[1.1] Locks

Started by Avius, October 03, 2017, 05:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

Because of this mod I might just abandon my B19 colony and move to 1.0 :) damn :D

One question: could you make it such that a door is available to be open if inside a certain area, by whichever pawns do not have that area forbidden?

Basically I want all doors to be opened by the cleaning pawns, but only while they are cleaning (also using the mod Cleaning area just for that).
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Epson

Quote from: crusader2010 on October 20, 2018, 10:56:26 AM
Because of this mod I might just abandon my B19 colony and move to 1.0 :) damn :D

One question: could you make it such that a door is available to be open if inside a certain area, by whichever pawns do not have that area forbidden?

Basically I want all doors to be opened by the cleaning pawns, but only while they are cleaning (also using the mod Cleaning area just for that).

Orrrr just grab the B19 version from Github ;) https://github.com/Aviuz/Locks/releases

Avius

Quote from: crusader2010 on October 20, 2018, 10:56:26 AM

Cleaning is prime problem with this mod, and those suggestions was made several time, including me.
Unfortunately the main problem is that while it seems simple for human understaning, it's really complex in implementing because:
- pathfinding in RimWorld is cached, so that's mean there should be some fixed times when allowed paths are changed.
- logic behind whenever pawn can pass through door, I mean let's take example: pawn is cleaning and he entered the room, and then finished cleaning, whats next? he can't get out. Making the door it will only let people leave won't work so simple, whats about doors between two closed room? Should we add some directions of passing through door? It's simple for human understanding, but complex (not hard, just veeery time consuming) in mathematical logic
- mentioned above direction of passing, there is no such direction in RimWorld, from door perspective you see block of space <-> door <-> block of space, that's all

Sorry for long post, but I hope you can understand that this can be very time consuming, and not so rewarding as other problems that need to be solved.

crusader2010

@Avius: yep, thank you for the explanation. Didn't know the code-behind logic. Thought about it more in the lines of:
- pawn enters room because door is part of an area that the pawn has access to and is configured for the door;
- pawn cleans the room and usually picks up a new job from the queue;
- replace that job with (i.e. inject before it) one that says "Exit current room while ignoring the lock on the door" (with the proper checks that the pawn actually has the only way out through the door, that the door is still part of that area, etc... simply because maybe we want to lock pawns inside a room sometimes) :)

So maybe there's no need for a "direction" concept for doors, but I can see how path caching can be a problem here. Not familiar with Rimworld code so can't really give ideas on that.

Nevertheless, can you think of a workaround? Except having only one pawn do the cleaning and also letting him go through each door :D

Thanks!

ecofox

Figured out how to extract the zipfile, had to use 7z.

Canute

You right ecofox,
the latest release Locks v2.2.1 isn't a zip file, it is a 7z or rar archive.
Older releases are zip files.

And another request Avius, could you please include a mod folder into the archive, so people don't need to create one ?

Avius

- changed max size for pet door to 0.86 up from 0.85

Avius

Quote from: Canute on October 27, 2018, 04:36:25 AM
You right ecofox,
the latest release Locks v2.2.1 isn't a zip file, it is a 7z or rar archive.
Older releases are zip files.

And another request Avius, could you please include a mod folder into the archive, so people don't need to create one ?

I can unpack this with win-rar as .zip file, .... weird

Canute

winrar or 7z can unzip anything, and don't watch at the ending .zip

But since you mention winrar, try to open it with the windows explorer, that don't work and that indictate it is a .rar or .7z archive and not a .zip

Avius

- added copy/paste buttons
- added cancel button
- now settings that do not apply in comparision to other settings will not be displayed on tab "Lock"

vandal

any way to disable semi transparent locks symbol for unlocked doors?

crusader2010

Please include a "Locks" folder inside the archive for this mod. Right now it only has the main folders (about, defs etc) and it gets really annoying when you want to extract more mods at the same time (need to look for what folders/files should be in the mod, create a folder for them and move them). Thanks

Avius

Quote from: crusader2010 on November 26, 2018, 05:16:32 PM
Please include a "Locks" folder inside the archive for this mod. Right now it only has the main folders (about, defs etc) and it gets really annoying when you want to extract more mods at the same time (need to look for what folders/files should be in the mod, create a folder for them and move them). Thanks
This single folder is against convention. Please use correct option instead:

JT

It may be against official RARlabs/PKZIP convention, but it's in line with informal RimWorld convention. =)

graf22

Doors can be unlocked to allow enemies and prisoners to pass by (only races that have inteligence "humanlike" or above)

Not working for me, my prisoners are just sitting in their cells with the doors unlocked, tried forcing them open as well, nothing. I'm using Star wars mods.