[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oragepoilu

Quote from: Igabod on November 13, 2014, 11:27:32 AM
edit to add: it's a moot point anyway since the code for the game doesn't grant immunity to damage but simply adds a bonus to your saving throw chances. And I highly doubt Tynan would ever change it.

That's were you are wrong, i tough you would already know that but now i understand why you say all this stuff.

QuoteSept 26

Renamed metal to steel.
    Rock chunks now generate more and less at different parts of the map.
    Flammability is now a curve, not an on/off setting. More flammable things will grow fires faster, which creates a distinct disadvantage for otherwise-excellent wood structures.
    Added auto-close to float menu for stuff selection.
    Rebalanced plant growth.
    Reworked armor system to do both damage resistance and deflection chance.
    When siegers are starving, they switch to assault mode.

He already talked about this before if i remember correctly - but i can't find the topic.

Shinzy

The description of the scyther frame is just flavour text for the most part
As is about every description in every item! I try to have the stats reflect them as well as possible though

Anyhow! balancing the stuff is very long process (atleast for me! cause I find myself adding new things instead of finetuning the old, which is not the best way to go but that's just how I roll! and when you roll, you roll downhill! and you tend to crash alot tooo and.. oh I'm going too far with it now aren't I?) *ahem*

The goal is to have all the bits of clothing serve some role, So that you could customize your guys depending on what they do
Scyther frame was ofc intended for hauling duties and not so much for combat
although right at the moment it actually has -50% aiming delay ::) which should have been +50% noooot a biggie! (I doubt Minnie has touched any of the stats in the TTM version, I haven't really compared them)

I've done some changes in the latest version which isn't included in this one yet
The light power armors are very close to Dusters in bullet deflection (+move speed boost) And they can't be made from the fabric materials anymore so you won't be having the over 100% helmets =P *poke*

Anyway! I'm just trying to say I am trying to keep the armor and clothing balanced
as and when I notice they could use some! it takes time, trust me! =P

Also! the rare occasions I get any feedback from any- what's the word -"external sources" they're tucked away in someone elses thread! ;D *pointing fingers very accusingly at every direction*

Oragepoilu

Quote from: Shinzy on November 13, 2014, 12:30:25 PM
Also! the rare occasions I get any feedback from any- what's the word -"external sources" they're tucked away in someone elses thread! ;D *pointing fingers very accusingly at every direction*

Yeah. But as you can see it was already pointed out on your topic anyway. No no big deal !

About the balance you was talking, because it's likely to change at the next alpha I didn't talk about this yet but I am willing to take a closer loot at it.
I just don't know yet how you put the stats, like, if you use a formula to set the stats depending of the part of the armor/material used. It could help kick the crazy number and maybe add a flavor on the gear if you are able at this point to do material=>moral/movement/skill/reload/learning/etc
Well actually as you pointed out you are more adding stuff. And anyway it's your mod not mine so don't mind to much what I said. Keep it up !

PiCroft

I had a question regarding the TTM Full Pack. It includes a ton of weapons from other mods, but the equipment racks, and the food preservers have all their possible storage items disabled by default. This is a major pain, especially for the equipment racks since the list of weapons is huge. Is there any way to change it so these two items have everything enabled by default?

E: nevermind, should have searched the thread. For reference, here is the solution:

Quote from: LittleMikey on August 30, 2014, 04:49:56 AM
Quote from: SleepyFox on August 28, 2014, 05:15:29 PM
Oh hey, Minami, the equipment racks are /slightly/ borked in that there's no way to 'select all'. If you want to use them for everything you have to go down the list and click everything one by one. And that's a lot of guns.

If you go to: \Mods\Tech Tree Minami A6\Defs\ThingDefs\TTM_Buildings_Furniture.xml
Find "<defName>EquipmentRack</defName>"

And delete the lines:
     <defaultStorageSettings>
  <priority>Important</priority>
  <allowances>
<exceptedCategories>
  <li>Weapons</li>
</exceptedCategories>
  </allowances>
      </defaultStorageSettings>

Your equipment racks will by default have everything selected (Although you'll need to rebuild any equipment racks you've already built)

Cat123

I've noticed that a lot of the bundled mods are out of date versions.

