[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHooDie

Really enjoying the mod, and the compatibility patches.

Something may have messed with graves? Bodies are able to be pulled back out of the graves and had to be marked as forbidden. Also, the clutter patch allows the Reinforced Metal Door from the start. Oil also has the forbidden red x even if not forbidden.

Kitsune

Quote from: zenkmander on August 18, 2014, 06:42:34 PM
How do we craft the Compact Battery? It says the WorkStation but I don't see the option. Does it require some late-game research?

I think you have to research the makeshift contraption.

Quote from: MasterHooDie on August 18, 2014, 10:14:18 PM
Something may have messed with graves? Bodies are able to be pulled back out of the graves and had to be marked as forbidden. Also, the clutter patch allows the Reinforced Metal Door from the start. Oil also has the forbidden red x even if not forbidden.

For the graves maybe you have forgotten to disable "allow buried corpses" in your stockpiles, if its enabled your colonists buried corpses and right away take them back to stockpiles. ;D The Reinforced Metal Door is already fixed, please redownload.^^ The forbidden red x is intended, i think, so you can controll what oil your colonists picking up and not run across the map and collect ALL oil. ;D Also i think its the same spawn-mechanic what is used for crashing supply pods, the thingy's from them are always forbidden.^^

Quote from: DaPieGuy on August 18, 2014, 06:05:30 PM
I have played this for a while and I haven't had a single raid yet, I've been playing for about 5 in-game months now. Is there a mod that would stop it working when its on with TTM or am I missing something?

What mods you are using? :)

MasterHooDie

Thanks for update and info about allow buried corpses, they were burying and then putting back in stockpile. I think the red x is actually because there is a stack of oil at the oil thing, when I used the "next thing in same square button" it would switch between different amounts of oil.

Kitsune

I sadly dont know how the oilthingy work, it spits out an amount of oil with a few stacks but i think it uses maybe how i sayd the normal respawn mechanic like the supply drops and because of that its forbidden or what i think more that minami set it automatic forbidden because your colonists run across the map to collect the oil and you have to manualy forbidd all oil you dont want. I think its the better solution to forbidd all and manually pick the oil you want.^^ Its a bit more work for the player but i think an better solution is only an building that produce oil and have to be build on top of an oilthingy. :) I dont know how to write this building otherwise i had written it myself long ago. ;D

Edit: And no problem for the update, if you find any bugs, say it and i trie to fix it. ;D With the door its not an "bug"... i only forgotten it. :-[

minami26

Quote from: zenkmander on August 18, 2014, 06:42:34 PM
How do we craft the Compact Battery? It says the WorkStation but I don't see the option. Does it require some late-game research?

Compact Batteries are spawned together with the starting supplies in the middle of the map with the DropPods and CRT

Quote from: DaPieGuy on August 18, 2014, 06:05:30 PM
I have played this for a while and I haven't had a single raid yet, I've been playing for about 5 in-game months now. Is there a mod that would stop it working when its on with TTM or am I missing something?

What difficulty are you playing on? AFAIK when you choose a difficulty lower than challenge it will take a long time for raids to occur. especially with the custom events.

Quote from: MasterHooDie on August 19, 2014, 02:58:04 AM
Thanks for update and info about allow buried corpses, they were burying and then putting back in stockpile. I think the red x is actually because there is a stack of oil at the oil thing, when I used the "next thing in same square button" it would switch between different amounts of oil.

bodies are supposed to be put in graves and marked forbidden for them to stay in the graves and not be hauled anymore.
also the OilDeposit spawns Oil in the same spot, so there will be many different stacks of oil in the same place. They are forbidden at spawn because you don't want your colonists to get them everytime half way across the map.

Quote from: ayoblub on August 18, 2014, 02:50:49 PM
I wasn't seeing anything different besides new events. Then i noticed that there was a dll at the core of this mod. Being on OSX this will not work. Too bad�

Could you add a disclaimer to the front page, that the mod is windows only in it's current state?

thank you :)

Alright I'll put a disclaimer that this isn't available on OSX. also because I don't have an Apple computer too so I can't develop it there. :(

-------------------------------
also for everybody else, take note that all starting items will Spawn in the center of the map. So make sure that the map you choose doesn't have  a mountain in the direct center or else the items will not spawn.

Neurotoxin

Quote from: ayoblub on August 18, 2014, 02:50:49 PM
I wasn't seeing anything different besides new events. Then i noticed that there was a dll at the core of this mod. Being on OSX this will not work. Too bad�

Could you add a disclaimer to the front page, that the mod is windows only in it's current state?

thank you :)

Unless the mod uses OS specific code it should work fine on a mac. Rimworld itself uses dll's

Other Unity games that allow assembly mods (such as Kerbal Space Program) work on mac as well. Maybe you missed something or the mod requires a new game (it does seem pretty extensive) or, there's OS specific code but dll mods (generalizing) should typically work fine on Mac.

Quote from: minami26 on May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM
This mod is not compatible on old Saves, please start a new game before playing with this mod.

