Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gloryhound84

Here is a few things i would like to see ramparts on walls, tower defences, wall mounted turrets and gateways for walls. I think this would make your base feel more like a protected community.

giannikampa

More opportunities like the stash or the outpost:

- "Erase my Hive": pops randomly in the world, generates a mountanous quest map, craks some caves in mountains connected to outdoor, spawn many "infestation" incident. You have to kill all. Profit.

- "Huntable fest": you get a message that in an area nearby many peaceful animals assembled together. once you enter, quest map is generated, much more fauna than standard, forces you to leave as actual quest maps do when quest is completed. You have to grab the most you can. Profit.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

TarTarTim

Field Medicine.

I've had multiple escape pod residents die as a result of not getting to the base and to a bed for treatment. Perhaps field medicine could have a fraction of the effectiveness of hospital treatment.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: TarTarTim on July 23, 2017, 09:24:29 AM
Field Medicine.

I've had multiple escape pod residents die as a result of not getting to the base and to a bed for treatment. Perhaps field medicine could have a fraction of the effectiveness of hospital treatment.

allready in, just have to micro  :-*

put a sleeping spot and a stockpile next to the patient,
set the sleeping spot to medical , you replace a bed ..
set the stockpile for the medicine you want to use and as critical.
send your doc to rescue ( or place the bed )
and another pawn to haul medicine.

instant field hospital.
for less infections have the second pawn clean the area around the bed.

after the treatment remove the bed and capture/rescue the pawn
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

asanbr

Hotkey for the beauty toggle

Hotkey for the character skill sheet

Hotkey for the character needs sheet

Hotkey to cycle through tame animals same as we van with colonists (but different key, dont mix them

Overview sheet to show all skill levels for all colonists in a simple table

Nefilhiem

Smooth stone walls (Rock walls inside mountains but smooth like smooth rock floors)

AileTheAlien

Cheap idea 1: use the randomly-generated buildings from raider encounters in the starting map. e.g. Sometimes raiders have a bedroom, or a kitchen/eating area. This would be cool to start the game with. (Partially degraded/damaged/unroofed would probably be best for balance.)

Cheap idea 2: Add a checkbox in the scenario editor, for furniture to start "installed". (Or in a building, if the above were in the game.) Would allow you to make scenarios with, for example, a huge area filled with billiards tables and televisions.

giannikampa

Until they leave, visitors from friendlies will do random jobs to help you using the current tamed animals behaviour. They'll do any of the non skilled jobs (woodcut, haul, clean and so on).
Each time a help job is performed your relation will drop by one but it won't go lower than 80. Under 80 relation no help job is performed.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

jamaicancastle

Quote from: AileTheAlien on July 24, 2017, 09:41:55 AM
Cheap idea 1: use the randomly-generated buildings from raider encounters in the starting map. e.g. Sometimes raiders have a bedroom, or a kitchen/eating area. This would be cool to start the game with. (Partially degraded/damaged/unroofed would probably be best for balance.)

Cheap idea 2: Add a checkbox in the scenario editor, for furniture to start "installed". (Or in a building, if the above were in the game.) Would allow you to make scenarios with, for example, a huge area filled with billiards tables and televisions.
I wouldn't put these in the default scenario, but it would be an interesting scenario editor option to start your initial map with one or more settlement building steps, the same way you can start with resources or whatever else scattered.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: giannikampa on July 24, 2017, 11:03:14 AM
Until they leave, visitors from friendlies will do random jobs to help you using the current tamed animals behaviour. They'll do any of the non skilled jobs (woodcut, haul, clean and so on).
Each time a help job is performed your relation will drop by one but it won't go lower than 80. Under 80 relation no help job is performed.

Sounds awesome .. get those lazy pricks to work.

Expectation Mood according to colony size ( like colonists themselves )
Other Relation Modificators :
+/- Bonus for Meals Consumed ( negative for own food or nutrient paste, positive the better the meal )
+/- For Accomodation ( slept outside, slept in cold, had good bed, got some lovin' .. had a shotgun wedding ..  )

JimmyAgnt007

An option to export the whole game map at the highest resolution.  So I can show off my bases without tedious copy and paste.  Just without stack quantity labels and such.

Echoingmoon

I'd like to see some more circuitry style stuff, mostly a sensor* but a timer would be cool too.

(*Like the power switch, but automatically turns on/off when a person/animal is within range)

SpaceDorf

I would love multiple strands of conduits which are only connected to each other at junction boxes, so I can supply different buildings with different strands that still run through the same walls and can cross each other.
( light only at night, machines shutdown in case of attack, weapons started )

cosmic alpaca

a new trait: hasty: +10% global work speed, +0,25 movement speed, +1% global fail chance
please, do not ask about my user name and profile pic

FoxXeL

Trade ships fequency is measured on the wealth of the colony:

The wealthier you are, the more trade ships will arrive. Makes sense for me.