Any chance you could add a list of "compatible mods" + links to their threads please: most seem to include their own tables that allow TTM compatibility, and there's no point to a bundle if it's outdated.

I also spotted in the armory mod thread a link to a neat bit of code that is a mod manager - could you add that to the front page splash?

sidfu

when i enable the extended surgery im getting a traslation error on ton of things. its only with the extended surgery.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: sidfu on November 14, 2014, 11:18:07 AM
when i enable the extended surgery im getting a traslation error on ton of things. its only with the extended surgery.

If you talk about red message that say spam when you load the game for each part of body - then it's not some error but informations messages. the first mod maker of this mod didn't fully understand what he has done at this stage and used the wrong ... stuff ? to send message in the console.
There is no problem with it.
However if you have another problem that doesn't allow you to play report it with more informations. Like a copy of the log or something like this.

sidfu

the error says def-link translation error.found no verse.

its only when i enabled the surgery extended patch without it there is no error. was fine last update.

without surgery extended there no error. reding all them it has gives that error for everything from research,recipes, jobs and even turrent error. without surgery extended i dont get the error.

i only have the ttm mod and patches installed so its not a mod error and i started tem up right by starting witht eh main ttm before enabled the others. ive already downloaded it 3 times again to make sure wasnt a corrupt file and no luck

Oragepoilu

Quote from: sidfu on November 14, 2014, 06:17:26 PM
the error says def-link translation error.found no verse.

its only when i enabled the surgery extended patch without it there is no error. was fine last update.

without surgery extended there no error. reding all them it has gives that error for everything from research,recipes, jobs and even turrent error. without surgery extended i dont get the error.

i only have the ttm mod and patches installed so its not a mod error and i started tem up right by starting witht eh main ttm before enabled the others. ive already downloaded it 3 times again to make sure wasnt a corrupt file and no luck

Okay.

So if I recap :
-You downloaded the last packaged version of TTM ( Alpha 7 v3.3 Full Pack (Includes 15 TTM patched mods) )
-You started you game
-You activate all the mods included but extended surgery (called TTMPatch_Extendedsurgery & Bionics)
-Game work fine
-You enable Extended surgery
-You got an error ("def-link translation error.found no verse.")

At this point I want to be sure that you aren't using a version of the mod included in the package from the other topic dedicated to the mod itself and downloaded here instead of using the version TTmPatch included in the package ( = you didn't update by yourself the mod)
I think you didn't but anyway. Just in case, you know.
Then I would like to know if you are using other mods as well. (I'm talking about other mods that aren't included in the package)
Same here i don't think you are doing this but well !
If you do please remove them and try again.

If you end with an error you should go in you installation folder (.../Rimworld), open the "Data" folder inside (.../Rimworld/RimworldData) and either send us the output_log.txt or if you really really can't do this, from here copy it and send it us

From here someone could check this. I don't understand why you would have an error because other people (including me) don't, but I don't have much knowledge about coding so you best hope is that other people read your log and find something.

sidfu

found what its comeing from its not comeing from the extended surgery its comeing from the main TTM main.

ive put the output_log up. ive already spent some time and its comeing from the Main mod not patches. this log is from no mods but TTM Main active.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

PaulBR

I'm trying to make a tailor's workstation but i can't create the toolbox, i've tried rebuilding the metalworks( which is the place that the game tells you to make the toolbox there) it still doens't work, can someone help me?

Oragepoilu

@sidfu

Hu ... aren't you using an old save here with this mod ?

Can't tell much more. But in case of, you need a new save, if you want to play TTM. If you already made a new save while using this well i don't know, sorry.

sidfu

not using a save yet that message comes up on start screen but ill try delteing the old saves and see if it clears

Clibanarius

I'd been holding off on trying this major mod, given that I was previously working with having all the mods I could find that I wanted cobbled-together in my current game. After backing up my load order and the mod subfolder itself, I figured I'd give this a try. It is FANTASTIC! A really awesome amount of complexity, I salute you for putting together such a coherent experience!

Haplo

The errors you're seeing is because of some translations from the miscellaneous mod, where TTM doesn't use the parts.
I have already provided a solution for it here