[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribblon

Quote from: Benson on August 22, 2014, 08:56:22 AM
My fireplace doesnt work: Had grilled berrys one time... but settlers put fire out. Delete Homezone on fire. How can I start the fire again?
Build again but fire never lit up?! O.o

As far as I can tell, the fire serves no function in the crafting process. It just spawns for aesthetics and to keep you on your toes for eventually wild fire spreads when it is left unchecked.
When the berries disappear from the grill it means it is crafting the food. After a while (or instant, I haven't noticed yet) the "Grilled Food" will be spawned inside the campfire. This food needs to hauled out of the campfire.

Sprayer2708

@Benson you also gotta make sure the berries are a full stack (75 I believe) or it wont grill them for you.

Scribblon

Hello once again,

Reporting back with a few more (maybe) unintended features, aka bugs... Maybe...

This will be all about the C.H.E.S.T.-s (just 'chest' from here on out). I found a few things with them, that might be unintentional.
1. Chests don't have a 'Reconnect' button. When a wall has to be demolished it is connected to, dumping content is not possible until the wall or a power conduit is placed on the spot. This could be troublesome in certain situations described further below.
2. Whenever you press the 'dump contents'-button the content seems to be dumped on a random spot, no matter what is or isn't already there. Besides items stacking on top of each other, this can result in a few interesting interactions:
2.1 Items can be dumped in walls. More often than not pawns are still able to reach the stack and clear it. But from time to time a stack isn't reachable (even when it is dropped on the same spot). This will result in a pawn that is designated to pick the items up to calculate a path, void the path, and recalculate it again. A noticeable fps drop occurs every time this happens. The wall/object needs to be dismantled before the pawn is able to reach the stack.
2.2 Two chests, A: filled with item 'a', B: empty, configured to only accept item 'b', placed adjacent to each other. Chest A is invoked to dump its content. Does this on the tile of chest B. Chest B, who isn't configured for item 'a', will process the stack like normal and will store item 'a' in its buffer. Not big, just interesting.
3. Whenever the top stack of a chest is 1, the chest doesn't seem to restock its top stack. This is troublesome whenever the chest is the only metal storage/source of the colony. Whenever a crafting recipe requires more than the 1 of that item it will just not be crafted until a pawn hauls some more of the same item in, or the content do the chest is dumped. When the chest is placed against a wall this might result in situations described in 2. And when multiple chests are involved, situation 1 might get you further into trouble.
4. Sometimes only one item is put on the top stack, this can sometimes result in an excessive amount of hauling when building resource heavy projects. (Like one plan at a time when building wooden structures.)

TL;DR for those who doesn't concern the hows: Place your chests not against the walls, keep direct surrounding (1 square) around it clear. Game will not crash but sometimes you need to reset ('dump all contents') the chest to get crafting going again.

Saberia

Hello~ This is my first time to come here and ask for some help!

I'd like to ask what is the Incidents' name or where can I find it?

For example, "A mysterious blight has destroyed your crops." named as "CropBlight".

I really want to know what is the Incident name of

"You and your fellow survivors have safely landed into this RimWorld.

You are provided the [DropPods] that you have landed with and a [Compact Research Terminal] to start learning whatever you can in surviving out here.

You should try to $Deconstruct the [DropPods] and see if they contain any usable material.

Also the [Compact Research Terminal] is free to $Deconstruct if you want it to be transfered somewhere else."

This will really help me for TTM(Chinese) translation.

Thanks a lot!  ;)

Jdalt40

Hey can you put the blast door as a entire different mod since it is awesome and I just don't want to get a harder game due to wanting a blast door. By the way awesome mod :)

Kitsune

Quote from: Saberia on August 22, 2014, 10:32:26 PM
Hello~ This is my first time to come here and ask for some help!

I'd like to ask what is the Incidents' name or where can I find it?

For example, "A mysterious blight has destroyed your crops." named as "CropBlight".

I really want to know what is the Incident name of

"You and your fellow survivors have safely landed into this RimWorld.

You are provided the [DropPods] that you have landed with and a [Compact Research Terminal] to start learning whatever you can in surviving out here.

You should try to $Deconstruct the [DropPods] and see if they contain any usable material.

Also the [Compact Research Terminal] is free to $Deconstruct if you want it to be transfered somewhere else."

Thanks a lot!  ;)

Sadly its not in the .xml files, so i cant help wait for minami maybe he/she can/will say it. ;)

Saberia

Quote from: Kitsune on August 23, 2014, 04:13:34 AM
Sadly its not in the .xml files, so i cant help wait for minami maybe he/she can/will say it. ;)
Thanks! I will keep waiting~ ;D

thefinn

Whenever I try and use this mod, the game just sits at the planet screen and seems to hang.

Memory is moving up very slowly going by the task manager, but no cpu being used.

This is Rimworld532win I'm using, hope that's the correct folder.

Any help ?

Ok, I worked this out - I have modded skyrim for years, so also used the nexus for years.

Under your mod files (edit file) on the nexus there will be a box with sections you can choose from.

