[1.0] SeedsPlease!

Started by notfood, August 16, 2016, 01:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

I've heard about it before. I don't know what could it be. I get a ton of xp because it's doubled. There isn't much room for mistakes here:

https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-SeedsPlease/blob/master/Source/JobDriver_PlantWorkWithSeeds.cs#L45

Canute

modderei53,
try to move seedsPlease at the end of the modlist.
Maybe some other mod modify the harvesting.
Does you use Fertile field maybe, since FF got soil degrade on harvest i could imagine that it may conflict with others.

modderei53

Deactivated all mods except Seeds Please and started a new game, nothing.

I'm clueless

temple_wing

Please auto-disable mushroom seeds if it's harvested by wild man. Or at least provide a menu option to disable it.

ksaturn

I am also having this problem with Seeds Please. First I moved it to the end of the mod list, which did nothing. Then I removed it, which allowed me to then gain XP from harvesting.

notfood

It's been reported to me before, but I don't know what could be causing the missing xp. In my games it runs fine, the xp is doubled as usual.

ksaturn

I am running Rimworld 1.0.2150 on macOS Mojave (10.14.4)

To make sure I updated SeedsPlease 1.0.1.2 from 1.0.1.0. I loaded only SeedsPlease after core.

I get this in my log:
Malformed (correct format is Major.Minor) version string on mod SeedsPlease from notfood "1.0.0" - parsed as "1.0"

Nothing else in the (verbose) log mentions seeds please except load times and image cleaning.

Interestingly, I found that planting corn and poplar seeds provided xp, but harvesting corn, trees and berry bushes did not.

I've looked at your code sample and the pawn definition in a save file, but I'm just getting started with Rimworld code. Knowing nothing else about what your code is plugging into, L14 of JobDriver_PlantCutWithSeeds.cs looks suspicious.

`xpPerTick = 0f;`

https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-SeedsPlease/blob/e1c5a15572558a3154fda605d8a7a9218c937c1a/Source/JobDriver_PlantCutWithSeeds.cs#L14

I poked around with a hex editor but it looks like I need to get set up with something that can decompile the dlls to get any further with local testing.

Canute

QuoteTo make sure I updated SeedsPlease 1.0.1.2 from 1.0.1.0. I loaded only SeedsPlease after core.
Is Seed's please is the only mod you are using ?
Did you just test it out on a new colony, add hugslib and use the quickstart feature (Dev mode on, the top right icon) to create fast a test colony.
Setup a growing zone, use dev tools to pass 1-2 days until the plants are mature.
But i bet when they harvest they get XP.

So it is the fault of some other mod which might change the jobdriver.
Try SeedsPlease at last at the modlist with your colony, check if that change something.
Maybe a logfile made with hugslib (Share logs button at the logwindow) that provide modlist and patches, maybe there is something to see.

Iver

notfood

@ksaturn

That says, if it has seeds and it can yield now, grant xp, otherwise not. It's the same in vanilla except it doesn't test for seeds.

ksaturn

I've been determining xp gain by hovering over the plants skill while they are working and watching to see if the number changes. With only core it does while cutting trees or harvesting. With SeedsPlease I only get xp from planting.

@Canute

As stated, it was the only mod, Core+SeedsPlease, in that order. I created a new colony with this modlist through the normal means, not quickstart. I grew up the plants instantly using debug actions (which is a little graphically weird). As stated, when harvesting corn I got 0 xp. When planting corn however I did get xp. As far as I can tell no harvesting/cutting gives xp for me with the mod enabled, period. No other mod is at fault unless just being in the folder and not loaded by the modlist can affect the jobdrivers.

I will repeat with an otherwise empty Mods folder, Hugslib and quickstart when I have a chance.

@notfood

Sounds like that isn't the problem. By what you are saying, even if that was getting triggered inappropriately the core logic xp should still be happening. The xp for both Core and SeedsPlease logic is missing for plant cutting, so something in the mod is disrupting/preventing the Core seed xp logic too (on my system).

ksaturn

I ran it without anything else in the Mods folder except Core+HugsLib+SeedsPlease. I used `open /Applications/RimWorld2150Mac.app/ --args -quicktest` which worked as expected, like -quicktest on Windows.

It dropped me into a desert. There was a little soil, and I was able to plant daylilys there. This granted xp. I tried cutting a Saguro Cactus, and that provided 0 xp.

I spawned potato seeds and planted them (granting xp). I used 'T: Finsh plant growth' on them and harvested them, granting 0 xp. The first one dropped 11 potatoes and 1 potato seed.

Here is the gist from HugsLib, but I didn't see anything too interesting.
https://git.io/fjGwe

RicRider

Ksaturn I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that you are running on a Mac. I'm running on a Mac and I have exactly the same issue. One of the first things I did when the last version of the game was released was download a fresh copy with a fresh config and install nothing but SeedsPlease. Same issue, no xp from plants.

I've noticed this in other games too. For instance, when I run the "Overhaul" mod for the game Terraria many of the enemies do only 1 damage and all my ranged attacks do one damage. Many Mac users are reporting the same thing.

I might be taking a wild guess in the dark here but it could have something to do with dlls not playing nicely on anything but Windows, or permission issues with things not being able to write to folders in the right place on Mac... or anything. I don't know.

Notfood does your mod use anything that could be playing badly with other operating systems than Windows?
##Coding Scrub##

ksaturn

Now I know I can get experience by planting. Planting requires rare, valuable seeds. As a difficulty boosting mod, this is really working, lol.

I suspect it's a Mac thing too. It's surprising so many things DO work here, and odd this one doesn't. I have a lot of mods installed.

If you don't have access to a mac to test this problem on it could be tricky, but changing how you do it (but ultimately doing the same thing) might dodge the problem. I'd be happen to test run an assembly now and then.

RicRider

I must admit for a long time I didn't even know that this was a bug, Ksaturn. I thought it was a feature on this mod! In fact I got so used to it it doesn't really bother me. It's not really game breaking, it just makes things more challenging. Hehe. It's not going to stop me using SeedsPlease!

@notfood perhaps a workaround for this would be to add some controls in the options setting for SeedsPlease to allow players to set the level of experience they want to get from planting, harvesting, etc. By doing this process you might find what's causing the issue because it would let you see the code that manipulates the core files and possibly figure out whether it works differently on different operating systems.
##Coding Scrub##