begginer guide, I'll read it :)

sidfu

the sunlamp is same stats as stock but probaly it being 2 blocks now instead of 1 is throwing it off. ill tell sky about it as he knows how to do the dimtions better than me.

on the research topics not being same as what they say. its not causes we lazy but a research overhaul is planed but serous RL issues came for the one incharge of it so its been delayed.

Shad

Danm you cassandra: throwing "Lord of Darkeness" only 1.5 years in. By whole colony was dead in seconds. How are you even supposed to fight this?

sidfu

Quote from: Shad on April 12, 2017, 01:30:27 PM
Danm you cassandra: throwing "Lord of Darkeness" only 1.5 years in. By whole colony was dead in seconds. How are you even supposed to fight this?

the darkness lasts a few hours all u need to do is stay in a lit area. when event starts u get a timer so if u build a bunch of campfires and keep your guys in that area u pass it easy as the creatures cant go into the light.

Shad

Quote from: sidfu on April 12, 2017, 02:55:49 PM
the darkness lasts a few hours all u need to do is stay in a lit area. when event starts u get a timer so if u build a bunch of campfires and keep your guys in that area u pass it easy as the creatures cant go into the light.
Oh, so that's what it was.

The way it went for me was:
1. The base is well lit, I will be fine
2. Oh, it's getting dark... Really dark. I should should be fine, though...
3. Electrical sound, lights start to flicker.
4. Oh, the batteries were discharged earlier due to not having enough wind and now not enough power for the base in on intermittent power. Now, to the master switch... oh it's in the darkness too.
5. Colonists huddle in the living room with a glowstone lamp having lost one of them in the run to the room.
6. "Major risk of a break down". What's wrong? Urgently hungry? Well, the serving table is right here in this sealed off room, you should be fine... oh, you just oneshotted.
7. Now you fiance and a friend a having a break... and dead.
8. FUN!

sidfu

what u can do is if u have glowstone lamps build enough to light your freezer and kitchen. when u get electrial power if u use those lights just keep the glowstone lamps stored for emergencys. same thing with the blow lamps they last 3 days off 1 filling so u just need to make sure u keep a few in storage u dont sell after u advance past them.

what do is the important areas like kitchen,freezer and med area area always connected and lighted by glowstone incase of a emercy.

Canute

I think for the next Darkness event you will be more prepared ! :-)
And hint Mining helmets got buildin light, they can help too.
Better light out your dinning area, assign a light area there, then you can assign them to that area next time.
But you still can loose people when someone is far away from the base.
And be warned there are some other very bad unique events out there ! :-)

XDevilDanteX

Quote from: Canute on April 10, 2017, 05:28:44 PM
Quote from: XDevilDanteX on April 10, 2017, 04:01:19 PM
Hi guys!

After many months I hadn't played with this modpack, today I decided to download it again and make a new adventure.
Unfortunatly, even if the game and the modpack seem to work perfectly, the game don't allows my colonists to pick up and equip any weapon. I right-click as usual on the weapon with the colonist selected, but none option appears.
Do you know about this problem? How can I resolve it?
Mosttimes the problems are because you didn't install the modpack like it is written at the instructions.
Delete all, install a fresh Rimworld, unzip/copy the modpack and copy the modconfig.xml to the config.

Ok, after reinstalled the mod it seems to work now.
But now I have another problem in game...
I can't haul animals in stockpiles even if I allow animal corpses (also rotten corpses). Obviously, I have allowed all the colonies to haul and unforbidden the carcass.
I noticed that if I prioritize to butcher directly on the butcher table it works. Instead, if I try to pick up the meat the game says that "there are no empty place to store it". I don't know how this can be possible... maybe a bug of the mod?
P.S: The animal in question is an Okapi

Canute

Did you notice the modpack include a new overall tag "fresh" ?

Urz_

Everything i end up releasing is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0. You do not need to ask permission to use any of my stuff, but do keep in mind i might not own the license to all of it.

Canute

Not sure, but they changed immunity gain at beds by building material.
If you got trouble with infections don't let your pawn's healrest at beds with lower then 100% immunity gain or they never develop immunity at natural way and allways need extra medicine that improve the healing.
Even with 120% immunity gain it can be critical when the infection allready got to far ahead.
Seting a patient at Anestetic can improve the healing too.

XDevilDanteX

Quote from: Canute on April 13, 2017, 02:09:00 AM
Did you notice the modpack include a new overall tag "fresh" ?

So? What do you mean?

Canute

Check the storage filter, on top you got rotten and fresh.
But sure the stockpiles for your corpse got fresh enabled.

Slipshodian

Quote from: Canute on April 13, 2017, 05:10:31 AM
If you got trouble with infections don't let your pawn's healrest at beds with lower then 100% immunity gain or they never develop immunity at natural way and allways need extra medicine that improve the healing.
Even with 120% immunity gain it can be critical when the infection allready got to far ahead.

don't forget anti-biotics, and mushroom/healroot tinctures (they increase blood filtering rate temporarily, good early on if beds/materials aren't sufficient), also, copper hospital beds give such massive immunity gain that it is basically game breaking.

sidfu

Quote from: Slipshodian on April 13, 2017, 09:54:24 AM
Quote from: Canute on April 13, 2017, 05:10:31 AM

don't forget anti-biotics, and mushroom/healroot tinctures (they increase blood filtering rate temporarily, good early on if beds/materials aren't sufficient), also, copper hospital beds give such massive immunity gain that it is basically game breaking.

acutaly plasticis higher at 197% or so. by time u get those anyway u shouldnt be worried about diseases anyway.