[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Ok, colony successful etablished. Reactor full expand. Food prod. running. Lander's refilled within 1 season.
Now it is time to wait for v4 ! :-)

Over night if got the idea for the EVA stations. When you managed it to switch appearals, you can put these into a seperated mod too.
I bet many player would like to have an armor rack doll, where they can switch their work clothes for their combat/surgeon/etc. jobs.
They just need to complete switch the stored gear with the actual gear of the pawn. Sure you can do a similar thing with the outfit menu, but then the pawn runs around more.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

limofs

Great job, mod gets better and better! Also, could we have animals shipped in crates/containers? Mechanics could probably be same as items you can reinstall. So you offload these items from crates, install them where you want them and on 'release' button click it makes an animal in place of container. Is it possible to make something like that? P.S. I'm hoping animals mechanics are same as human pawns, so you would not have to rewrite lots to make this.

Dubwise

Dubwise

Quote from: limofs on January 07, 2017, 02:21:26 PM
Great job, mod gets better and better! Also, could we have animals shipped in crates/containers? Mechanics could probably be same as items you can reinstall. So you offload these items from crates, install them where you want them and on 'release' button click it makes an animal in place of container. Is it possible to make something like that? P.S. I'm hoping animals mechanics are same as human pawns, so you would not have to rewrite lots to make this.

i stripped out the animals tabs and skills and wont be adding them back for the foreseeable future. Meat production will all be handled with mycoprotein vats, lab grown meat and so on. Sending a crate of swine on a 6 month interplanetary expedition in 0 gravity would be a bit hazardous, and messy. Its not quite the same as a plane flight to Pittsburgh.

Dubwise

Quote from: Canute on January 07, 2017, 04:50:39 AM
Over night if got the idea for the EVA stations. When you managed it to switch appearals, you can put these into a seperated mod too.

Maybe, it would have been very useful for me on ice sheets, i always take off parkas and tuques inside which can be fiddly. But im already a bit swamped after releasing v3, and the 3 standalone mods and still have rimushima to get done, and more bugs in mars, and then mars v4, and then A17 patching and feature catchups and on and on

Lerin

From my observation

About animals, personally i am not interested about meat production, just have animals is enjoyable. Maybe some kind of cryo hibernation for animals ?

Now in late game when colony is established game looks easy, maybe a kind of space raiders, what will force us to think about base desing to avoid "accidentaly" decompresion during raid, and secure crucial survive buildings.

i dont know how modders community works but, if you would take edb prepare carefully, and made patch/merge mod... what only let us use manage cargo and fixed points system(no more cheated rockets with full resources), that would be something amazing.

Lower gravity, maybe better limit for hauling for pawns ?

More options to heat base (personally i count on redist heat and compatibility patch)

Napple

Is the hygiene portion of the mod standalone.

Dubwise

RickyMartini

If you could make a standalone where colonists have to drink as a secondary need besides eating that would be so great. And a place where colonists can get their water from (lakes, the sea, water wells etc.)

Napple

Dubwise

Quote from: Napple on January 07, 2017, 04:58:23 PM
Quote from: dubwise56 on January 07, 2017, 04:50:30 PM
Quote from: Napple on January 07, 2017, 04:45:15 PM
Is the hygiene portion of the mod standalone.

It is now!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=836308268
Can you upload here? I don't use Steam for preferential reasons.

Yes i was planning to do that today once i finish some bug fixes

Dubwise

Nord

Why my crops dying before they ready? Temperature in greenhouse is 16-21, and all roof is in roof lights chess-ordered. Maybe some more conditions must be done?

malloc

Do you have the irrigation pump with sufficient water?  What does the soil say in the lower left corner when you mouse over (parched, dry, etc.)?

Dubwise

And plants require co2 for photosynthesis otherwise they will start to die