[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruptga

I meant rich soil, I'm not using anything else that affects crops.  I agree that tweaking the evaporation rate should take care of it, the sprinkler concept itself is sound.  I've got some rice in a rich plot with a sprinkler, at the end of a 34C day right before the light started falling off the irrigated rice was only down to 220%, about 60% higher than the rice on unwatered rich ground. 

Canute

Quote from: dubwise56 on December 14, 2017, 03:51:21 PM
I think i need to speed up the evaporation, irrigation is just a little bonus feature i threw in and i don't think many people use it or tested it so it still needs some tweaks, i have been happy with it in my test map but its a freezing tundra with poor light levels so the boost is just enough to keep me alive through the winters, i don't like the hydroponics and sun lamps setup i prefer greenhouses with natural light.
You should play a turn at extreme biome where you can't have outdoor growing or no good soil to grow stuff, except you use a terraform mod.
Then hydroponics will be a need to use to survive.

Tenshi~Akari

I seem to be coming across a tiny issue of pawns avoiding usage of bathrooms they're assigned to (either that or it's not high enough preference for them to use it...) Literally just had two pawns bypass their bathrooms to go wash up in one that's unassigned, which is a little more out of the way. Not sure why they'd do that, everything is hooked up just fine, and when I clear ownership, they'll use them just like normal.

Outside of that, haven't come across much out of the ordinary quite yet. It's just nice to have this mod back in my game, so kind of in the honeymoon phase of the new stuff still.  :P

Dubwise

are all the fixtures the same quality? and the path cost to do basic stuff like walk through doors might mean its actually quicker to get to the other bathroom, i don't force pawns to always use private bathrooms because they could be the opposite side of the base and have a perfectly good public bathroom right next to them, you could maybe do some testing like removing the doors or removing the assignment to see if they then make use of it, en suite bathrooms tend to get used most when pawns wake up to pee during the night or first thing in the morning

Tenshi~Akari

I think it was indeed a quality issue... the moment I replaced the tub after an infestation destroyed the old one, the newer one had a higher quality and they started using that more instead of going to the nearest unassigned one.  :P

deathstar

I'd like to see a compatibility patch with Holy Washer, to make its washing machines use water - Or even your own take on a similar functionality.

Dubwise

I don't like the idea of removing worn by corpse effect by washing, doesn't make sense because the problem isn't that its dirty, its knowing you just looted clothes off a corpse, like when an enemy has been downed by a minigun burst and they are laying in a pool of their own blood piss and shit, you can remove their clothes and its totally fine, but someone that's euthanized in a sterile room needs to be stripped first.

In reality the conditions in the colony would dictate if a colonist would be concerned about wearing clothes that someone died in, like if you are butt naked in a freezing tundra with half your digits missing then you probably wouldn't care too much about stealing socks off your dead wife's maggoty corpse, but if you have plenty of clean fresh clothes and all of your toes then it would be rather shocking. Also if you have the capability to run a modern washing machine with working water supply and sewage system and electricity and detergent then it should be easy to knit together a new pair of pants else you have your priorities in a mess.

The only way i can think of making washing a thing without making it a big coding job, and how i will probably try do it in my mars mod, is if it is simply a way to add just enough hit points on an item of clothing to clear the worn out apparel debuff, so you could maybe get into a cycle of wearing the clothes for a couple of days, then when the they become worn out the pawns auto swap to better clothes like normal, and then if the worn out clothes are within a certain range of hit points, then a pawn can haul them to a washing machine and it will add just enough points back to clear the worn out status, else they wear out until destroyed like normal.

Canute

QuoteI don't like the idea of removing worn by corpse effect by washing, doesn't make sense because the problem isn't that its dirty, its knowing you just looted clothes off a corpse, like when an enemy has been downed by a minigun burst and they are laying in a pool of their own blood piss and shit, you can remove their clothes and its totally fine, but someone that's euthanized in a sterile room needs to be stripped first.

Basicly you are right.
But how does a trader know these stuff are from a dead corpse, and not just old clothes from a pawn ? Dirty and holes should have both.
And why does trader don't sell any ?
And why does weapon don't got these flag.

But don't forget the Main-reason of the flag just was to reduce the wealth of the free stuf from raids.

But at most of my games, i just recycle all deadman stuff to build new stuff out of them. Thats more realist then a holy washmashine.:-)

Dubwise

yer its kind of just a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and with all the weird modded clothing people like to wear and forced apparel and armour and belts and so on, it would probably just make something that is already fiddly, super fiddly

ChaosChronicler

Never had a problem with the whole "deadman" cloths seeing as I mostly sell the stuff from raids or recycle. Though I do find it a tad funny that my colonist don't mind jacking a gun off of a dead raider eve if said gun blew the head off of another colonist.

However I would like to have a washing machine function to the game. Basically gives a temp buff to the item having a slower degradation, or colonist mood buff. Come on who dosn't like the feeling of fresh clean cloths straight from the dryer?

Hm, probably should have a dryer too

Mst

Maybe some would like to share screenshots of their water-sewage setup?
Would be great to see some examples of system in work and proper ways to set everything up. I'm just starting with mine and not everything is clear with how things work.

Dubwise

you just need to plop a water tower on a patch of water, a sewage outlet off in some corner of your base that nobody ever visits, maybe walled off or next to a river or beach, and you should be fine for 20 colonists or more if you just use showers, i need to get some up to date screen shots on the first page when i have the time

deathstar

Fair enough with the washing machine stuff, I understand your reservations. I guess the most immersive way to get rid of the debuff is to recycle the blood-soaked shirts and make new ones out of the cloth.

Mst

Quote from: dubwise56 on December 26, 2017, 12:40:42 PM
you just need to plop a water tower on a patch of water, a sewage outlet off in some corner of your base that nobody ever visits, maybe walled off or next to a river or beach, and you should be fine for 20 colonists or more if you just use showers, i need to get some up to date screen shots on the first page when i have the time
Yeah I get that, but there are other elements such as different heaters, boiler, thermal store, thermostat, radiator, valve. And I havn't even started any of the research.
I didn't want to bother the creator so I guessed I figure everything out from the screenshots. Besides, I'd love to see what other people came up with their base layout.

Dubwise

Sorry i need to add a proper description and make a youtube video explaining all the details, i keep putting it off because i keep changing bits. Simple setup is water tower on ground water or river, sewage outlet on ground or river, a boiler, then plumb it all together with your bathrooms fixtures and that's all you need.

If you want to use radiators just plumb them in to the same pipe net with the boiler, and place thermostats in the important or coldest rooms. The fueled stove is just a boiler but without the built in hot water tank, so you

The boiler is basically a stove with a built in thermal store, it has a thermostat for its hot water tank which will make it flick on and off, then extra room thermostats override that. Boilers have a power mode so you can scale it up as you expand your base, and stoves are the same as a boiler running at 1000w

I tend to use stoves first with wood as the fuel then once i have power i add a boiler and keep the stove as backup for power cuts.

Stoves can heat the water in boilers and thermal stores and boilers can heat the water in other boilers and thermal stores, its all shared.

Valves are for if you want to shut off the pipes like for example if you want to turn off sprinklers for a couple of days to let your water store build up again.

I'm happy to answer any questions