[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

Quote from: Dronmk2 on April 09, 2017, 04:11:56 PM
Is there any new information?
When is beta expected?
You can watch his progress in https://www.twitch.tv/dubwise56
In the last broadcast he made a 2 MW setup, there are a few stuff needed to be worked on and polished, but i find him hesitant about releasing it for A16, because apparently, A17 might be lurking close.

Dubwise

Quote from: Dronmk2 on April 09, 2017, 04:11:56 PM
Is there any new information?
When is beta expected?

I have mostly been doing bug and performance fixes that affect this mars and hygiene. since they all share a lot of stuff like the pipes. Once i have this last performance issue sorted out i still need to finish writing up all the text strings for the custom research and doing the research steps for stuff like launching missiles and nukes, and i have to code in the upgrade stages and upgrade job drivers for all the buildings. The way it works is you buy an upgrade chip and go through research steps and data gathering, then a button appears on that building type to perform the upgrade, or any new buildings start with that upgrade level, the kinds of upgrades would be like increasing the capacity on cooling systems, or increasing the max power output on the turbine, so that you can keep expanding and upgrading without needing to just add more cores

patrck269

Hello,
I was wondering if you had an idea when the beta would be released?

bonmar14

On a scale of 1 to 10 hows the bug fixing on the mod is going?

Vaperius

Quote from: dubwise56 on February 26, 2017, 08:50:02 PM
Not long now

Here you can see the new energy weapons powered by a group of reactors. You get a tesla coil which arc's to anything that comes within its short range, An obelisk which fires a precise laser at medium to long ranges. And the rail gun which fires cheap to make sabot rounds at 3x the speed of a morter, at extreme range for striking targets in the local map, or other maps in the world.

All 3 weapons require the pulsed power capacitors shown just below the turbines, these behave like super efficient high capacity batteries, but will rapidly dissipate all their energy if the connected power rate falls below 0. Each weapon has a percentage adjustment for the maximum range and damage power, and the size of the pulse required by each shot is decided by the range to the target and damage %

I spy command and conquer references.
I remain Vigilant.

Headshotkill

Would be cool to have some energy cells that you add to your spaceship depending on the number of pods you add and have to charge with a ludicrous amount of energy, would make building the spaceship a bit more interesting and balance out the difficulty between walking to the spaceship on the planet or building it yourself.

But I like pew pew lasers too! 8)

bob112

Quote from: Vaperius on April 28, 2017, 02:52:42 AM
Quote from: dubwise56 on February 26, 2017, 08:50:02 PM
Not long now

Here you can see the new energy weapons powered by a group of reactors. You get a tesla coil which arc's to anything that comes within its short range, An obelisk which fires a precise laser at medium to long ranges. And the rail gun which fires cheap to make sabot rounds at 3x the speed of a morter, at extreme range for striking targets in the local map, or other maps in the world.

All 3 weapons require the pulsed power capacitors shown just below the turbines, these behave like super efficient high capacity batteries, but will rapidly dissipate all their energy if the connected power rate falls below 0. Each weapon has a percentage adjustment for the maximum range and damage power, and the size of the pulse required by each shot is decided by the range to the target and damage %

I spy command and conquer references.

KANE LIVES!

Warlord27

I hope you upload this new update mod
and also please don't disappoint us
For this Exciting New Incoming Update Mod

"Our enemies believe that we have been defeated
and that I am no longer among the living
They are gravely mistaken."
- Kane (Reference to Command & Conquer Kanes Wrath)
War is inevitable and Peace is temporary
War will start with fire before the water came end
Peace will start with water after the fire perish itself
Rebuilding and readying for the war and rebuilding it again
Until there's nothing left in this realm

Vaperius

Quote from: Warlord27 on April 29, 2017, 09:25:56 AM
I hope you upload this new update mod
and also please don't disappoint us
For this Exciting New Incoming Update Mod

"Our enemies believe that we have been defeated
and that I am no longer among the living
They are gravely mistaken."
- Kane (Reference to Command & Conquer Kanes Wrath)

We will take that fiery angry and turn it into a great conflagration! ~ - Kane (Reference to Command & Conquer Kanes Wrath)
I remain Vigilant.

DarkShadowp

Dubwise

dareddevil7

So for longterm planning i should land on a tile with a river going through it?

Canute

Ok, i just got an inspiration.
What are you doing with all these power, beside to power up the new energy hungry turret ?
Like at your current world, why not selling it.

The ACME Energy corp. place an overland conduit accesspoint at the edge of the map, at the area you normaly can't build but close to get connected to the buildable conduits.
So it allways will be vulerable to raids.
For each x watt/h you geting energycredits you can exchange at a special tradeterminal for special stuff, silver and accesspoint replacements (if energy raider manage to destroy it).
Or you just geting silver at the tradebeacon (like when you filled up a 16k battery, you are geting silver and the battery is empty).

Dubwise

Quote from: dareddevil7 on May 05, 2017, 10:57:40 AM
So for longterm planning i should land on a tile with a river going through it?

you can still use the dry cooling towers if you don't have a river or ocean, they are just bigger and use more power than water cooling stations, but not much power compared to the amount you can generate.

as for making money from excess power you don't sell the power itself, instead you run lots of reactors to cook up plutonium, which you can then sell raw, as mox fuel rods, or as warheads. I have heat exchangers which you can use instead of turbines if you don't want excess watts.

Dronmk2