[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: wwWraith on December 27, 2017, 09:21:30 AM
I'm using it but didn't test thoroughly :) Looks like these features could be useful, but the one that I really dream of would be the ability to clear areas from any plants that give cover. And probably the second for plants that reduce movement speed (the later could be done manually with MarvinKosh's Weed Cutter). It would be so great for managing areas near our defense lines...

You know there is allready a clear cut option under the woodcutting section ?

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 27, 2017, 04:29:17 AM
Btw, has anyone tried the pre-release version of Colony Manager yet? It's got some new features, and I'm curious to hear what you guys think. You'll need to get it through the release page, as the direct download links to the latest 'stable' release.

I love the new filter options of the manager. QoL to the Max.
I still research the  power tab, so I know nothing about that and I am afraid of the pathfinding options.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

wwWraith

Quote from: SpaceDorf on December 27, 2017, 01:04:10 PM
Quote from: wwWraith on December 27, 2017, 09:21:30 AM
I'm using it but didn't test thoroughly :) Looks like these features could be useful, but the one that I really dream of would be the ability to clear areas from any plants that give cover. And probably the second for plants that reduce movement speed (the later could be done manually with MarvinKosh's Weed Cutter). It would be so great for managing areas near our defense lines...

You know there is allready a clear cut option under the woodcutting section ?

Yes, but it designates all grass to be cut so it would take a way more time for useless work
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Fluffy (l2032)

Yeah, I'm going to be refactoring the clear areas job a bit. I was just going to make it stop cut grass, but after these comments it seems like a better idea to do a full plant list, and provide some shortcuts for 'cover', 'speed' and 'wind' respectively.

Glad to hear the other shortcuts are appreciated.

@SpaceDorf; you say you're afraid of the pathfinding options, could you explain why? I'd like to know if there's changes I can make in how I present them to make them less scary.

In terms of performance, most of the pathfinding checks aren't all that bad. The reachability check can be very painful if there are targets that are not reachable, particularly for multiple targets and large amounts of colonists. The algorithm there basically tries to create a path from a pawn to the target, and keeps going for each pawn until a path is found, or no pawn can reach the target. If no path is possible, that can cause freezes (hiccups), and I suspect this is the cause for the hiccups some people have had in the past.

Have you guys tried the mining tab?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 28, 2017, 03:16:57 AM
@SpaceDorf; you say you're afraid of the pathfinding options, could you explain why? I'd like to know if there's changes I can make in how I present them to make them less scary.

I am afraid of the performance.
I have a really old PC, and most Better Pathfinding Mods or Psychology really kill my fps.

I have not tried the mining tab yet, because my Moutain Base produces to much ressources anyway.

Sarge

I just had a look at the mining tab. I'm sorry but it's just not that obvious to me, in fact, I have no idea how it works or what it's supposed to do or even what the options mean.

Care to explain a little?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SpaceDorf on December 28, 2017, 12:06:09 PM
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 28, 2017, 03:16:57 AM

I am afraid of the performance.
I have a really old PC, and most Better Pathfinding Mods or Psychology really kill my fps.

I have not tried the mining tab yet, because my Moutain Base produces to much ressources anyway.

Not to derail the thread, but I'm in a similar situation as you Spacedorf, and my mountain base is starting to run quite poorly. I've though about deactivating some mods. What do you guys think are the most resource intensive mods, any in particular or specific types?

Enigmatic

I keep getting this error whenever I attempt to use any of the stuffed floors floors

Could not load type 'Verse.MessageSound' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.17.6362.34601, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (IEnumerable`1 gizmos, Single startX, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ArchitectCategoryTab.DesignationTabOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Architect.ExtraOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.WindowStack.WindowStackOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The tile wont let me click no it or anything. Its simply unresponsive. The tiles with a white plus in the upper corner which I assume to be those from stuffed floors all are unresponsive an give that error. I'm using beauty floors and removed T's floors already. Using expanded woodworking as well.

Lost_God

Dear Fluffy, is there a some way to use only 9 priority levels without everything else? It s just too much for me(

Canute

Quote from: Enigmatic on December 29, 2017, 05:07:31 PM
I keep getting this error whenever I attempt to use any of the stuffed floors floors

Could not load type 'Verse.MessageSound' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.17.6362.34601, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
What version of Rimworld do you play, i think this assembly is compiled for A17.
And what mod version did you download? 

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Harry_Dicks link=topic=16120.msg388360#msg388360

Not to derail the thread, but I'm in a similar situation as you Spacedorf, and my mountain base is starting to run quite poorly. I've though about deactivating some mods. What do you guys think are the most resource intensive mods, any in particular or specific types?

The type is hard to say.
Depends on the amount of additional calculations.

Pathfinding and pawn decission making is the most expensive.

Followed by GUI updating, lighting calculations and other Weather effects.

Number of Pawns is important as is number of factions and mapsize.

Items and Buildings are the least, though the operations list gets really slow if there are to many options, because it is generated in real time as well. The same goes for raid generation. It can cause slowdown when there are to many equipment options for the raiders.

You can reduce some of that by using RuntimeGC.

CannibarRechter

The thing that will, bar none, really wreck game performance is repeated suppressed errors going to the log (i.e., numerous errors per second). If you have those, you are done.

To improve the performance for your game the most, play the game ... from the start... with Make War Not Love. Applying it after the game start will also help, but not as much.

RuntimeGC will help also, but not nearly as much as Make War Not Love.

CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

SpaceDorf

Quote from: CannibarRechter on December 30, 2017, 07:34:59 AM
The thing that will, bar none, really wreck game performance is repeated suppressed errors going to the log (i.e., numerous errors per second). If you have those, you are done.

To improve the performance for your game the most, play the game ... from the start... with Make War Not Love. Applying it after the game start will also help, but not as much.

RuntimeGC will help also, but not nearly as much as Make War Not Love.

Good Idea. If you get errors you'll notice.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Enigmatic on December 29, 2017, 05:07:31 PM

at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (IEnumerable`1 gizmos, Single startX, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ArchitectCategoryTab.DesignationTabOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Architect.ExtraOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.WindowStack.WindowStackOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The tile wont let me click no it or anything. Its simply unresponsive. The tiles with a white plus in the upper corner which I assume to be those from stuffed floors all are unresponsive an give that error. I'm using beauty floors and removed T's floors already. Using expanded woodworking as well.
You're using the B18 version in an A17 game, or vice versa.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Lost_God on December 30, 2017, 03:42:19 AM
Dear Fluffy, is there a some way to use only 9 priority levels without everything else? It s just too much for me(
Yeah, just not use the other options? I hardly ever use detailed or timed priorities myself, except for some special cases. It's really nice having the option to have one pawn butcher before cooking, only do simple med operations, etc., but you really don't want to have to set all the priorities in detailed mode.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 30, 2017, 09:07:23 AM
Quote from: Lost_God on December 30, 2017, 03:42:19 AM
Yeah, just not use the other options? I hardly ever use detailed or timed priorities myself, except for some special cases. It's really nice having the option to have one pawn butcher before cooking, only do simple med operations, etc., but you really don't want to have to set all the priorities in detailed mode.

Also I'm still building my own personal version of RimWorld with mods, up to over 230 now. As I keep adding mods, the WorkTab mod makes it easy to see what new work types get added by mods. I still have so much to get around to checking out, like Colony Manager. All of Fluffy's mods are seriously on a whole'nother level. I'm not a programmer or anything, but I can only imagine that someone such as him must be very talented and dedicated to their craft, as is evidenced by the superb quality and professional look of his work.