[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Knedl

Quote from: itzrabiid on August 26, 2017, 07:18:24 PM
Another issue now....

I finally got in game and the issue now is i never get raids, like ever.

Any ideas?

Go to options and change the story teller to the last one and the hardest. Wait for a few ingame days :)

itzrabiid

Done that, waited 46 days and all i got was an animal migration..

broccoli

I just started the game as tribals, but can't progress. Stonecutter's bench requires 70 stone blocks, but I started with only 30. It seems I can't do anything.

Canute

Check the map, there should be things you are able to deconstruct for stone blocks, wood and other things.

broccoli

Quote from: Canute on August 27, 2017, 04:35:43 AM
Check the map, there should be things you are able to deconstruct for stone blocks, wood and other things.

Ah, there are granite cairns, thank you! This new content is great :D

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: broccoli on August 27, 2017, 08:16:26 AM
Quote from: Canute on August 27, 2017, 04:35:43 AM

Ah, there are granite cairns, thank you! This new content is great :D

Once you find one, I highly recommend you zoom out and double click on the one you found. Then mark them all to be deconstructed. I also then pan around the map keeping a found one on screen to double click to help find the others. Once I get them all marked for deconstruction I typically find the one closest to my camp and unmark that one so the pawns will have a close piece of art to go view for early game joy.

Don't forget you can also take down existing walls and floors around the map for blocks as well. **Being careful of ancient dangers of course!

r4ky

Hi,

Is there a way to remove Combat Realism mod? even if i have to remove some mod who need/use the mod to work

thanks

Canute

Quote from: r4ky on August 27, 2017, 11:17:22 AM
Is there a way to remove Combat Realism mod? even if i have to remove some mod who need/use the mod to work
You are lucky, Combat realism completly removed at the A17 version !! :-)

Quote from: sidfu on August 19, 2017, 07:27:45 PM
mandatory mods are
1.hugslib
2.alien framework
3.combat enhanced
4. core
5. core sk

BlackSmokeDMax

Hi,

thanks

Btw, in case you couldn't tell Canute was joking, in a way. Combat Realism is no longer part of the mod, thus the luck. Most likely you are talking about Combat Extended though, which later in the post you can see a quote from an earlier post stating the minimum required mods for HardcoreSK to function. Combat Extended IS on that list, so if you are trying to get rid of Combat Extended completely you are out of luck. That being said, if it is just the ammo that is bothering you, that is an option in Combat Extended to have on or off, so you may be able to go into mod options via the main menu system and shut that off. Maybe. Not sure if HcSK has some changes or anything that block that being turned off. I doubt it does though.

morgredblack

hey guys i started a tropical rainforest colony and i just ran out of medicine. do i have any chance other than pray a caravan with healroot seeds gets to me in time?

PhenotypeX

Quote from: itzrabiid on August 26, 2017, 07:18:24 PM
Another issue now....

I finally got in game and the issue now is i never get raids, like ever.

Any ideas?

This is probably the vanilla bug where ancient dangers contain mechanoids which are in "assault colony" mode. This means the game already thinks there is a raid in progress. The signs that you have this are:
1) No event asking you to name the colony
2) Combat music playing
3) Elections don't happen

The easiest fix is to use the dev console to open up all the ancient dangers and delete any mechanoids.  I have been editing my save files to change their mission to "defend point" which seems to work also, but is quite complicated to do.

r4ky

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 27, 2017, 12:53:58 PM
Hi,

thanks

Btw, in case you couldn't tell Canute was joking, in a way. Combat Realism is no longer part of the mod, thus the luck. Most likely you are talking about Combat Extended though, which later in the post you can see a quote from an earlier post stating the minimum required mods for HardcoreSK to function. Combat Extended IS on that list, so if you are trying to get rid of Combat Extended completely you are out of luck. That being said, if it is just the ammo that is bothering you, that is an option in Combat Extended to have on or off, so you may be able to go into mod options via the main menu system and shut that off. Maybe. Not sure if HcSK has some changes or anything that block that being turned off. I doubt it does though.

yea that is the ammo this is really bothering me ^^ i didn't know there was an option thanks for telling me .

Quote from: Canute on August 27, 2017, 12:32:08 PM
You are lucky, Combat realism completly removed at the A17 version !! :-)

Ho ok, long time i didn't play rimworld and extended combat wasnt creat on my last game time, it was combat realism for ammo ^^

lordmidas

This needs to be fixed in the next update. However I have a .xml solution to it right now. If someone wants help on how to edit the .xml please reply and I will post the instructions.

Problem: Fertilizer is required for making hydroponics but there is no way to produce synthetic fertilizer. This is especially a problem on ice sheets where you do not have access to infinite amounts of meat and vegetables to waste on making compost.

