[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

Quote from: samuk190 on August 06, 2017, 06:55:54 PM
what you think?  you understand? its not too hard

hmm it may not technically be too hard to do that kind of system, but its actually more complicated than anything else in this mod, and would require fiddly harmony injections into job drivers for consuming meals and i don't really want to add that extra layer of complexity if it isn't necessary.

So the hydration need that i may, maybe, might have just made works quite differently, it isn't going to be about collecting and storing water or constantly looking for a drink or carrying canteens or any of that trivial stuff, its just about extreme conditions and adding a bit more flavor to moods and hediffs but in a way that most of the time you wont even notice is there, like the space or comfort needs but deadlier if you really fowl up. It is working as a separate bonus mod which requires the base hygiene mod to function so if you don't want it you can skip it

Its based on the current bladder and hygiene needs, bladder falls at a rate based on the current food level, more food = faster bladder reduction, the hygiene need tries to reach a target level of hygiene based on current conditions which include cleanliness, temperature, and what kind of work they are doing. Imagine they are drinking small amounts of water with their meals, the thirst need will target the current food level and seek to match it, if food is 90% thirst will rise to match it, if food is 20% then thirst will fall down to 20% at a rate based on how hot it is and what kind of work they are doing. This means that in normal conditions in a mild or cold climate the water they get from meals should suffice, but if they are hot or there is a heatwave and they have thick clothes on or are doing hard manual work or are dying in a fire or some combination of all of these, then it could push the thirst down faster than food consumption can keep it up, in this scenario they will seek a source of water to drink which will top up only the thirst need, imagine it more like drowning your face in a bottle of water after digging holes for 8 hours in the sun, rather than going to the water cooler once every 15 minutes for a sippy cup and a natter. If the water source is clean then all is well, if its scooped out of a latrine or some pond out back where you dump your sewage then diseases and deaths should be expected, there's a dehydration hediff to go with it but that will probably only kick in if they are left starving and have absolutely no access to water. It doesn't include any water collection devices like rain collectors its just using the same inlets and plumbing as hygiene will, again its not really about getting the water its more about the extreme conditions leading to thirst and other problems, and the knock on effects that lead to old jeff with the bad back cracking under pressure and taking it out on fred with a club.

Canute

Instead of a thirsty need, maybe a canteen.
Drinking don't need a special job, pawns allways can do that during walking or on their job, a quick grab at the belt and take a swallow out of the canteen.
The canteen fullness constant lowered while the pawn isn't resting.
Once the canteen reach below 30/50% he will try to refill if a close refill point is availble.
Once the canteen is empty he will get a negativ buff thirsty with some malus to consciousness.
After 12h thirsty, he will get dehydration, with stronger malus.
After that, collapse.

As refill point
- any water, give brackwater mood debuff.
- floating water, give fresh water buff
- Water barrel
- Basin
- cook made canteen/drink, like when you use coffee/fruit drink from VG, you geting these buff for 12h.

Dubwise

Nope there's no canteens or bottles that all comes with your meals. If they are eating normally but are thirsty because its a hot day then you get a bit of a mood debuff, then if its bad enough they can fix it by going for a drink, basically exactly the same as seeking safe temperature during heat waves, if you really screw up then they can die of dehydration

samuk190

Quote from: dubwise56 on August 07, 2017, 02:58:06 AM
Quote from: samuk190 on August 06, 2017, 06:55:54 PM
what you think?  you understand? its not too hard

hmm it may not technically be too hard to do that kind of system, but its actually more complicated than anything else in this mod, and would require fiddly harmony injections into job drivers for consuming meals and i don't really want to add that extra layer of complexity if it isn't necessary.

