[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resurak

Ruisuki

Quote from: sumghai on June 14, 2018, 06:16:10 PM
I'm really digging the latest updates to Bad Hygiene, especially the experimental pawn thirst need feature that integrates seamlessly with existing savegames (unlike the No Water, No Life mod), as well as the fire sprinklers.

With regards to drinking sources:

- How do pawns fulfill their thirst need while on caravans? Or did you already account for this by allowing meals to also provide hydration? (Assuming I understood your your 2.2.3 patchnotes correctly)

- Do pawns seek out drinking sources by quality or distance? It would be interesting if someone was able to take your existing framework and add alternative sources like water coolers
WHAAAAAT? dubs added a thirst need too?! I thought he was dead set against it and preferred it in the background like before. How much have I missed since april!? And here I thought all i would be looking forward to would be hot tubs. Damn that dubs upping the game.

AnotherFireFox

Hello, does the soil fertility degrades? If not, any plan to make it so?

Ruisuki

Quote from: AnotherFireFox on July 20, 2018, 02:25:17 AM
I remember dubs mentioning it peaks during the day and lowers as it dries.

Does the sprinkler serve no purpose on already fertile soil? 140% fertility

AnotherFireFox

Quote from: Ruisuki on July 20, 2018, 04:18:17 AM
Quote from: AnotherFireFox on July 20, 2018, 02:25:17 AM
I remember dubs mentioning it peaks during the day and lowers as it dries.

Does the sprinkler serve no purpose on already fertile soil? 140% fertility

Sorry for not being clear, I was asking about fertilizer, not sprinkler.
Sprinkler works as a multiplier, so if you have already fertile soil, sprinkler would super useful.

Canute

Yes the fertilizer degrade after a while i think a year or few quadrums.
And you can apply it on existing grown plant without destroying them (like when you use Fertile fields to upgrade the soil).

Ruisuki

Ok I really need to upgrade then. Another thing thats been added in the last update. What has your favorite addition to the mod been guys? What aspect do you like the most?

AnotherFireFox

Even though Thirst for colonists doesn't make a big difference, thirst for animals does. Like in the Savana, animals would gather around the creek or lake to take water, so the hunt begins. Any plant to implement thirst need to the animals?

malistaticy

Couple Hygiene suggestions:

Tribals/ascetics shouldn't care about doing their business out in the open
Being able to wash up in rivers and ponds, for similar reasons

LordCreepity

I recently started playing with Dub's Bad Hygiene, and everything seems to be working, except that every time I reopen the game, the sewage grid is cleared and all latrines that are on the map have been emptied. I don't know there is a mod conflict, or if the data just isn't being saved properly.

Edit: It would probably help if I told you that I am playing on b18.

Tenshi~Akari

Still B18 here as well. Just a few thoughts for 1.0 advances, some probably have been suggested, some probably haven't, but just stuff that came to me during my last playthrough...

1. Definitely would be beneficial for the "Thirst-mode" option if there are restricted area checks when there are no sinks available for pawns to drink from... I literally had one of my sickly pacifist pawns wander half-way across a dangerous map at risk of falling out, even though there was literally an area of "drinkable" water on base and in the area they were assigned to. It also seems to take a bit long for pawns to find those drinkable areas, too... I can't say how to optimize it, but if the check for it were just a little bit quicker, or if it were possible to allow pawns to drink from the same spot simultaneously it would cut down on the "Standing" issue... I guess?

2. Also would be nice to have a non-plumbed drinking option outside of water cells on the map... even if its a separate drinking bucket/gourd from the wash bucket (or even make the bucket a drink option & potentially add an unplumbed washtub). This would probably help cut back on the issues with suggestion #1 early on as well, especially in tribal playthroughs & in prisons. It seems prisoners are too prone to break once they get dehydrated, so that can definitely pose as a threat.

3. On the "drink from surface water" thing... I also notice they tend to drink salty ocean water with no issues. (Or maybe on some planets the ocean water is salt-free... but could have some other substances that differentiate it from the regular water on maps, who knows?) Perhaps it's just me, but I would think that ocean water wouldn't be able to satisfy thirst as much as river/stationary water would. But either way, I just thought that to be a bit funny is all.  :P

Dubwise

updated to B19 and added mint menus!

sorry for no replies it switched off notifications again

and about the thirst need, i didn't want to make it a default feature in the mod, but since i worked out how to switch needs on and off i threw it in as an experimental option, i won't be expanding on it unless i end up doing something in mars with it and can port what i do back to hygiene.

Dubwise

little update to hygiene to fix a bug with privacy while using showers and toilets in certain conditions, and an update to skylights to fix the sunlight shining through

temple_wing

would you please provide some other download? dropbox is banned by chinese gov.

Mst

Wow. Just started testing for a new playthrough after long absence. Hygiene seems doubled in size since I last played. Guess I have a lot to catch up to. If I understand correctly by the quick look it can act now as a temperature mod too, right? So I can drop the separate one.

PS Thanks again for the great work. Not only Hygiene and Rimatomics are outstanding mods they both look gorgeous and get prettier with each update.