[A17] Xen's Junk - Races and all kinds of stuff. - EVEN MORE NEW STUFF!

Started by XenGrimm, June 05, 2017, 09:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRBOSSJEFF

Quote from: Canute on August 19, 2017, 03:06:10 AM
At first you should try to delete the old race mod folders, and copy/unzip them again.

If you use CE, you might need a race-patch, but not sure if they are allready exist.

I've tried deleting and copying them back in but still not working. I'm not using CE as well so I don't know whats going on. Any other suggestions.

sirgzu

Quote from: MRBOSSJEFF on August 20, 2017, 02:20:32 PM
Quote from: Canute on August 19, 2017, 03:06:10 AM
At first you should try to delete the old race mod folders, and copy/unzip them again.

If you use CE, you might need a race-patch, but not sure if they are allready exist.
I've tried deleting and copying them back in but still not working. I'm not using CE as well so I don't know whats going on. Any other suggestions.

There might be some conflicts with Psychology and zombie mods...
I've had issues with textures not loading when alien race pawns start rotting for example.
Next version of alien race framework should fix some of these issues, keep on eye on it.

XenGrimm

MRBOSSJEFF: Sounds like you either need the alien framework loaded first, or Erdelf might have a partly-completed update still on the main branch of his git (if that's where you got the framework)

There's going to be a big update to the framework in a couple days - and I'll be updating most of my races to match the new setup - so you might need to get them again after that

Canute

Btw. framework.
You didn't mention that your races need the framework at the 1. posting, ofcourse i know all alien races need them but you know 1. time user.
And don't forget to set a link to the github alienframework.

sirgzu

Hi Xen, congrats on your race mods, they're really well done and fun to play :)
Are ferrex and jaffa safe to use at the moment?

LiteEmUp

Quote from: XenGrimm on August 23, 2017, 08:29:17 PM
There's going to be a big update to the framework in a couple days - and I'll be updating most of my races to match the new setup - so you might need to get them again after that
So xen, should i start backing up the race mods i have and alien frameworks mods i have to a seperate folder in case my saves no longer works with the incomping  alienwoks update??

Ive read on the description of alienwoks on the workshop page that old saves no longer work on the current version...

Im just wondering as well that once alienworks gets updated to the new version, does other race mods likely have to be updated as well or the changes shouldnt have to force an update to those race mods??

XenGrimm

I think this update should be OK with old saves -pretty sure that note was for the previous one?

Ferrex are fine,
Jaffa I think need updating to work properly, since they haven't been updated since before the alien framework 2.0 change (this next version is more like 2.5 or 3.0)

faltonico

I just noticed you have already updated the Xenn. Thanks a lot!
Will the Asari need to be updated as well?

LiteEmUp

Quote from: XenGrimm on August 26, 2017, 06:39:57 PM
I think this update should be OK with old saves -pretty sure that note was for the previous one?

Ferrex are fine,
Jaffa I think need updating to work properly, since they haven't been updated since before the alien framework 2.0 change (this next version is more like 2.5 or 3.0)

Ok thnx xen for d info.. ive backed up anyy race mods im playing and alienworks as well.. well only d asari mod is non steam for me since ive downloaded it directly from your github, and it is a17 version compared to steam..

With jaffa likely getting updated, this means an a17 version  :D

SalmonToastie

Yo Xen, love all the new species you've created, was wondering, how do you make the Argonians spawn with tribal level gear? And what do I change to make the Vulpines or any other species spawn with that level gear?

doomtrout

Are these compatible with B18? If not are they gonna be updated soon? I wanna try and populate a world with as many aliens as possible

Canute

Quote from: SalmonToastie on December 23, 2017, 03:08:24 PM
Yo Xen, love all the new species you've created, was wondering, how do you make the Argonians spawn with tribal level gear? And what do I change to make the Vulpines or any other species spawn with that level gear?
EdB Prepare Carefully should do the job.
You can equip the pawn with the stuff you want, and add the proper wepon to the list, and remove the advance weapons.

SalmonToastie

Quote from: Canute on December 23, 2017, 04:17:59 PM
Quote from: SalmonToastie on December 23, 2017, 03:08:24 PM
EdB Prepare Carefully should do the job.
You can equip the pawn with the stuff you want, and add the proper wepon to the list, and remove the advance weapons.

Na I mean in terms of ai and factions, tribal wear and tribal weapons and the likes.

Canute

Mod authir is lazy, he don't update this thread, but most of his mods are updated at Github.