[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

diablz

i get this when i open the game

Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ResearchProjectDef:GenerateNonOverlappingCoordinates()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

how can i fix that?

LoliScout

Quote from: diablz on January 06, 2017, 10:21:39 AM
i get this when i open the game

Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ResearchProjectDef:GenerateNonOverlappingCoordinates()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

how can i fix that?
Ignore it? I think that's the base research tab trying to configure but it gets overwritten by Fluffy's anyway.

Rhyssia

Quote from: LoliScout on January 06, 2017, 08:56:25 AM
Quote from: Stufferino on January 06, 2017, 08:25:04 AM
How do you unlock batteries? The "Power" research says it does, but only unlocks switches and conduits. Searching through the files I can't find which research unlocks the battery.
I just came back to the game after a year so I'm a little lost

Edit: Ah, found it in the files. Have to research electronics basics (SK_ElectronicsI) to unlock it. A little confusing because of the tooltips, but I got it now.
https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK/issues/510 Can confirm that's been fixed in the latest upload.

Im going to be redoing the Descriptions/English translation for Research Projects now. issue "510" just related to batteries and a little switch in prerequisites. I can't actually change the research tree without going into core_sk\assembly which I have no experience with.
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

sidfu

Quote from: Owlchemist on January 06, 2017, 09:01:02 AM
Quote from: Nicker on January 06, 2017, 08:44:50 AM
Hello, I have maybe a little bit stupid question but hope you can help me somehow. So I started Cassandra rough with stndard 3 colonists and standard startup items and it feels somehow wrong. I got ammo just for a few shots, feels like missing some starting items etc. I know everyone can play game as he likes to, but is it recommended to play other starting colonists or maybe change starting items?

Also 1 thing I noticed, I was playing for a while and I didn't see any raids or events, it's like that to let me start or sth is buggy? I didn't play for really long but in vanilla I would get raided few times already I believe.

I didn't get very many bad events in first year, but year 2 is starting to pick up. I think Cassandra is just being gentle to year 1 colonies!

Btw, you should have some starting ammo. Be sure to look all around the starting site, it can be hard to spot sometimes, and may have fallen farther away.

I am concerned about the lack of trade caravans though. I've only had 1 come by and I'm coming up on the start of year 3 soon. I remember seeing them more often in A14. But the fact that I only have 4 non-hostile factions, and the changes in A16 might of had something to do with that.

... come to think of it, I haven't got a single visitor yet. I wonder if they don't come by if you don't have any guest beds setup yet?

it is a known bug with any of the events requiring a pawn to spawn. for example my 1 year colony has had no raiders. 1 person joined, no caravans or traders.

if u open he console u will see the error that fires when it fires for a pawn spwn event.

note to all if u realy want to help with errors have your dev console checked in options.
then u can click the error click copy and alt tab out and put on a document till u finish that session.

Rhyssia

Has anyone gotten to medicine production?

Looking through the files now and it seems a little... Odd (Not sure if research descriptions are accurate for recipes.)
Anyone have feedback for that?

-edit- Found the recipes, know what I need to do now.

-edit2-
Anyone know what Neutromine is for? I can't find it used in medicines and having a hard time tracking down drug recipes now.

Nyxtus

Great mod, but as others have said the lack of raids and other events is just killing it for me, I don't know how much I can really help, but here's one of the logs I got.

http://i.imgur.com/KY2to5X.png

Rhyssia

Quote from: Nyxtus on January 06, 2017, 02:07:45 PM
Great mod, but as others have said the lack of raids and other events is just killing it for me, I don't know how much I can really help, but here's one of the logs I got.

Thank you, error has been reported. This error is related to Neutral Visitors.
https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK/issues/516

Nyxtus

Quote from: Rhyssia on January 06, 2017, 02:12:36 PM
Quote from: Nyxtus on January 06, 2017, 02:07:45 PM

Thank you, error has been reported.
https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK/issues/516

Awesome, and super quick, thank you for everything you do, appreciate it.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Rhyssia on January 06, 2017, 01:42:25 PM
Has anyone gotten to medicine production?

Looking through the files now and it seems a little... Odd (Not sure if research descriptions are accurate for recipes.)
Anyone have feedback for that?

