[A16] Deep Core Miner (+addons) (UD:1/13/16) - An End Game Resource Solution

Started by theubie, September 01, 2016, 07:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lc-soz

Quote from: Canute on October 27, 2016, 07:12:03 AM

I agree to him.
1. you are geting to much minerals out, special the from the valueables. 45-50 plasteel with my adv. builder bot from Robots. The amout of ore you get should reduced by the value of the ore.
The manipulator of the building should get a value of skill*manipulation*random (0.5 - 1.5) each dig. These value divided through the ore value give the amout of ore you are geting.

2. the material cost of the building is ok, but i think there should be a mining bill to drill to core first before you can drill for ore (5000 work).
Maybe you can differ some drill deeps like the fissions you made from an old mining mod. First just stones and steel, deeper for stones,steel,plasteel,silver. And the deepest for all (3k,6k,9k or 5k,10,15k work).
I don't think this can't be done without DLL. First you create a Drilling rig, where you can do one of the 3 drilling bills, and then the drilling rig get auto. changed into a mining rig for these deep once a bill get completed.

3. Automated mining, same like the standard mining but need an AI core + 500 silver or gold  to build, and more power use 3000 instead 2500.
Need extra research ofcourse.

Would be very cool if you had to do work before starting drilling resources. Very cool the idea of different fissions for different resources "3k,6k,9k or 5k,10,15k work".

Wacoede

Don't know if this is a bug or not but noticed that it was taking a very long time for my Max level miner to pull stone out of the ground so took a look at the recipe def and saw that you had no <workSpeedStat> set so changed the <efficiencyStat> to that and now my miner is pulling up stone very quickly

Canute

Basicly a nice idea, but does your miner realy mine or just press a button to control the mashine ? :-) Does your miner got mashine handle skill ? :-)

theubie

Updated for Alpha 16.  (Working on all my other mods.  Be patient.)

zloibuka

Mod looks interesting, but i cannot understand, how its work :( Research completed, scanner build, deep drill build, but nothings happen. No resourses, no wokers. What i do wrong?

etoire

Zloibuka, you built the vanilla deep driller which needs to be placed over ore veins visible by clicking the scanner. You need to build the core drill, which is a different object. If you don't see it, fumble with your mod load order!

zloibuka

Quote from: etoire on December 25, 2016, 05:44:55 PM
Zloibuka, you built the vanilla deep driller which needs to be placed over ore veins visible by clicking the scanner. You need to build the core drill, which is a different object. If you don't see it, fumble with your mod load order!

No, i build core driller, its bigger, then vanila, has menu with material selection and place for human operator. But its not work and no one operates them and i don't know why :(

theubie

Do you have someone with mining work enabled?  Do you have any other mining jobs set?  The mining priorities mining actual rock over the machine.

zloibuka

Quote from: theubie on December 25, 2016, 11:31:01 PM
Do you have someone with mining work enabled?  Do you have any other mining jobs set?  The mining priorities mining actual rock over the machine.

found the problem, all work, thanks

Der Failer

Just noticed that your mod suffers from the "buildings are build instantly" problem.
This is because in buildings <WorkToMake> has changed to <WorkToBuild>, but RW doesn't throw a error and instead just defaults it to 1 work, so it is easy to overlook.

theubie

Quote from: Der Failer on January 13, 2017, 03:01:53 PM
Just noticed that your mod suffers from the "buildings are build instantly" problem.
This is because in buildings <WorkToMake> has changed to <WorkToBuild>, but RW doesn't throw a error and instead just defaults it to 1 work, so it is easy to overlook.

Not even an overlook.  Never looked to begin with.  I just built one via God mode to make sure it didn't throw any errors.  Good catch.

Uploaded v1.1.1 which fixes this.

Danetta

For some reason I can't extract files from this archive:
http://infinitepossibilitygames.com/download/deep-core-miner-v-1-1-1/?wpdmdl=342

It just throws error and I never saw anything like that before.

theubie

Hmm.  I got errors using Window's default decompression, but 7zip worked fine.  Might be because of the compression method I used.  I recompressed the file and uploaded it again.  This one seems to work with the default Windows method.  DL and try again.

Canute

I don't have problems either with the  download, nor with windows standard zip method.

Swat_Raptor

So I really like this mod but was wondering how balanced each of the recipes for materials was, when I add a mod I want it to not feel like cheating. so after a little digging I came up with a list of what the various yields would be if they were balanced to a set market value of 40 silver
Here they are

Stone: 1 chunck  (based on value of 20 stone blocks)
Steel:     20 units   (market value 2 per)     Current yield  25 units
Uranium:  6 units   (market value 6 per)     Current yield    5 units
Palasteel: 3 units   (market value 14 per)    Current yield  15units
Gold:        4 units   (market value 10 per)   Current yield    5 units
Jade:        8 units   (market value 5 per)     Current yield    5 units
Silver      40 units   (market value 1 per)     Current yield    5 units
Titanium    1 unit    (market value 32 per)    Current yield    5 units

Steel, Palasteel, Gold and Titanium all would be decreased.  Uranium, Jade and Silver would be increased