[A13] A Dog Said... - Core friendly animal surgery (11-04-16)

Started by Latta, September 09, 2015, 12:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KelixKatz

Quote from: Lady Wolf on June 30, 2016, 10:27:08 PM
Quote from: KelixKatz on June 30, 2016, 07:55:13 AM
Yes, i just read Lattas post where she said ASA wouldnt be needed anymore but.... i cant do anything but Euthanize my cat, the mod seems to only work on this save on a world before i got the mod. it seems that its not working in my new game.

Unless you have some animal bionics/surrogate organs, or whatnot in one of your stockpiles you won't see any other option under the operations tab but euthanize afaik. For the surgical options to appear you need to have the relevant part in a stock pile. (and in the case of brain surgery the relevant research done.)

actually you can give animals peg legs :P

KelixKatz

Quote from: skullywag on June 30, 2016, 11:56:11 AM
Can you post your output.log here after starting the game up.
after playing the game a pit, i think its only the cats that are the problem, all the other animals i checked were able to have peg leg surgery

Lady Wolf

Quote from: KelixKatz on July 01, 2016, 01:37:30 AM

[/quote]

Oh nice, I'd assumed you have to craft them from the rudimentary prosthetic bench, same as you did for people.

KelixKatz

Quote from: Lady Wolf on July 01, 2016, 08:30:42 AM

Oh nice, I'd assumed you have to craft them from the rudimentary prosthetic bench, same as you did for people.

[/quote]

prothstetics bench? im sorry, but i researched everything in one game, and i never seen such a thing

Dynastiew

kaptain_kavern

I'm currently updating DESurgeries to A14, as well as compiling a up to date compatible mod list.

If this one don't be update and if Latta (the original modder) is ok with it maybe i can try to, as i'm pretty sure i will do it for myself ;)

DepOpt

Quote from: KelixKatz on July 01, 2016, 11:45:42 AM
Quote from: Lady Wolf on July 01, 2016, 08:30:42 AM

prothstetics bench? im sorry, but i researched everything in one game, and i never seen such a thing
[/quote]

I assume Lady Wolf is using the EPOE mod. Also, wouldn't updating this merely be a case of adding the new animals to the lists?
Ignore this notice

Nattiejim

I took some time to get the mod compatible with the new update's animals: Updated mod

@Latta: If you do decide to update the mod, and you do not want my update here, just ask - I can remove it on request.

Hello there! | Creator of the Balancing Act mod

Latta

It's okay at all, I already said that I won't update animal surgery related mods.

Nattiejim

Quote from: Latta on July 19, 2016, 04:58:12 PM
It's okay at all, I already said that I won't update animal surgery related mods.
All right. Would it be okay if I picked up the mod's development, seeing how it's no longer being developed, including making a new thread? Thank you for your response!

Prismaa

witchyspoon

@Nattiejim I just looked the file over and the line for <li>Ibex<li> <--- is not closed (in every list)
also maybe change the line for target version to 0.14.1238 not alpha 14 :)

edit: ok I just checked even with those changes it still throws errors for body parts...:(

Latta

Quote from: Nattiejim on July 19, 2016, 05:01:51 PM
All right. Would it be okay if I picked up the mod's development, seeing how it's no longer being developed, including making a new thread? Thank you for your response!

Yes, you need to make a new thread. Just leave me a credit.

witchyspoon

@Nattiejim I got it to work without any errors so far so good, but seems you forgot to add the cats and ostrich at least not sure yet if anything else is missing :)

Nattiejim

Quote from: Latta on July 19, 2016, 05:25:07 PM
Yes, you need to make a new thread. Just leave me a credit.
Will do! Thank you for your permission!

Quote from: spoonshortage on July 19, 2016, 06:13:19 PM
@Nattiejim I got it to work without any errors so far so good, but seems you forgot to add the cats and ostrich at least not sure yet if anything else is missing :)
Great! I did forget about the ostrich & the cats - I can work that in soon. Also, I fixed the errors you reported. Thanks!

Edit: New thread is up!