[B19] Area Rugs

Started by Fisty, April 10, 2016, 11:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisty

Trying to get a thumbnail image to display on the workshop..  if anyone knows how to do this for an existing mod please let me know.  Google hath failed me.

dismar

Quote from: Fisty on July 21, 2016, 12:38:14 PM
Trying to get a thumbnail image to display on the workshop..  if anyone knows how to do this for an existing mod please let me know.  Google hath failed me.

just make a preview.png in the About folder. update your mod. should be there.

Fisty

I had Preview.jpg not preview.png.   Now to figure out how to updated it..   ^.-

Edit - Yay, that worked.  Thanks a bunch!!

dismar

Quote from: Fisty on July 25, 2016, 09:21:22 PM
Thanks!  I had Preview.jpg not preview.png.   Now to figure out how to updated it..   ^.-

same way you upload the mod. dev mode then upload to workshop!

MMAciek

Stand among the millions of dead souls and ask them if they honor means something. Silence will be your answer.

Thundercraft

Nice mod. I just thought that I'd mention a couple of things:

(1) The latest version seems to the one released on Steam on August 12 as it has the following changes:
QuoteUpdate 12 August 2016 (will not break saves)
- Added a recipe to the dye table to bleach the colored cloth back to default so it can be used in carpet and other building. (and stacks nicer in the stockpile).
- Put the dyed cloth into its own subcatagory under cloth (not a big change but makes the inventory display and ingredient lists cleaner.)
- If you are using Fluffy's work manager you will get an error about workgiver database error, resetting priorities or some such for every colonist, it's safe to ignore it just has to get itself back up to speed after the change

However, the version on Nexus as linked in the OP has a release date of 21 July 2016. And it does not have the above features and changes listed. Confusingly, though, both versions are called "version 1.04"...  ???

(2) A comment on Steam claims:
Quotethis mod work fine on A15, you can change target version in About.xml to 0.15.1284 so it would not show version error at start

Please, when you have the time, update the target version. And please consider updating the release on Nexus with the ability to bleach the colored cloth back to default and other changes, to match the release on Steam.

Fisty

Updated!  A12-16 on Nexus and 14 and 16 on the Workshop.

asquirrel

Tanks man!! Another one of my must have mods updated!:)

Fisty

Woman. The man was snugly sleeping when I did that.  ;D
Though he did double check on a bug I found yesterday.. if you don't set artistic skill required on a bill higher than 0 any pawn can and will do the rug crafting even if they aren't assigned to art.  However, it's also like that with the vanilla sculpting table.  So it's either something that was changed by one of the other mod's I'm using (unlikely) or a bug in the core game for A16 (likely), cause I didn't have that problem in any of the other versions.

So anyway, make sure to set those minimum skill requirements at the sculpting and rug making tables or you'll get a whole lot of awful and shoddy home decor items.

Fisty

So apparently the dyed cloth weighed 1kg a piece when taken on caravan.. fixed.  New version on Nexus and Workshop.

Fisty

Another update, this time to fix rugs not being able to be sold to traders.

Ruisuki

Curious as to how this interacts with T's "more cloth" mod since that changes cloth to be farmed into fibers and then made into actual cloth via workbench. Would it then be possible to dye it with this mods bench? Also are there any problems running this mid save, or uninstalling it temporarily should a problem arise?

Im planning on running FashionRIMsta. What determines whether colonists wear dyed clothing from this mod, or clothes native to other clothing mods like apparello? Can other apparel mod clothing be dyed? Safe to assume both can coexist like hair mods can?

Last question do rugs have any impact on cleanliness? I wouldn't want something as OP as the carpet dirt absorber but just wondering if it has a slight impact? Sorry lots of questions I know

Tammabanana

Quote from: Fisty on December 30, 2016, 11:32:14 AM
Woman. The man was snugly sleeping when I did that.  ;D
Though he did double check on a bug I found yesterday.. if you don't set artistic skill required on a bill higher than 0 any pawn can and will do the rug crafting even if they aren't assigned to art.  However, it's also like that with the vanilla sculpting table.  So it's either something that was changed by one of the other mod's I'm using (unlikely) or a bug in the core game for A16 (likely), cause I didn't have that problem in any of the other versions.

So anyway, make sure to set those minimum skill requirements at the sculpting and rug making tables or you'll get a whole lot of awful and shoddy home decor items.

For the bug: I've seen that happen when I tried to add a butchery workgiver, requiring Cooking, to the Crafting Spot, which of course primarily uses Crafting recipes. My #1 cook insisted upon doing all the crafting spot bills instead of whatever I'd set her to as her next job after cooking, even when I hadn't assigned her to crafting.

So, maybe check to see if there's a non-Art Workgiver somewhere doing something to those tables? I would bet that the pawns who are buggily making rugs are assigned to that non-Art job.

(Also, I love these rugs, and the XML-only cloth dying; thank you.)
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Fisty

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 05, 2017, 07:14:10 AM
Curious as to how this interacts with T's "more cloth" mod since that changes cloth to be farmed into fibers and then made into actual cloth via workbench. Would it then be possible to dye it with this mods bench?

As long as the result from T's mod is the same cloth (which it should be or you wouldn't be able to use it in the vanilla recipes that use cloth) it'll work fine.  I use it with Vegetable Garden which does the same thing.

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 05, 2017, 07:14:10 AMAlso are there any problems running this mid save, or uninstalling it temporarily should a problem arise?

It's an entirely xml based mod so it shouldn't break your game, however I don't know what it would do if you have colored cloth or clothes using it in you base or on your people, so best to bleach any cloth you have laying around and sell off any clothes or rugs, make sure you don't have a trader caravan or ship at your base carrying stuff using it at the time, etc.

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 05, 2017, 07:14:10 AMIm planning on running FashionRIMsta. What determines whether colonists wear dyed clothing from this mod, or clothes native to other clothing mods like apparello? Can other apparel mod clothing be dyed? Safe to assume both can coexist like hair mods can?

The died cloth is defined the same as regular cloth, wool(s), hyperweave, etc.. so any recipe that uses the cloth type will automatically have the ability to use the colored cloth.  In other words, unless Apparello is coded very strangely it should work fine.  If you want to check for sure, try to craft something from Apparello that uses cloth, like overalls (? trying to remember from when I used it a few alphas ago) if it has muffalo wool, cloth, and devilstrand cloth (and all the other cloth types) listed as possible ingredients then it'll automatically use the dyed cloth.

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 05, 2017, 07:14:10 AMLast question do rugs have any impact on cleanliness? I wouldn't want something as OP as the carpet dirt absorber but just wondering if it has a slight impact? Sorry lots of questions I know

No, there is a door mat mod that does that, I didn't want to make hers(his?) obsolete.  I use both mods together.  Plus I think it would be OP, I don't know about you but the carpeted areas of our apartment get just as nasty as the tiled areas.  LOL
Edit: just read your question again more closely.. the rugs do have beauty like furniture or sculpture so they can be somewhat OP in that regard since they can be placed under other things, sculptures at least you have to make room for.  If you want to have minimal impact on your game just have someone with kinda crappy artistic skill craft them and place the ones with minimal beauty impact.  (though the ones that are really good quality and really beautiful are worth a lot so they add to the raid difficulty you get, so that part balances out a bit)

Ruisuki

Ah I dont know what happened to my reply but its not here. *sigh* Well I just wanted to say thank you for the thorough reply fisty. Ill be running this mod with apparello and fashionrim seeing as they both use vanilla cloth. I think its worth it for the dye station alone.