[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Only 90 mods  and 10 mins ?
You have either a very old mashine from last century, some mods with real heavy researches or these mod got some strange research that research tree need to calculate that much.

Kiame

Quote from: Rambus200 on November 13, 2018, 01:52:23 AM
What's the average time for the reducing crossings for the research tree mod? Mine is taking like 10 mins to load?

Keep in mind i have like 90 mods in total. Has anyone found a mod that increases the loading time for the Fluffy's research tree? Or even better a feature that saves the current topography of the research tree so it doesn't have to keep initializing the same tree organizing algorithm?

Thanks if someone can help! 8)

If you want to see what's taking so long to load you can enable Verbose Logging in the game's options then restart the game. In the logs one of the messages will read something like

--THread2---
123 ms LoadAllPlayData

if you select that you can scroll down and see how long each mod takes to load in milliseconds

JT

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on November 12, 2018, 05:52:31 AM
@Canute, JT: yeah, I missed something which means the bug still occurs. I know this, and even flagged it for myself, and then completely forgot to actually do something about it. Sorry!

Just wanted to confirm that the latest release did indeed solve it.  Many thanks!

Rambus200

Quote from: Kiame on November 13, 2018, 02:46:05 AM
What's the average time for the reducing crossings for the research tree mod? Mine is taking like 10 mins to load?

Keep in mind i have like 90 mods in total. Has anyone found a mod that increases the loading time for the Fluffy's research tree? Or even better a feature that saves the current topography of the research tree so it doesn't have to keep initializing the same tree organizing algorithm?

If you want to see what's taking so long to load you can enable Verbose Logging in the game's options then restart the game. In the logs one of the messages will read something like

--THread2---
123 ms LoadAllPlayData

if you select that you can scroll down and see how long each mod takes to load in milliseconds

So i tried looking for the time loading the tech tree, but the only time output i get is for is for loading the save file instead of loading the tech tree layout.

However i do get an error output when i load the techtree which i get here shown below. I don't believe it is that useful, but one of the rimworlders here might have encountered something similar. 

Exception from long event: System.Exception: Can't swap nodes on different layers
  at FluffyResearchTree.Tree.Swap (FluffyResearchTree.Node A, FluffyResearchTree.Node B) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FluffyResearchTree.Tree.EdgeLengthSweep_Local_Layer (Int32 l, Boolean in) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FluffyResearchTree.Tree.EdgeLengthSweep_Local (Int32 iteration) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FluffyResearchTree.Tree.MinimizeEdgeLength () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (System.Boolean& sceneChanged) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Canute

Flufffy,
i just want thank you, latest version of ModManger don't give out any error messages.

Codexehow

You beautiful person! Favorites seem to be working, and they're much faster than before.

Kassidoo

Hi, I'm really missing the workflow manager from the earlier versions.
Now that the game is released, and wont have as many mod breaking updates, is there plans to reintroduce it? It made managing stuff easier :p

koviack

how difficult would it be to set the floors so they only show what materials u have instead of a list of every material possible. for example workbenches, bridges, walls etc only give you a list of currently buildable materials you possess. the stuffed floors gives you a huge list of woods from NPS/expanded woodworking that u might not ever even come across in your biome

[attachment deleted due to age]

JT

Quote from: koviack on November 25, 2018, 09:14:40 PM
how difficult would it be to set the floors so they only show what materials u have instead of a list of every material possible. for example workbenches, bridges, walls etc only give you a list of currently buildable materials you possess. the stuffed floors gives you a huge list of woods from NPS/expanded woodworking that u might not ever even come across in your biome

Very difficult.  Currently the way that Stuffed Floors works is by creating a "DesignatorDropdownGroupDef" dynamically at runtime, and assigning into that designation category all of the various dynamically-created stuffed floor types (i.e., they're "individual objects with specific recipes all put into the same group", rather than "a single object with a stuff selector").  This uses base engine behaviour to display the items; to make things behave like actual stuffed items, Fluffy would literally have to rewrite that engine behaviour.

Now, it might theoretically be possible to use the "menuHidden" parameter on defs and dynamically change that at runtime; that part's doable even without any transpiled code whatsoever -- it'd only take a little bit of runtime Reflection.  But that would then produce an awkward circumstance: if you didn't have any of the stuff necessary to build any of the possible items, then the group wouldn't even show up in the Architect menu.  That's unlike the default behaviour which still shows the item but gives you an error when you click on it if you have no possible ingredients (e.g., like trying to build a dynamic relaxation chair without any cloth or leather).   To fix that... Fluffy would literally have to rewrite that engine behaviour.

In other words, no matter which way you look at it, Fluffy would have to detour/transpile the Architect menu.  Assuming that wasn't a Bad Idea™ with the capital letters and trademark symbol when it comes to mod compatibility, it's also work intensive. =)

Rambus200

Quote from: Kiame on November 13, 2018, 02:46:05 AM

--THread2---
123 ms LoadAllPlayData

For those that are afflicted by long loading times when first entering the Fluffies research screen. Apparently Technology Blueprints mod causes this to happen; at least in my case it was the cause.

Merudo

For the mod Work Tab 'v3.8.283, in the Drug Making part of the tab it shows Crafting to be the skills used at a Drug Lab.

However, I've heard Research is the skill actually used instead. Is that the case?

Jiro

@Fluffy ModManager's latest release creates a harmony.log.txt on the desktop when RimWorld is started. Is this intentional?

Kyna Tiona

I feel a bit dumb. I decided to get back into RimWorld, so of course the first thing I do is download the current versions of Psychology, Hugslib, and literally everything Fluffy. I went to change Psychology's mod settings, and saw no cog icon on the mod manager. I wasted a quarter hour thinking it was the mod, then another thinking it was the mod manager, before finally discovering that it's just set up differently and only shows up in Options->Mod Settings. >_<

I noticed when I went to the Mod Settings menu that your mods pop up with their own dialog window, rather than other mods just opening a drop-down. I'm assuming that represents two distinctly different ways of handling mod settings' UI, and your mod manager can only see one of them?

Flimflamshabam

I just hopped back in the deep end, using colony manager and I wanted to have hunters go hunting for Hides moreso than meat, but its only got filters for meat. Love the mods btw!

togfox

PSA: Colony manager is not compatible with the multiplayer mod.

That is all. Thanks.  :)