[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonoRig

Hmmm, i thought i had Miscellaneous active at the start of this colony, and world gen, but not sure, i will try to follow that in a bit; thanks :)

Haplo

Hmm, it seems like you're correct that it doesn't seem to be added as a valid recipe.
I'll have to look into it, sorry..

JonoRig

I just destroyed the one I bought and used the dev commands ha

Haplo

Update: Thanks to JuliaEllie I have found a solution for the recipe problem.
Additionally I reduced the trader appearing chance a bit and added a few more detailed descriptions.

FurryLovingGuy

First Time Useing  Forum, so bare with me.

I am 100% certain that I had the misc active at the start of the world gen, and current game. I gen a new world every time I add or remove mods. And I know for a fact that I have the Hot Keys, as I use them often, Shift+6 is my security force. Yet, I am still unable to use the Brain Pals. Also, Could you explain how to use the nano replicator? I can't seem to figure it out, nor find the instructions in the description, or your forum. Also, is MAi in the current version of 1.8.1? As I believe I have completed all research except for the ship components. I am pretty well into the game.

Haplo

Quote from: FurryLovingGuy on December 13, 2014, 09:04:19 PM
First Time Useing  Forum, so bare with me.

I am 100% certain that I had the misc active at the start of the world gen, and current game. I gen a new world every time I add or remove mods. And I know for a fact that I have the Hot Keys, as I use them often, Shift+6 is my security force. Yet, I am still unable to use the Brain Pals. Also, Could you explain how to use the nano replicator? I can't seem to figure it out, nor find the instructions in the description, or your forum. Also, is MAi in the current version of 1.8.1? As I believe I have completed all research except for the ship components. I am pretty well into the game.

To your questions:
You should be able to use the BrainPals in 1.8.1. Before that there was a problem as my variant to add the recipes didn't work anymore.
The nano replicator needs a connected scanner. Then set the storage to what you want to replicate and wait until it's carried to the scanner. Now press start and there should be the needed amount of metal/steel be shown in the description. As long as it's active your hauler will haul the needed metal. Then it processes it and you get your copy of the item.
And no, Mai isn't out yet. I have only a little bit of time to work on my mods and she needs to wait a bit as she has the biggest amount of work open.. She'll be out soon(tm) ;)

Dude1925

I didn't find this bug here already, so here it is. When ever I put some type of clothing in nano storage it come out as a completely different material (example: Synthread to Hare Leather). I can't tell if this is a bug in the mod or simply the game being unable to remember what was put in originally.

Other than that, great mod, can't wait to get MIA back!

FurryLovingGuy

Thank you for replying to my questions. You answered them all perfectly, I had not realized that my current version was 1.8.0 and I have since updated. Again, thank you very much sir! Great Mod!

Demonlord091

Always loved these mods, but they won't be as fun without MAI.  I'll wait until the little robot is repaired then download everything again.

Keep up the good work.

kokuto

For some reason when testing this out with several other mods (I know, potential compatibility issues. I did a fair bit of troubleshooting however), I don't have the ability to research or build the Mobile AI. Everything else actually works fine.

Ded1

Kokuto, there is no MAI at this time.  It will take a lot more work to port than the rest (his words not mine)
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Hugglesgerbil

i tried to install a gun onto the Turret M, and i got this error:
JobDriver.SetupToils threw exception. Pawn=Ramos, Job=InstallWeaponOnTurretBase(A=Gun_M24Rifle56629, B=(130, 0, 137)), Exception=System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.AI.Toils_Haul.CheckForGetOpportunityDuplicate'.
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.SetupToils () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I also tried it again and removed all the other mods leaving only this one and core with a new colony.  I debug-created the turret and gun if that makes a difference.

EDIT: I also tried the Turret A base & several gun types with the same error when I click a colonist and attempt to install.

Haplo

Let me guess: Alpha 8c?
I have seen yesterday that there is a new problem with that special toil.
When I'm back home, I'll try to find some time to make an update. Sorry about that.