So the hydration need that i may, maybe, might have just made works quite differently, it isn't going to be about collecting and storing water or constantly looking for a drink or carrying canteens or any of that trivial stuff, its just about extreme conditions and adding a bit more flavor to moods and hediffs but in a way that most of the time you wont even notice is there, like the space or comfort needs but deadlier if you really fowl up. It is working as a separate bonus mod which requires the base hygiene mod to function so if you don't want it you can skip it

Its based on the current bladder and hygiene needs, bladder falls at a rate based on the current food level, more food = faster bladder reduction, the hygiene need tries to reach a target level of hygiene based on current conditions which include cleanliness, temperature, and what kind of work they are doing. Imagine they are drinking small amounts of water with their meals, the thirst need will target the current food level and seek to match it, if food is 90% thirst will rise to match it, if food is 20% then thirst will fall down to 20% at a rate based on how hot it is and what kind of work they are doing. This means that in normal conditions in a mild or cold climate the water they get from meals should suffice, but if they are hot or there is a heatwave and they have thick clothes on or are doing hard manual work or are dying in a fire or some combination of all of these, then it could push the thirst down faster than food consumption can keep it up, in this scenario they will seek a source of water to drink which will top up only the thirst need, imagine it more like drowning your face in a bottle of water after digging holes for 8 hours in the sun, rather than going to the water cooler once every 15 minutes for a sippy cup and a natter. If the water source is clean then all is well, if its scooped out of a latrine or some pond out back where you dump your sewage then diseases and deaths should be expected, there's a dehydration hediff to go with it but that will probably only kick in if they are left starving and have absolutely no access to water. It doesn't include any water collection devices like rain collectors its just using the same inlets and plumbing as hygiene will, again its not really about getting the water its more about the extreme conditions leading to thirst and other problems, and the knock on effects that lead to old jeff with the bad back cracking under pressure and taking it out on fred with a club.

Nice idea, thumbs up,  I agree and tell me when you're done with that. (Oh dont forget about water tank(capacity) and all stuff you talked before that i loved :) Thanks for everything bro, you making the game more and more funnier!

Headshotkill

Does using night soil for agriculture increase risk of parasites?

faltonico

Could you reduce the speed in which the need bar decreases to go to the toilet/shower? so pawns don't expend that much time replenishing those needs instead of working. Having them go once every couple days would be awesome.

sidfu

Quote from: faltonico on August 08, 2017, 05:28:07 AM
Could you reduce the speed in which the need bar decreases to go to the toilet/shower? so pawns don't expend that much time replenishing those needs instead of working. Having them go once every couple days would be awesome.

once a day is fine imo. whats the use of useing it if they gonna go every 3 days which is the equivalent of a few months in real time

faltonico

Quote from: sidfu on August 08, 2017, 06:48:30 AM
Quote from: faltonico on August 08, 2017, 05:28:07 AM

once a day is fine imo. whats the use of useing it if they gonna go every 3 days which is the equivalent of a few months in real time
It is because pawns take a lot of time to do those tasks, going back and forth and doing the task can expend a lot of a pawns daily time, and the time of the day is limited and not "realistic", no need to do a "realistic" frequency for bathing as well.

Dubwise

i halved the time it takes to use showers and toilets in a previous patch so they get the job done faster, i could maybe let the needs tick a bit faster while sleeping if i can get the mood debuff to clear while asleep, because you dont really care if you need to wash or poop while asleep, then they would be much more likely to use toilets and showers in the morning, would still depend on how much they eat between jobs and how dirty or hot they are

RetPaladinlol

My latrines are not making any burn barrels. I made a latrine on day 1 and it's day 12 now and my latrines never get full. Am I missing something?

Dubwise

Quote from: RetPaladinlol on August 09, 2017, 03:06:26 PM
My latrines are not making any burn barrels. I made a latrine on day 1 and it's day 12 now and my latrines never get full. Am I missing something?

Is it plumbed in?

RetPaladinlol

Is it plumbed in?

No, I don't have any plumbing going into it. It's a single latrine with a wash bucket in a 5x5 room.

Dubwise

RetPaladinlol

Dubwise

huh yer you can see storage in the bottom left is 0% so its not filling up, either they aren't actually using it for some reason, or something  is bugging out the storage, i haven't had any problems while testing but i don't run any other mods