[1.0] Androids - The ultimate manpower solution

Started by ChJees, September 16, 2017, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drglord

Any way of making them not explode cause that is kinda OP in one way or the other... Can i tweak a file option? Thanks for the mod

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Drglord on January 31, 2018, 08:51:21 PM
Any way of making them not explode cause that is kinda OP in one way or the other... Can i tweak a file option? Thanks for the mod

You can change the explosion radius in the mod options. I'm not sure, but you might be able to disable the explosion from there as well.

Drglord

Thanks man feel stupid i didn't even checked if the mod had options :)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Drglord on February 01, 2018, 08:05:51 AM
Thanks man feel stupid i didn't even checked if the mod had options :)

Don't feel stupid. We all make silly mistakes sometimes ;)

Harry_Dicks

Can anyone tell me what happened to the special traits for Androids? I had a profile setup with Prepare Carefully with an Android in it, and I had the special trait, which I believe was called Android as well, for them.

However, now when I load this profile, I get an error from PC saying that not everything was available to load, and I think it is this Android trait. So I looked at the profile for PC, and this is the trait that is now missing, "AIPawn_BaseTrait".

Is this trait missing and/or gone now? I update and swap around so many mods manually that I can't remember what I would have changed to possibley make this disappear. Also, I can't find that string anywhere in the Androids mod when searching through all of it's files. Can anyone tell me where the traits are located at in the Defs? I really did look through them, probably too fast, but I can't seem to find them anywhere!

EDIT: Weird, I've gotten the trait back by playing around with the load order. I think I still have a mysterious culprit somewhere in my list borking stuff further down the line...

s44yuritch

Isn't that trait from MAI, and not from Androids?

Alexander_Lem

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 30, 2018, 06:23:43 PM
Quote from: Alexander_Lem on January 26, 2018, 09:05:06 AM
ChJees,
There's a minor issue with faction colors:
If there's two outlander factions present - they're using the same color scheme as android enclaves and the latter become really hard to find.
I know it can be fixed through simple xml tweak, but i think it would be nice to have separate colors for android factions as a stock option for mod.

I've had this issue as well, and I only allow 1 outlander and 1 android faction, through RF - Faction Control. They aren't always similar, but sometimes they look like they are virtually the same color, as far as I can tell.

There are two colors defined for Outlander factions and the same two colors are used in Android's defs.
It seems that the game randomly picks color from faction's xml def on world generation and therefore can choose same colors on different factions.

Or maybe it was intentional? Like, Androids are trying to blend in (Since most of their descriptions do involve running away one way or another) and are hiding by making their settlements to look like a generic outlander outpost?... Who knows...

P.S.
You can change them manually by going to ...\Rimworld\Mods\Androids\Defs\FactionDefs\Factions_Androids.xml and editing the <colorSpectrum> section (begins at line 47 for now), colors are defined in RGB scale from 0 to 1.0

minakurafto

how to make android immune to infection and disease?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: s44yuritch on February 06, 2018, 10:56:53 AM
Isn't that trait from MAI, and not from Androids?

You're right, it is. I honestly wouldn't have guessed it came from there, but rather the Androids mod itself! I was experimenting with taking that mod off, but I did have other issues arise out of playing with my load order, because I think somewhere in there that someone is redefining a core def. I found a mod last week doing it to building base, causing all kinds of issues, and making all the other mods loaded after it look like they were the ones messing up, when really they were made fine.

ChJees

Mod updated today allowing you to print Android-likes from other Alien Races. Feature is currently new and is being refined :).

SihvMan

Quote from: ChJees on February 16, 2018, 02:56:13 PM
Mod updated today allowing you to print Android-likes from other Alien Races. Feature is currently new and is being refined :).

Sweet! Do they inherit any stats from those races? Or is it purely cosmetic?

ChJees

Quote from: SihvMan on February 16, 2018, 04:38:02 PM

They inherit some attributes and benefits as a Android would have. But they do not inherit the lifespan and toughness of a Android.
Also they now explode when they die :P.

Call me Arty

Quote from: ChJees on February 16, 2018, 05:26:46 PM
Quote from: SihvMan on February 16, 2018, 04:38:02 PM

They inherit some attributes and benefits as a Android would have. But they do not inherit the lifespan and toughness of a Android.
Also they now explode when they die :P.

So, let's say I print an Elder-Droid (from Elder Things), am I going to get an Elder Thing that can run off of electricity? Is there going to be anything cosmetic, like new textures (I'm not sure whether it was you or Jec that gave the androids special coolant for the Vampire mod), Mechagodzilla style for anyone, or are they just grayscale/unchanged?
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Call me Arty on February 19, 2018, 11:11:16 PM
So, let's say I print an Elder-Droid (from Elder Things), am I going to get an Elder Thing that can run off of electricity? Is there going to be anything cosmetic, like new textures (I'm not sure whether it was you or Jec that gave the androids special coolant for the Vampire mod), Mechagodzilla style for anyone, or are they just grayscale/unchanged?

I can't decide if I want to use Elder Things and Arachnophobia. I keep going back and forth. I've actually gotten my mod list down into the one hundred THIRTIES! It's been very, very difficult. But I keep eyeballing those two. I remember having some errors pop with spiders and cocoons, hmm... is it worth it..

Call me Arty

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 19, 2018, 11:32:38 PM
Quote from: Call me Arty on February 19, 2018, 11:11:16 PM

I can't decide if I want to use Elder Things and Arachnophobia. I keep going back and forth. I've actually gotten my mod list down into the one hundred THIRTIES! It's been very, very difficult. But I keep eyeballing those two. I remember having some errors pop with spiders and cocoons, hmm... is it worth it..

I like both. The Elder Things are refreshingly not "Human except weird skin color / animal head" like most race mods, and the arachnids are wonderfully different from the usual animals, much more "special" like insects and the boomies. Sure, neither are without issue, but I consider both good overall.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!