[1.0] TropiCKAPP Rainforest Mod

Started by kaptain_kavern, June 04, 2017, 09:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pheanox

@kaptain_kavern  not sure if this is helpful or insightful but I just saw this on the Hospitality mod thread. "Yeah... Mods that add animals to guests break hospitality and there is a chance that you can't recover from this bug now." That was posted by Orion in response to someone having the Hospitality bug mentioned. It's on page 114.

Look forward to the harvest bug fix! I was wondering why one day my pawns were harvesting fine and the next they weren't.

Umbreon117

REALLY fun mod. I have a few other mods installed, but in the 4ish hours I have played with the mod, I have only one real problem...No the heat wave doesn't count...WHY DID YOU GIVE ME A HEAT WAVE ON DAY 2 RANDY!?

The problem I have is that the instant I chop a plant, a tree will sometimes grow right in that spot. I have no problem with the growing back quickly part, but having a TREE do that is irritating. I currently have 2 colonists that I am willing to let build, but building is slowed massively by this problem. (For reference, I had 4 tiles left to build around my building. It took two days purely because of the stuff growing back as a tree)

Other than this, everything I have currently dealt with relating to this mod is working as I believe is intended.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

kaptain_kavern

New Update

What changed?

- Fixing the harvest bug by vastly reducing the time for harvest Mahagonny Tree & Fig Strangler

- Added Pith Helmet (A big thank you for Thirite who donated textures)

Protect from the Sun (as the cowboy hat) and give a little bonus in plant harvesting/cutting

- Added 2 modded floors. Intended to be used as path/track in the forest (Or to prepare an area for future construction)
Both have no cost in material but can only be constructed on vegetation or diggable soil, respectively

Download link updated in main post

BlueWinds

Thanks for the fix. It's a shame that you had to reduce it though, I really liked the 'takes forever to clear' aspect of those trees. :) Will be trying out the new version right now.

naschkokthe3rd

Looking forward to trying this out. What's the status regarding compatibility with Vegetable Garden?

kaptain_kavern

Regarding VG compatibility, the only effort I've really made for now is not to use similar plants. But that's really all.
Tbh I haven't use VG since a long time. So I'm really open to suggestions regarding this. What is acting/looking weird when having both mods activated, or things like that.

@bluewinds : Mahagonny Tree will still take ages to cut but the value I originally set was what causing the said "harvest bug". They are now using the maximum value permitted by the game ;-)

br1zz

Quote from: naschkokthe3rd on June 17, 2017, 07:49:44 PM
Looking forward to trying this out. What's the status regarding compatibility with Vegetable Garden?

yea same here, i cant play without vegetable garden + seedsplease anymore  :'(
but this mod looks so great.................

kaptain_kavern

Please elaborate. Could you all give me some hints on what could be needed regarding VG compatibility?

wwWraith

Thanks for the update, now it's really playable without that constant masochist feeling ;) Btw, why you didn't make this Pitch Helmet craftable?

And a little suggestion: what about adding an incident when several cobras spawn somewhere inside your buildings? Like modified Manhunter Pack or Infestation, but not as manhunters initially. They will try to find food and may hunt colonists and animals. If attacked, they will become manhunters as usual, but player will have a choice to get rid of them "peacefully", just making them to find a way out. And of course, there may be other animals that seems appropriate to this behavior, cobras are just a first examle that came to my mind. May be some swarms of venomous spiders or flies, with high armor rating for sharp damage? ;)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

Hey kaptain,
your boat is sinking or your forest is burning. No just a little bug.

With this mod enabled (serveral other mods too) i get a repeating error message, and that don't happen with disabled mod.
I tryed to start a new colony as lost tribe and use the scenario editor. Once i click at the "edit mode" the error pops up.
That only happen as lost tribe, not with the other 2 default scenarios.
Since the debug log didn't appear at full size i can't use hugslib to share the log, output_log as attachment.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

khearn

Quote from: wwWraith on June 18, 2017, 12:40:56 PM
Thanks for the update, now it's really playable without that constant masochist feeling ;) Btw, why you didn't make this Pitch Helmet craftable?

And a little suggestion: what about adding an incident when several cobras spawn somewhere inside your buildings? Like modified Manhunter Pack or Infestation, but not as manhunters initially. They will try to find food and may hunt colonists and animals. If attacked, they will become manhunters as usual, but player will have a choice to get rid of them "peacefully", just making them to find a way out. And of course, there may be other animals that seems appropriate to this behavior, cobras are just a first examle that came to my mind. May be some swarms of venomous spiders or flies, with high armor rating for sharp damage? ;)

If I'm going to have cobras infesting my houses, I want mongooses (mongeese?) to keep as pets to deal with them.

"This is the story of the great war that Rikki-tikki-tavi fought single-handed, through the bath-rooms of the big bungalow in Segowlee cantonment. Darzee, the Tailorbird, helped him, and Chuchundra, the musk-rat, who never comes out into the middle of the floor, but always creeps round by the wall, gave him advice, but Rikki-tikki did the real fighting."

wwWraith

Quote from: khearn on June 19, 2017, 06:08:57 PM
"This is the story of the great war that Rikki-tikki-tavi fought"

Yeah, it's what I was thinking about :)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Meatbomb

I love your mod.

I did a retexture of the plant work to make it better match the original game art, I hope that is ok?  Please check it out:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33902.0

2Ton21

Thank you for the update/fix, Still have the issue of trees instantly replacing themselves and having to be cut down over and over in the same spot. Can you put in some kind of cool down timer? so if x tile is cleared of a tree a tree cant spawn there for x amount of time?

Would really help with this.

wwWraith

2Ton21, you can designate this new Trampled vegetation track or Packed dirt prior to building, this way pawns will automatically cut down plants and instantly lay floors so no more regrowing. It's even seems to be logical. But there still may be some situations when this workaround won't work, probably with terraforming like in Rainbeau's Fertile Fields.