[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwistedSoul

Hey @NoImageAvailable,

Just wanted to let you know that the LabelCap for ThingCategoryDef Ammo20mmFliegerfaust is Null or Empty.

Causes issues when trying to enumerate or sort by the LabelCap like GWP does, I've worked around it but AFAIK LabelCap should never be Empty/Null.

Playing in English on 1.0.2150 (64-bit)

Tacoburger

any progress on fixing the massive lag spikes when shells explode and produce fragments?

temple_wing

May I ask for Russia 82mm 2B9 vasilek mortar and 60mm infantry mortar in CE Guns?

CombinedAutism

As to the vanilla limitation of stationary weapon info: Wouldn't it be possible to add the info in the description as a workaround? Wouldn't be dynamic in case new shells get added but it would be something.

To the ballistic system: Shouldn't the projectile behave like a ballistic projectile then? The behavior is odd, it flies at the speed of a direct fire projectile and also needs line of sight like one, but ignores embreasures like a ballistic one.

To Gear&Go: Well, you already do pay a price for gearing your pawns up only ocne a Raid starts: Depending on how far away from the weapon they are, they have to go all the way to your armory to pick it up. Either that or you have copies of every Loadout stored at every corner, which takes time and resources and is impractical. Im assuming by certain weapon types you mean allround weapons like Assault Rifles and, in general, FMJ ammo?

To the drug policies: I will do some testing with just CE as I in fact do run like 80-100 mods. Any comment on what the "Any drug/food" functions are there for?

To embrasures: I also found the value of 95% very cheaty, hence I changed it to 70% by adjusting the fill percentage in the xml files. Didn't work. Does CE use other values to determine that height? Strangely though, it didn't entirely block shots. As the enemies started getting closer to about 1/2 max shooting range, they could suddenly fire.

To Antigrains: Well that just makes those things flat out better to sell than actually use. I tried shelling my base for testing purposes and around 80-90% of shells disappeared. The base is in the middle of the map

It all sounds like there are no plans to develop the mod further, which I find is a damn shame because there is nothing else like it that adds so much depth to a lacking combat system. But those problems do take away a lot, at least for me.
Unfortunately, my coding skills just about stop at adjusting said fill percentages.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: CombinedAutism on February 17, 2019, 03:54:18 AM
To the ballistic system: Shouldn't the projectile behave like a ballistic projectile then? The behavior is odd, it flies at the speed of a direct fire projectile and also needs line of sight like one, but ignores embreasures like a ballistic one.

Not sure what your definition of "ignores embrasures" is here but they don't. They follow a ballistic trajectory and if it intersects the embrasures' hitbox it collides like every other projectile in the game.

QuoteTo the drug policies: I will do some testing with just CE as I in fact do run like 80-100 mods. Any comment on what the "Any drug/food" functions are there for?

Any food set to one acts like the vanilla pick up meal behavior. The drugs one is a holdover and basically pointless.

QuoteTo Antigrains: Well that just makes those things flat out better to sell than actually use. I tried shelling my base for testing purposes and around 80-90% of shells disappeared. The base is in the middle of the map

It's a range bracket issue, try firing them further away.

QuoteIt all sounds like there are no plans to develop the mod further

This mod has been in development for over four years now. All the old team members have long since lost interest and moved on. The mod community in general is pretty dead because there's just no more interest in this game. I'm in the same boat, only stick around due to commitment really.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

CombinedAutism

I mean it feels like the chance of it going right through your embrasure feels like way above 30%.

Haven't noticed the lack of interest in the game but I also only got it beginning of December last year. Would be nice if some volunteers wanted to pick it back up, I'd happily beta test or something like that.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: CombinedAutism on February 17, 2019, 04:40:26 AM
I mean it feels like the chance of it going right through your embrasure feels like way above 30%.

That's not how ballistics work. They aim directly at the portion of your pawn's hitbox sticking out above cover (i.e. the head). If they miss and shoot lower it'll hit their cover, if the miss above or to the side it'll go above it. If they're inside an enclosed pillbox then the round will impact the wall behind. There is no magic % chance to intercept with non-tree cover.

CombinedAutism

Ok so my mistake was to build a classical enclosed bunker type of thing when its probably better to leave space behind your defence line to let missed projectiles fly right through.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: CombinedAutism on February 17, 2019, 05:02:26 AM
Ok so my mistake was to build a classical enclosed bunker type of thing when its probably better to leave space behind your defence line to let missed projectiles fly right through.

The pillbox design works well against small arms because the wall will stop stray fire entering your base, prevent them from flanking you and the darkness from the roof will further decrease enemy accuracy. They just don't work well against explosives, especially thermobarics because those are designed to defeat that kind of setup

CombinedAutism

Jan2607

I always thought, that regular updates to new Alphas are the main issue with interest in modding, because you always have to update your mods. I thought that as soon 1.0 is released, the modder would be more happy to develop their mods further, because they now can focus on developing new stuff and not to bother with updating to new versions.
But it seems I was wrong, since so many modders left now when 1.0 came out.

That's really sad. The reason why RimWorld is my favorite game of all time, is that with all those mods you always have a whole different experience every playthrough. Especially CE is a mod that gives you new and different experiences and many players use that mod. We have to set up their mod list around the big CE mod, so CE has a big influence on what other mods I can use with my new colony.
I was hoping that your CE team would now have more time to spend into new features and it makes me really sad to hear that you all lost your interest :(

Facepunch

Quote from: CombinedAutism on February 16, 2019, 06:37:16 PM
1. Snipers

I had the same problem, and I find that having my 2 best shots equip SVDs, I can use them to more or less pick specific high value targets, and delete them accordingly

CombinedAutism

You can make it work somehow but there are no benefits to it. Likely, your two best shots would have brought more to the table simply carrying two M60s or something.

8cb34xknmpek

I still cannot for the life of me get my colonists to land a shot. What is this "c" value when having a colonist selected and mousing over an enemy? My colonist has 20.99 shooting, double passion, careful shooter; but cannot hit 1 shot in 500 rounds of rifle ammo with a legendary rifle. Tested at many ranges including point blank, max, so on. No trees. I've tried snapshot but mostly use aimed shot.

It just spits bullets out into the world and they seem to hang there near the desired target, are these supposed to stay existing and floating midair? The shadows aren't touching the projectile.

Enemy units (raiders, angry tourists) have no such problem and seem to land shots with unerring accuracy.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: 8cb34xknmpek on February 20, 2019, 03:11:33 PM
I still cannot for the life of me get my colonists to land a shot. What is this "c" value when having a colonist selected and mousing over an enemy? My colonist has 20.99 shooting, double passion, careful shooter; but cannot hit 1 shot in 500 rounds of rifle ammo with a legendary rifle. Tested at many ranges including point blank, max, so on. No trees. I've tried snapshot but mostly use aimed shot.

It just spits bullets out into the world and they seem to hang there near the desired target, are these supposed to stay existing and floating midair? The shadows aren't touching the projectile.

Enemy units (raiders, angry tourists) have no such problem and seem to land shots with unerring accuracy.

c is for cells and your bullets are throwing errors. Check your log, you probably have some kind of conflict