Solution: I solved this problem by going into the .xml of the Fertilizer Production Machine and creating a new recipe: "Make ammonia fertilizer". This utilizes 15 Sand, 15 Nitre and 10 Synthetic Ammonia to produce 10 Fertilizer. I think it is balanced and allows making fertilizer after you make an oil refinery and mining rig. It is still a slow process so it takes a long time before you have enough fertilizer for a full hydroponics room. In my opinion something like this should be added to the mod in the next update.

manar

Quote from: lordmidas on August 28, 2017, 05:09:33 AM
This needs to be fixed in the next update. However I have a .xml solution to it right now. If someone wants help on how to edit the .xml please reply and I will post the instructions.

Problem: Fertilizer is required for making hydroponics but there is no way to produce synthetic fertilizer. This is especially a problem on ice sheets where you do not have access to infinite amounts of meat and vegetables to waste on making compost.

Solution: I solved this problem by going into the .xml of the Fertilizer Production Machine and creating a new recipe: "Make ammonia fertilizer". This utilizes 15 Sand, 15 Nitre and 10 Synthetic Ammonia to produce 10 Fertilizer. I think it is balanced and allows making fertilizer after you make an oil refinery and mining rig. It is still a slow process so it takes a long time before you have enough fertilizer for a full hydroponics room. In my opinion something like this should be added to the mod in the next update.

Oh shhhh.. I mean thanks :D

I'm playing ice sheets lately, yesterday I made my first soils and was thinking about making some rich soil this evening when I'm home. Care to say which file it is exactly you modified ?

Edited to add:
Possibly edit Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings\Buildings_Production_Automation.xml
Add <li>MakeAmmoniaFertilizer</li> under the "recipes" tag of "FertilizerProductionMachine".
Add the recipe definition in Mods\Core_SK\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_FertileFields.xml
  <RecipeDef>
    <defName>MakeAmmoniaFertilizer</defName>
    <label>make ammonia fertilizer</label>
    <jobString>Making ammonia fertilizer.</jobString>
    <workSpeedStat>BrewingSpeed</workSpeedStat>
    <effectWorking>Cook</effectWorking>
    <soundWorking>Recipe_CookMeal</soundWorking>
    <workAmount>10000</workAmount>
    <ingredients>
      <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>Sand</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>15</count>
      </li>
      <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>Nitre</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>15</count>
      </li>
      <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>SyntheticAmmonia</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>10</count>
      </li>
    </ingredients>
    <products>
      <Fertilizer>10</Fertilizer>
    </products>
    <workSkill>Crafting</workSkill>
  </RecipeDef>

Havent's tested yet though.

lordmidas

Quote from: manar on August 28, 2017, 05:35:28 AM
Quote from: lordmidas on August 28, 2017, 05:09:33 AM

Oh shhhh.. I mean thanks :D

I'm playing ice sheets lately, yesterday I made my first soils and was thinking about making some rich soil this evening when I'm home. Care to say which file it is exactly you modified ?

Edited to add:
Possibly edit Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings\Buildings_Production_Automation.xml
Add <li>MakeAmmoniaFertilizer</li> under the "recipes" tag of "FertilizerProductionMachine".
Add the recipe definition in Mods\Core_SK\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_FertileFields.xml
  <RecipeDef>
    <ingredients>
      <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>Sand</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>15</count>
      </li>
      <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>Nitre</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>15</count>
      </li>
      <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>10</count>
      </li>
    </ingredients>
    <products>
    </products>
  </RecipeDef>

Havent's tested yet though.

Yes you are correct, that is exactly what I did.

To make it easier for other people to understand:

Step 1:
Open the following file: Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings\Buildings_Production_Automation.xml
Search for FertilizerProductionMachine and go to its <recipes> tag. There you add the following:
<li>MakeAmmoniaFertilizer</li>

So finally it should look like this:
<recipes>
      <li>MakeFertilizer</li>
      <li>MakeAmmoniaFertilizer</li>
</recipes>

Step 2:
Open the following file: Mods\Core_SK\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_FertileFields.xml

Go to the end of the file and just before the last </recipeDefs> tag Copy paste what manar has written in his post which I have quoted above. So finally it should look like this:

<RecipeDef>
    <ingredients>
      <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>Sand</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>15</count>
      </li>
     <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>Nitre</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>15</count>
      </li>
     <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>10</count>
      </li>
    </ingredients>
    <products>
    </products>
  </RecipeDef>

</RecipeDefs>

Step 3:
Enjoy producing synthetic fertilizer :). Just remember that in order for the fertilizer production machine to produce the fertilizer, you need to put Synthetic ammonia, Nitre and Sand right next to it. I normally do that by making 3 stockpiles of 1 tile each and setting each of them to hold only one of these resources. Set these stockpiles' priority to Critical so that they are always prioritized to be filled by your pawns.