[1.3] Glass&Lights Last Update: [8/13/21]

Started by jacob814, August 06, 2015, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

Getting a bug...when i click on windows now i only see the reinforced window as a choice, not the regular glass show up. Is it because i dont currently have any glass in my stockpiles?

Canute

Ofcourse, this is the same thing like for walls or other construction things.

Ruisuki

DDRMANIAC007

I can't find the glassworks research in the A17 build.

jacob814

Should be along the top of the researchs. Give me a screenshot if you still can't find it.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: jacob814 on August 06, 2015, 10:20:53 AM
Known Bugs/Issues
- The ceiling lights do take up space in the tile. I am working on a fix but it may take some time because it will require coding that I am not familiar with.
If this is still a problem, I think you just need to change <altitudeLayer> in your lamp bases to something different than buildings. MoteOverhead should do the trick I guess

jacob814

Is there documentation for this? I thought there was only one other for power conduits.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

kaptain_kavern

The closest things I got for documentation is milon's AutoDocumentation. Else I'm mostly running search throughout the whole Core/Defs folder (CTRL + SHIFT + F with most advanced text editors) with the tag I want to investigate.

But I used MoteOverhead with ceiling lamps with success already in my Storage mod (see the code here)

DDRMANIAC007

Quote from: jacob814 on June 16, 2017, 10:22:45 AM
Should be along the top of the researchs. Give me a screenshot if you still can't find it.
This is a screenshot with only core and your mod enabled. I still didn't find it anywhere.

Not sure what you mean by top of the researchs. The game changed to a tree based system with the ability to add new tabs. Here's a screenshot with all my mods enabled.

jacob814

@DDRMANIAC007 This is strange and I will look into it sometime tomorrow as I have been quite busy recently. This is a really big issue so I'm surprised this is happening and no one has said anything till now. Make sure everything is correct on your end please.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

ololo86

i think it would be interesting if the outdoor light(sunlight) went through the glass wall .. what do you think about this idea? :)

Tanelorn

In my opinion the tech requirements are too high for basic glass. Glassworks go back to classical times. Tribal starts could really use glass material to be available before industrial tech.

In addition, this mod has solved the problem of windows allowing in outdoor light: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=939878084

Snowie

Can confirm, I can't find the research for this mod either. Also get an error when starting up saying that the version is wrong.

JudPaps

@DDRMANIAC007, here's you should do

1.Open your Mods folder
2.Open Glass_N_Lights-17.1
3. Inside should be another folder called Glass&Lights and a readme
4. Move the said folder in no. 3 into the mods folder
5. Delete the said folder in no. 2
6. Done!
Sorry if my english is quite confusing i'm Filipino.

OldHouse