RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viceroy

Hey shootyFace! Haven't seen you since that time I shot you in the face on Pandora. How's you holding up?!
Dog goes moo!

milon

In another thread, Tynan said he's basically using testers from A6 and testing has already been secretly under way. Makes sense, considering the number of bug fixes in the changelog.  Alpha 7 will be SoonTM!!

Also, beauty inspection tool! Yay!

Shinzy

can that be used to see the beauty of your gruesomely disfigured colonist that ate shotgun blast into face and survived?
"Vegeta, What does the beauty inspection tool say about his beauty levels?"

I've always though torn off nose wouldn't be too nice to look at

Angie

Finally read through the changelog, and am quite excited for the next update. Struggling with the "do I play some more now or wait until the update" urge right now ;)

milon

Quote from: Shinzy on September 20, 2014, 01:25:08 PM
can that be used to see the beauty of your gruesomely disfigured colonist that ate shotgun blast into face and survived?

More likely you can tell how beautiful/ugly various structures are.  That's my assumption anyhow.

Shinzy

Quote from: milon on September 21, 2014, 04:18:50 PM

More likely you can tell how beautiful/ugly various structures are.  That's my assumption anyhow.

But using things on stuff they're not meant to be used on is more fun oftentimes
Point and click adventures anyone?

ShootyFace

Hey Viceroy. :o

On the beauty topic, I love the idea that disfigurement could make certain colonists despise others. It would be awesome if a colonist got sick of looking at your one-armed cook and decided to kill him.

Alpha 7 this week, I can feel it....or maybe that's just hope.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

Rahjital

I don't think I'll do too much spoiling if I say that beauty levels can easily reach over nine thousand if you are generous with gold in architecture ;)

Ykara

I'm so damn hyped I really want to play the alpha 7. Everytime I look into the changelog I'm excited about all the crazy and cool new stuff (diseases mah god!!!) and sad because I can't play it yet at the same time.

Barley

Shouldn't it be, "When siegers are hungry and don't detect nearby food, they switch to assault mode"?

If they wait until they are starving they'll start taking damage and moral penalties before they even reach the fortress. Plus it makes more since if the Siegers said

"We're staring to run out of food, we better assault this colony before we run out."
instead of:
"Oh god I'm starving to death and were out of food, I say we attack the fortress anyways!"

Matthiasagreen

I think the idea is that siegers are good at sieging. Assaulting a colony is a last resort when they are desparate and have no other options. I could be wrong though. Good thought.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

mrofa

QuoteRenamed metal to steel.

So this means colonist will mine steel ?
And did it means that you renamed defName to ?
All i do is clutter all around.

stefanstr

Quote from: mrofa on September 27, 2014, 03:20:37 AM
QuoteRenamed metal to steel.

So this means colonist will mine steel ?
And did it means that you renamed defName to ?

Shouldn't it be iron instead? Steel cannot be mined...

RawCode

There is no steel in "wild nature" but, this is reason to rename "ore blocks" actually.

Presence of compacted plasteel as "ore" is evidence of simple fact - colonists mine crashed spaceships, not natural ore.

Dr. Z

So am i right that everything from september 25 forward is Alpha 8 content and not included in Alpha 7?
Prasie the Squirrel!