[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikazuchi00

Somehow this mod makes the game lag a bit during battles when theres so many pawns in on map (like very big raids), it doesnt lag when the raid arrive and just hang out for a bit. It started lagging heavily when the attack starts

System.Linq

Updated to 2018-3-16:
-No more NPE on maps with no colonists in them.
-Fixed an NPE upon treating a pawn's traits.
-Fixed the bug that was preventing mayors from holding meetings in their offices.
-Removed the hotkey for designating a room as an office because it's something you're gonna do so rarely anyway.

System.Linq

Updated to 2018-3-18:
-Colonists will now get small bonuses to opinion of each other for hanging out or going on a date, regardless of conversations that happen during it (this was intended behavior for dates, but it fell through the cracks).
-Pawns that cannot speak will no longer have conversations.
-Colonists that are hanging out or going on a date are now much more likely to have conversations with each other.
-Colonists with relationships that are lackluster are now more likely to plan dates.
-Some improvements to the hanging out code.
-Fixed a bug when saving the game during voting for an election.
-When a meeting starts, the mayor and constituent will now interrupt their previous jobs immediately so they are more likely to attend in time.
-Codependent pawns now gain larger positive opinions from conversations with their lovers.

Ruisuki

ty, it seemed impossible to get more than 2-4 opinion when spending time working alongside each other

Harry_Dicks

These are great improvements to the meeting and hanging out events, which I personally thought needed some polish.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if you would ever consider something like this for the future: a Psychology Lite version? The reason I ask, is because of the complexity (for me, at least) of all of the different personality traits, and how they all interact and affect each other, is totally invisible to me. Pretty much, all of these awesome sounding interactions and thoughts that pawns have about one another I can never decipher past a very basic level. It makes it so that all of the awesome work you've done just sort of happens "under the hood" with not much, if any, interaction from the player.

Thinking about this further, I suppose these are the couple of different things I could be after: a more detailed description of the personality traits and which ones affect which others, how, the intensity, etc. Or, a stripped down list of the personality traits, but again with more detailed information about all of the traits and how they work together.

Maybe I just want more information, like some tooltip popups when you are hovering over personality traits. Because right now, from my perspective, with Psychology running I get all of these supposedly interesting relationship dynamics among all of the pawns but I have no clue how I can use any of this information or manipulate any stats in a way that would further increase my level of enjoyment gained from having this mod running.

I can fully understand if you are against removing any of the features that I'm sure you've spent an untold number of hours developing. But having never taken any classes on Psychology and not being as intimately familiar with all of the traits used in this mod makes the satisfaction gained from these experiences highly mitigated. Either way, even if you are against it, thank you for all of your hard work. :)

Ruisuki

are pawns that are incapable of social considered to not be able to speak?

System.Linq

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 18, 2018, 10:04:16 AM
like some tooltip popups when you are hovering over personality traits.

This is already implemented.

Snowie

Hi! I'm enjoying this mod, and was wondering if you were going to add the Prepare Carefully button that was teased several months ago. If there's already a separate addon and I'm just blind, someone pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your hard work on this mod!

System.Linq

I already added it, several months ago.

GoldenChimango

I have somewhat of a complicated question:
I like to use Prepare carefully to design my pawns precisely, and i would like to make them romance naturally by modifing thier psychology traits
My question would be: how do i make the two most romantically compatible pawns?
i know i could just force the romance using dev mode and the like, but i often find that they soon break up because they are not very compatible with eachother, or they end up in a bad relationship
I love the mod and the posibility for experimentation that it gives :D

System.Linq

The closer their personality values are to each other, the more they will like each other when they talk, the better they will get along. You should also design your colony so they have maximum downtime and/or spend time with each other while working.

Ruisuki

is a pawn cowering outside of hunting(and your response to hostiles set to battle or ignore) a side effect of Psychologys anxiety?

Ruisuki

Wondering if the incompatibility with children and pregnancy is anything major or game breaking? I read only problems were infants having 'deep conversations' with parents. Immersion breaking sure but the poster also mentioned thats the only trouble he noticed with both mods installed. And that it didnt affect characters from prepare carefully, not sure about newborns.

iFlyAllTheTime

Quote from: wwWraith on June 30, 2017, 10:06:25 AM
Of course my existed pawns were lacking this new "psyche" tab, but I managed to add it by manually editing the save file. Looks like no problems yet, and I hope there wouldn't be :)
Could you please tell me how you edited the save file to get the "Psyche" tab to show up?

@Linq: Thank you for the mod!

EDIT: Please disregard. I found out someone else posting this and finding out the resolution.
i.e. changing all instances of Class="Pawn" in the save file with Class="Psychology.PsychologyPawn"

coldcell

Is the mayoral election automatic? I'm in my 2nd year and Fall has already passed, no election at all though.