-edit- Found the recipes, know what I need to do now.

-edit2-
Anyone know what Neutromine is for? I can't find it used in medicines and having a hard time tracking down drug recipes now.

Neutroamine was added back in A14 or A15 (forget which) vanilla for drug production. It was setup as something that you needed to buy from traders, couldn't produce it yourself. Not sure if it is still the same as when introduced. It's also been in a few mods as something that you can grow yourself. So, not sure if you are seeing vanilla item or something from a mod.

edit: To be more specific, I believe it was used to combine with "Herbal Medicine" to make regular "Medicine"

Makko

I have been experiencing a high number of raids on cassandra, the difficulty easier than rough. Around 1.5 raids a week though they have been small for the most part. The AI uses their weapons pretty effectively and is capable of using sappers against mountain rock deposits in a way they don't seem to do in vanilla A16 making them very dangerous against mountain bases.

However one and a half years in I have not seen a single trader! If seeds were still limited my colony would have certainly died before the first year. If seeds get brought back in you should probably start with 200 Potato Seeds in the default scenario.

Speaking of potatoes, they last a long time and nobody cares about eating them raw (try it in real life some time, you'll feel like going on a mental break) so there's no point in cooking meals that don't provide a lot of joy.

This seems unintentional.

Rhyssia

Quote from: Nyxtus on January 06, 2017, 02:14:19 PM
Awesome, and super quick, thank you for everything you do, appreciate it.

No problem!  :)
(I don't do much, but thank you!)

Rhyssia

Quote from: Makko on January 06, 2017, 02:18:23 PM
I have been experiencing a high number of raids on cassandra, the difficulty easier than rough. Around 1.5 raids a week though they have been small for the most part. The AI uses their weapons pretty effectively and is capable of using sappers against mountain rock deposits in a way they don't seem to do in vanilla A16 making them very dangerous against mountain bases.

However one and a half years in I have not seen a single trader! If seeds were still limited my colony would have certainly died before the first year. If seeds get brought back in you should probably start with 200 Potato Seeds in the default scenario.

Speaking of potatoes, they last a long time and nobody cares about eating them raw (try it in real life some time, you'll feel like going on a mental break) so there's no point in cooking meals that don't provide a lot of joy.

This seems unintentional.

Raids are generated by random event. So, not directly controllable. (With some people reporting no raids.)
May look into increasing trader random %

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on January 06, 2017, 02:14:57 PM
-snip-

Neutroamine was added back in A14 or A15 (forget which) vanilla for drug production. It was setup as something that you needed to buy from traders, couldn't produce it yourself. Not sure if it is still the same as when introduced. It's also been in a few mods as something that you can grow yourself. So, not sure if you are seeing vanilla item or something from a mod.

Thank you! It can be grown in this mod and is listed in Mods\Core_SK\ (Research is Medical agriculture II) But I'm having difficulty locating any recipes it's actually used in.

-edit- Figured out where it's called/used. All good now.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Rhyssia on January 06, 2017, 02:22:58 PM
-snip-

Thank you! It can be grown in this mod and is listed in Mods\Core_SK\ (Research is Medical agriculture II) But I'm having difficulty locating any recipes it's actually used in.

Sorry, just edited my previous reply, when I decided to be a bit more in depth.

IIRC, it was used to combine with Herbal meds to make regular meds. Not sure if it was used for anything else as I have never really went the drug production route.

Rhyssia

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on January 06, 2017, 02:24:45 PM
Quote from: Rhyssia on January 06, 2017, 02:22:58 PM
-snip-
-snip-
-snip-

Sorry, just edited my previous reply, when I decided to be a bit more in depth.

IIRC, it was used to combine with Herbal meds to make regular meds. Not sure if it was used for anything else as I have never really went the drug production route.

I found it! It's called for by drugs in the core files that aren't overwritten by the mod files. Which makes more sense to me now where it fits in the research tree.

-edit-
Also
@Makko
I'm not sure if I should change Trader Event %Chance.
Can you call traders from "Comms Device(?)" ?

sidfu

the issue with traders is that

1. the trade post cant be built it insta destorys itself witha  error
2. every time a trader should come it throws the same error that gets thrown for us that dont get raids.