[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidfu

yeah we will wait for your updated. i dont plan to play till u update. also btw can u incorprate that guys clutter patch and such?

Kitsune

After TTM is updatet for alpha 6 i make my clutter and machinegun nests patches no worry. ;)

minami26

hey guys anyone want to help me find bugs in the compatibility patch? pm me for the file and the bugs you find. I'll wait till tomorrow so we can release the patch soon. :)

was eagerly waiting for Alpha6 before I make new features. so expect more amazing things after this patch! :D

Kitsune

Javaman

Ya let me know, i would like to help expand TTM. Hopefully you can extend the power tech line, the turret tech line, and add some cool future tech stuff once you reach a certain tech level. I saw some cool stuff in the mai mod like robots and replicators. any thoughts? maybe add that stuff to the tech once you are down the tech tree lines a bit.

sidfu

think next should work on the food line cause right now once u get the  power cook stove there not much use for the none powered one. probaly look at the abandoned kitchen mod and do something like that. also u could start looking at how to do a life cycle for colonist or better yet see if u can do seasons. so many games go easy route and just put biomes and a bit of weather and forget all about seasons.

Kitsune

For my taste the kitchen equipment is good as it is.^^ I think with the unpowered cook stove, its for the start not for "mid"- or "end"-game. Its the same with the power buildings, are you building the little solar collectors after you are able to build the bigger version?

I dont know how deep modder can go into the code and engine of the game, if not so deep i think a life cycle for colonists and season are an thing they cant do because it's not possible at the moment. ;)

Jonesh

It would be nice to add the Embrasure mod as well I think, I always use it cuz I like building little bunkers :P

Kitsune

After the testing and release of the new update and update of my compatibility patches maybe i look and make embrasures compatible too. I also use them. ;D

minami26

Hello guys! Alpha6 compatibility patch is out!
also some minor changes!

here's a changelog!

v2.7.1
Minor Tweaks and Alpha6 Compatibility

Changes:

Building:
Caltrops(Traps)
- Will now only do scratch damage.
- will not kill incapacitated raiders anymore.

Decreased Chairs/Stools Material Requirements.

Removed Stimulant, Heal with Medicine and MedKit from the Medicine Table and Concoction Table - they don't work.

Environment:
Removed Red/Green/Yellow Herbs from the environment, instead herbs are now only growable and will not spawn in the wild.

Decreased refugees chance to come into colony from Colony Mood Factor to 15%.

Tweaked Research costs on some research projects.

------------------------------------------------------
Discussion:

Hello guys i'm thinking about all the things you guys are suggesting and i've decided to add the mods that you want to be included in TTM!

Here's the first batch of the Best and Greatest Mods that we're gonna add to TTM:
- Architect's BetterPower+
- Shinzy's Apparello
- Jaxxa's Shields
- Punisher's Embrasures
- Beeeeber's Kitchen Unit
- Mrofa's Clutter
- Psyckosama's Machine Gun Nests

as you all guys know, Haplo's workplaces and Evul's Project Armory are already included in TTM so we'll be expanding the mods that are included to make RimWorld the most awesome game ever! hope you guys will be happy with my decision!

Kolael

Love the mod, been using it for a while. I justed the alpha 6 version and I get the starting message when I start a new game so I know it is active, but drop pods and the research terminal does not spawn. I get slag chunks and I can't research, so I can't build. Any ideas?

minami26

Does the center of the map have a mountain? if so, it blocks the spawn of droppods and CRT.
the only way to fix this is to start a new game that doesn't have a mountain in the center.

I have set the droppods to spawn in the center of the map due to the mapgen limitation in alpha6.

Kolael

Quote from: minami26 on August 17, 2014, 12:13:44 PM
Does the center of the map have a mountain? if so, it blocks the spawn of droppods and CRT.
the only way to fix this is to start a new game that doesn't have a mountain in the center.

I have set the droppods to spawn in the center of the map due to the mapgen limitation in alpha6.

Yeah, exactly what happened. Started a new game and they appeared.  Thanks.

Javaman

Awesome! this is an excellent list of mods to add. Couple questions:
1. Will you be phasing out the automatic turrets due to the addition of manned turrets. The balance is pretty good with machine gun nests mod, allowing you to have colonists carry their own weapons or use stronger stationary ones. This works well with the manned mortars. Perhaps you should replace the gun post, improvised turret and t500 turret with some more unique auto defenses for when you research further techs and have sufficient power generation tech.

2. Haplos Miscellaneous mod has a couple fun future techs you might want to add. I would imagine you are extending the tech lines to include some cool future tech. Especially once you research things like future weapons, power generation, and space ship construction, or start collecting enemy mechanoid parts. Robots would be fun to help man your mounted turret defense. Any thoughts?

Iwillbenicetou

Is TTM compatible with current save files?
And do we put the whole folder in or the sub folders like the custom events and the actual mod?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!