Did you try on a new save?
I want to also mention, I'm not hunting you down, just trying to help although it may seem (in this text based format) that I'm being condescending or like I know it all I'm not. I'm just saying that because it contains a dll doesn't necessarily mean it won't work.

ayoblub

As far as i know Unity uses Mono as a wrapper for windows code (c++?), which would account for DLLs. Native, compiled libraries are usually in osx's dylib format.

I used a clean install of alpha 6 and created a new world and a new colony before i tried. I placed only this mod inside the apps mod folder (applications > rim world app > mods > techtreeminami)

Neurotoxin

Quote from: ayoblub on August 19, 2014, 07:28:06 AM
As far as i know Unity uses Mono as a wrapper for windows code (c++?), which would account for DLLs. Native, compiled libraries are usually in osx's dylib format.

I used a clean install of alpha 6 and created a new world and a new colony before i tried. I placed only this mod inside the apps mod folder (applications > rim world app > mods > techtreeminami)

Yes, you're right, Unity uses a mono wrapper, which should also wrap loaded external libraries. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, I'm just saying don't write it off because it has a dll. Have you tried any other dll mods? Is there anything in your console after activating this mod? I'm just curious why it wouldn't work. :/

ayoblub

As far as i could tell, only custom events and a few textures that were described by xml files worked. neither the tech tree nor any build options changed. A clean game started with the default build options.

And no worries. I don't feel hunted in any way. As far as i see it, this is one of the most pleasant forums out there. I actually wouldn't have bothered to post otherwise. I have tried a couple of mods and neither of those which relied on dlls seemed to work.

Neurotoxin

Quote from: ayoblub on August 19, 2014, 07:34:52 AM
As far as i could tell, only custom events and a few textures that were described by xml files worked. neither the tech tree nor any build options changed. A clean game started with the default build options.

And no worries. I don't feel hunted in any way. As far as i see it, this is one of the most pleasant forums out there. I actually wouldn't have bothered to post other ways. I have tried a couple of mods and neither of those which relied on dlls seemed to work.

:/ that's a bummer, sorry to hear it. A lot of the cool features require dll's besides just adding more of what's already in the game. sounds like unity just isn't wrapping the mod assemblies correctly or at all. Well damn, I wanted to solve this problem lol. If it was something specific we could narrow it down for future mods/modders to look out for.

ayoblub

i just have tried it again with better power+ and superior crafting. No changes to the games content.
Yeah that would be great. How can i access the log file from rim world or how could i log the data, if i have to enable it manually? Perhaps this might give some insights.

The great thing of this game in this early stages seems to be the devotion of the modders. I have no windows installed currently (and SSD space is valuable ;) ), since all of the design apps i use regularly are available on osx.

minami26

Thanks @Neurotoxin for looking into that OSX thing, I can't really do anything about that >.<

@ayoblub sadly, it pains that you can't play with TTM :(
the log file is inside the RimWorld Content Folder, its the only Log.txt file inside.

-------------------------------
Discussion:

So I have obtained permission for most of the mods that will be integrated into TTM, one thing though.
About Clutter Mod: My idea is to take Clutter into its own Custom Tab in the Architect Menu and it will have its own Research which will take place on Beautification Schematics, then BS will then be replaced with "Basic Furnishings"

Beautification Schematics details will be for "Clutter Corp High-End Furnitures" which will need Fabricants from the Chronicler Machine in the Chronicled Artistry Research. I won't be using the Clutter's Turrets though only the awesome furnitures it has.

can anybody comment on this?

currently no news on BetterPower+ so the new TTM version won't be released with it, betterpower+ still needs updating and I don't want to upset sir Architect on that matter so I won't include it yet, I still need his confirmation if he will allow me to add BP+ to TTM. :)

Neurotoxin

The log should I believe be in \RimWorld534Mac.app\Contents\Data
Even though I don't have/use a mac I do have a copy of each OS's rimworld for development purposes haha.

@Minami I'd love to comment but I haven't even gotten to try out the mod yet. Came to download, ended up trying to solve problems. *sigh* I can't turn down a challenge.

Kitsune

Quote from: minami26 on August 19, 2014, 08:27:46 AM
Discussion:

So I have obtained permission for most of the mods that will be integrated into TTM, one thing though.
About Clutter Mod: My idea is to take Clutter into its own Custom Tab in the Architect Menu and it will have its own Research which will take place on Beautification Schematics, then BS will then be replaced with "Basic Furnishings"

Beautification Schematics details will be for "Clutter Corp High-End Furnitures" which will need Fabricants from the Chronicler Machine in the Chronicled Artistry Research. I won't be using the Clutter's Turrets though only the awesome furnitures it has.

For me its ok. I think the "Basic Furnishing" fit it better but i suggest that the "Floor" research is in the same position because for my taste its somewhat strange that we have to research furniture first and after that floors. ^^ So i suggest enable floor research after "Rimworld for Dummies" or name "Beautification Schematics" into uhm... "Basic housing"? And after that the research for clutter as "Basic Furnishing". But again its only my taste and my little suggestion. :3

For the clutter turrets for the most time i dont use them anyway, i like more the turrets from TTM or the MachineGunNests. :)

Javaman

Hopefully you can get better power added. I think you should have the turret progression go manned turrets -> mortars -> auto turrets. This progression works well when you dont need power in the beginning, but lots when the auto turrets are discovered.