[A17] Xen's Junk - Races and all kinds of stuff. - EVEN MORE NEW STUFF!

Started by XenGrimm, June 05, 2017, 09:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obivion

Love the races and am running a few of them in my current game, many thanks for making them!, however the Fenex and Frijjid set appears to have an issue for me.

When using prepare carefully and adding one or more directly I will occasionally get an error failing to add them, and when added the issue will occur when rolling for a new random, again occasionally. one get I had to click it once, just now I was clicking about 20times.

This doesn't happen with Twi'lek, Racc, Xenn, Argonians. I've reinstalled and redownloaded everything and ran each race on their own with just huggs, prep carefully, alien framework then the above races, only Vulpine race pack appears to do this.

Console error message:
attached file

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

faltonico

Hello there Xen!
Can you please take a look the way of the "Asari" mod? Taking into account that you contributed to making them >_<
If I start playing A17 I would really miss them.
Thank you in advance!

EDIT: I didn't see the OP! Thanks a lot for updating the Asari!

XenGrimm

Oblivion:
Looks like I just need to add a few more backstories - this is a bug that seems to happen because of the backstory lists getting 'trimmed' or otherwise losing entries for some reason, and it throws an error about trying to select a backstory from an empty list.

SpaceDorf

Hi Xen,

I have a question to you as local beastmaster here, is there a tutorial on how to best use the Alien Framework ?
Or is erdelf still reachable somehow, because I have some stuff in mind the framework may not like ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

sirgzu

SpaceDorf

Sorry Xen for using your threat for this.

Quote from: sirgzu on August 11, 2017, 07:14:14 AM
Are these mods compatible with CE?

This question really starts to piss me off .. mods that are compatible have a description for that in their download post.
Other mods don't need to compatible because their content is not related to Weapons or Armor.

How about using your head, and compare the features of CE with the features of the mod you are looking at ?
Worst case scenario .. back up your save, or don't, and just try it out ..

Canute

dorf, slow down ! :-)
Most race mod, arn't just the race. Many add extra apparel and weapons too.
Without trying it out, you can't say if the mod add these or not.

SpaceDorf

Did I not say exactly that ?

The problem is two-fold .. worst of all .. the question has reached the "Are We There Yet ?" - Level for me,
since I encounter it in nearly every interesting mod-thread, while hoping the real discussion moves forward.
Followed by " Can somebody make it compatible " or even " Somebody has to make it compatible " ..

Second I never cared mouch about CE and it's previous incarnations, while I still respect the effort and thought put into the mod, it's just not my kind of game ..

Finally :) I don't feel sorry for telling some kid to shut up and use it's own brain for once.

XenGrimm

hahahaha - yeah the CE question gets asked on almost every mod - it does get to be kinda like that "Are we there yet?" nagging. lol

Most races need patching to work with the CE stuff - since it changes the pawns base verbs into their own versions. There's a guide on their wiki about how to do it - I imagine you could even copy and alter their patch that edits normal humanoids. (if they did it that way)

The best way to get advice on creating races etc, is to join erdelf's discord server that he set up for the Alien Framework. https://discord.gg/XMCRj46

Apposl

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 11, 2017, 11:25:14 AM
Finally :) I don't feel sorry for telling some kid to shut up and use it's own brain for once.

...do you know he's a kid, or is that an assumption on your part? Do you know this person? Could their brain be so busy everywhere else in their day job and family life or etc, that sometimes they just want to ask a quick question and figure out whether something will work correctly or not next time they have 20 minutes to sit down and play?

I mean, maybe you know him or scanned his previous posts or something - hey, I'm the new guy, I don't know wtf is going on around here. I'm just a new fan of the game. :)

I get the "are we there yet" bit with the CE question. I've lurked a lot the past couple months, and yeah, for sure. But the threads move forward regardless and the CE element seems to be a big deal for people and it can probably be a valid question, what, 30% of the time? I don't really know, haven't used the mod, I just definitely see the question everywhere too. :)

So if someone can respond helpfully either way, it's done, the thread continues to move forward, no one is singled out or targeted, and the thread isn't derailed at all.

Or, you can do what you did. Which to be honest, looks like a jerk jumping on someone who asked a question he didn't like, and who probably should have started his own rant thread in a general lounge area or something if he cared enough to apologize before beginning his rant/attack on said "kid."

But I'm the new guy, so WTF do I know. Feel free to attack my post count, because of course what possible value could I be adding compared to someone with over 2k. And maybe that's your kid or you know him and this wasn't based on internet ego. Who the f knows, I don't.

Amazing mod, creator. My 10yo daughter loves them all. Thank you for your work.

SpaceDorf

I am sorry Apposl, because I can understand how my post sounded offensive and childish to you and I should have written my rant somewhere else.

Because I know nothing about the original poster, who inspired my rant, I just assumed by the behavior.
Most of all I am sorry for giving you a bad impression of the Ludeon Forum, this is not the normal way people speak to each other here, in fact it is one of the most civil and newbie friendly forums I know of.

And if you have questions about mods, just ask me, I am pretty sure I know the answer .. with two exceptions :
Is it CE compatible, and will it be upgradet to the current Alpha  ::)

sirgzu

to the best of my knowledge CE makes changes to body parts which makes most race mods requiring a compatibility patch, look at Orassans for example.

LiteEmUp

so i think i may have isolated the 2 minor, and so far-luckily non-gamebreaking problems i have encountered so far... and it seems the zabrak race mod is the culprit...

http://imgur.com/iTu7pfv this is my first problem, i can't seem to get any info(such as my relation ratings or faction members of other colonies) in relations tab.. fluffy noticed the chubby face-tattoed guy on far left corner doesn't have a faction symbol.. my initial guess seems that guy is a zabrak... i tried to click him and can't even click him..

here is a link to my output file.. weird it won't upload here as a file attachment straight from my pc...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/03u60jvajhbzslo/output_log.txt?dl=0

MRBOSSJEFF

Hello! I love your race mods and they are super cool. But I have an issue with the some of them. The Vulpine, Asari, and the Xenn races seem to have some appearance problems.

They all look like regular human pawns with bald heads and different skin tones. If there is any suggestion to fix this please tell me.

Canute

At first you should try to delete the old race mod folders, and copy/unzip them again.

If you use CE, you might need a race-patch, but not sure if they are allready exist.