[1.1] SimpleSidearms (1.4.0)

Started by PeteTimesSix, May 16, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigheadzach

Bless you, good sir. There really is nothing finer than to be able to come loaded for ranged, short, melee, and non-lethal options and have them all be a click away.

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: Canute on October 29, 2018, 03:28:45 AM
Thats why some clever people made download tools for.
Copy the link, the tool analyse the clipboard and detect a link and add it to the download list.
No annoying popups beside captcha's.

Except the site wasn't flagged. The download was. Obviously doesn't matter now seeing we got 1.0 release. I just wanted to clarify.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Canute

Download tool for the annoying download site.
Multiple virus tools if your favoured one detect one. When 2 of 3 warn about the download, it is different thing.

alexo

ultra4

Don't know if it's a conflict, but when pawns are shooting and i order them to charge melee, they dont just switch, they drop the primary on the ground... this happens EVEN if this mean dropping a spear and using a pikaxe (or fist)

coldcell

Does this mod conflict with Smart Medicine? That mod allows doctors to carry medicine, so I don't know how the inventory system from this mod will affect it.

Regardless, thanks for the 1.0 update!

Canute

raydarken

I'm having an issue where tribal raiders are generating with pistols as sidearms (which I have enabled to be usable as sidearms). I have selected the option to expand neolithic weapons, but the pistols are not set as neolithic weapons.

Can you please let me know what I might be doing wrong with the settings? Thanks.

Canute

a user got problems with Simplesidearms.
[HugsLib][ERR] SimpleSidearms caused an exception during OnDefsLoaded: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'HugsLib.ModBase.get_HarmonyInst'.
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnDefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[StackXXL] Loaded

[HugsLib][ERR] SimpleSidearms caused an exception during OnUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/782f23ccb41354e4eec0253c475eecaf

Since he use steam i think he got the right file structre.
Any idea ?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46849.0

Heymom

I am getting this error.

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SimpleSidearms.utilities.WeaponAssingment.SetPrimary (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.Thing toSwapTo, Boolean intentionalEquip, Boolean fromInventory, Boolean dropCurrent, Boolean intentionalDrop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SimpleSidearms.utilities.WeaponAssingment.reequipPrimaryIfNeededAndAvailable (Verse.Pawn pawn, SimpleSidearms.rimworld.GoldfishModule pawnMemory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SimpleSidearms.rimworld.JobGiver_RetrieveWeapon.TryGiveJobStatic (Verse.Pawn pawn, Boolean inCombat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SimpleSidearms.rimworld.JobGiver_RetrieveWeapon.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_SubtreesByTag.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch1(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch0(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Nylux

Sent a Pull Request on github for the french translation if you're interested :)
I do english to french translations. I'm not the best, but if you need something translated hmu.

Datura

Amazing concept, works (almost) flawlessly  ;D

I, however, encounter a small issue. More annoying than anything...

Whenever a pawn tries to reacquire their main weapon after having been downed, a NullReferenceException gets thrown as soon as they put it in their inventory :

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SimpleSidearms.utilities.WeaponAssingment.SetPrimary (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.Thing toSwapTo, Boolean intentionalEquip, Boolean fromInventory, Boolean dropCurrent, Boolean intentionalDrop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SimpleSidearms.utilities.WeaponAssingment.reequipPrimaryIfNeededAndAvailable (Verse.Pawn pawn, SimpleSidearms.rimworld.GoldfishModule pawnMemory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SimpleSidearms.rimworld.JobGiver_RetrieveWeapon.TryGiveJobStatic (Verse.Pawn pawn, Boolean inCombat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SimpleSidearms.rimworld.JobGiver_RetrieveWeapon.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_SubtreesByTag.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Using the latest version of the mod on RimWorld 1.0.2096. It happens even with only HugsLib and SimpleSidearms.

Canute

Could you maybe explain how you did that ?
Since you said it happen with hugslib and SimpleSidearms only too, you prolly can reproduce it.

Datura

Quote from: Canute on December 25, 2018, 11:59:15 AM
Could you maybe explain how you did that ?
Since you said it happen with hugslib and SimpleSidearms only too, you prolly can reproduce it.

Sure, here goes:

- Pawn is equipped with a bolt action rifle (main weapon) & knife and/or revolver (sidearm).
- Pawn gets downed, dropping their weapons.
- Once healed, pawn goes to get their weapons back, after I allowed them back.
- The instant they take their main weapon in their inventory, the aforementioned exception gets thrown.

The game doesn't crash, the sidearm switching still works perfectly afterwards, it's just irritating to have to close the debug log each time it happens.

No error when the pawn gets their sidearm(s) back, only happens with the main weapon.
Happens no matter which main weapon / sidearm(s) are equipped.
Number of sidearms doesn't matter (tested with 0, 1 and 2).

Here's my HugsLib log: https://git.io/fhUhH

Hope this helps :)

YeojaChingu

Just basic question, why there is an option to drop weapon when switch ? Is there a benefit, combat wise to drop the weapon instead moving it to inventory ?