You should just choose *1* "Main File" and that file will always be at the top, otherwise it goes in order of first to last uploaded, which puts your alpha 4 version at the top - anyone with nexus habits will probably download the wrong one like I did ;)

The other files you can put under "old version" and they will automatically go below it.

Iwillbenicetou

Use Media Fire. I know that it works. Not many Rimworld Modders use Nexus anymore...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Conred

Ok my problem is as follows
basically i dig myself into the mountain and now i have solar panels inside mountain caves (without roof which also allow for trade) and terraformed soil with plants. Im sufficient without the need of outside world. I cant basically lose now. The only entrance to my domain is by massive blast door that came along with this mod. They are to overpowered. When i close them enemies just stand idle and dont attack even though this is the only way inside. I also played with Zombie apocalypse and zombies also ignore the blast door and just swarm outside. Can someone fix this so enemies treat blast doors as actuall doors and attack them? I would also suggest that AI of pirates use some kind of blasting charges since attacking those gates with bare hands when my guys repair them from the other side is useless and pirates will just die of hunger before breaking inside. They would just give me their weapons for free.

minami26

Quote from: Scribblon on August 22, 2014, 09:30:55 AM
I can't seem to claim structures anymore.

oh thankyou, for reporting this I noticed that the capture button was lost too. It's because of the overlapping Capture command for the muffalo taming. Already fixed for next version!

Quote from: Scribblon on August 22, 2014, 05:46:17 PM
TL;DR for those who doesn't concern the hows: Place your chests not against the walls, keep direct surrounding (1 square) around it clear. Game will not crash but sometimes you need to reset ('dump all contents') the chest to get crafting going again.

Just finished fixing this too! will tweak the eject button to not make it eject inside walls. haha

Quote from: Saberia on August 22, 2014, 10:32:26 PM

I haven't checked how translations work. but if you are looking inside the .DLL assembly for TTMa6 its in the TTM_StartSpawn.
but if you are looking in XML's only you can't access it yet. I'll try to make it more configurable next time. :)

Quote from: Joshy1111 on August 23, 2014, 02:16:33 AM
Hey can you put the blast door as a entire different mod since it is awesome and I just don't want to get a harder game due to wanting a blast door. By the way awesome mod :)

:D ill put it next to the stunGun thread. after I finish this new update :)

Quote from: thefinn on August 23, 2014, 02:30:03 PManyone with nexus habits will probably download the wrong one like I did ;)

sorry about that, cleaned out the nexus files. Thanks for reporting!

Quote from: Conred on August 23, 2014, 07:04:23 PMI cant basically lose now. The only entrance to my domain is by massive blast door that came along with this mod. Can someone fix this so enemies treat blast doors as actuall doors and attack them?

alright thankyou for this! I only need to designate the Blast Door as a super important structure that needs to be destroyed and its good to go!
don't worry about the raiders, You freakishly made a Blast Door your base is now impenetrable! except when you happen to stumble across some insane events. :D

-----------------------------------------------------
Discussion:

Hi guys, been out for days.
I've been working for the past 3 days on TTM v2.8 and its finally getting released tomorrow!

All I can say is, this will be the best update for a long time!
Apparello is super fun to play with along with being able to craft its armors

Just one question
Does everybody want all the Apparello 'Hats' to be craftable?
- I really don't want them to be, because I want the 'Hats' to be a collectors item.

can everybody post if they want all the 'Hats' craftable? if yes reaches to 5 or more then ill make all of them craftable, else if *BIG FAT "no's" reaches 5 then they'll be collectibles as intended Huzzaaah!!

Shinzy

Quote from: minami26 on August 24, 2014, 07:22:50 AMJust one question
Does everybody want all the Apparello 'Hats' to be craftable?
- I really don't want them to be, because I want the 'Hats' to be a collectors item.

can everybody post if they want all the 'Hats' craftable? if yes reaches to 5 or more then ill make all of them craftable.

big fat NO! It's way more fun collecting them all from dead bodies, same thing with funky coloured clothes
But I'm not sure my opinion on this matter counts! I may be bit too biased towards this =P

minami26

Quote from: Shinzy on August 24, 2014, 08:04:21 AM
big fat NO! It's way more fun collecting them all from dead bodies, same thing with funky coloured clothes
But I'm not sure my opinion on this matter counts! I may be bit too biased towards this =P

That's 1 for "no".
- I did notice after play testing it, I feel the intensity to collect hats rather than making them.
makes you crave them or it's just me, i dunno hahaha.

Shinzy

Quote from: minami26 on August 24, 2014, 08:18:27 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on August 24, 2014, 08:04:21 AM

That's 1 for "no".
- I did notice after play testing it, I feel the intensity to collect hats rather than making them.
makes you crave them or it's just me, i dunno hahaha.

It's just the basic collection frenzy. Kicks in effect in every game with collectible items =P
pokemens are probably the best example ..Gotta catch them all!

Saberia

Hello minami~

I know it's in .dll, not the .xml.

I just want to know the names of incedents.

Thanks a lot ;D