[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugglesgerbil

No worries!  I'm on Alpha 8d/e now.   Thanks for your work! :)

Haplo

Update 1.8.2 to fix the alpha8c/d/e problem + nano storage stuff fix + nano printer description update

Note: To use this redownload RimWorld, so you have the newest version.
Alpha 8a and 8b most likely will throw an error when using the new version!
The newest version as of today is Alpha 8e (Just redownload from your original SendOwl link)

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Haplo

Mmm I thought I didn't change anything.. Can you give me the Output_log.txt?
It should be in the subfolder  RimWorldXXX_data.

Oh did you an replacement? replace the folder of 1.8.1 with the new folder 1.8.2?
Try it with an overwrite this time. I may have removed the Locked Doors from the active folders.
You can try if that is the problem, if you copy the file from the folder ..\Defs\_Disabled into ..\Defs\ThingDefs\

Haplo

Thank you for the output_log. It really helped me finding the problem: I have assumed some savegame handling stuff wrongly. This caused a NullRefferenceException in the code as you already had a nano storage built. This should be corrected now.

The new version is up and should solve this problem. :)

kabrok

I've registered just to follow this mod's thread. Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks.
There's a limit for human intelligence. But not for dumbness.

Haplo

Thank you :) I'm always happy if someone likes my work.
And for some good news: I think Mai is nearly ready to go out into the ice or fire world.
A few last tests and maybe she'll say hello for the weekend :)

john pretzel

Nice mod! I've so far tried the weapon mounts and they're great. Combined with some weapon mods it's fantastic. I have to try the rest of your work in future plays.

indodino

kabrok

@Haplo

I'm almost giving birth to a child here (I'm a man).

Don't be so mean with us! We are waiting the working version!

There's a limit for human intelligence. But not for dumbness.

Dragoon

for some reason when I use this mod I can't build doors :(
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Haplo

Ok, ok, here is the first Alpha 8 version of Mai.
I didn't really have time to do as much testing as I hoped I could do, but the basics are working.
Now I just have to find a bit more worktime in all of the x-mas chaos here...

Quote from: Dragoon on December 21, 2014, 11:47:20 AM
for some reason when I use this mod I can't build doors :(
Oh, that is strange. Especially as the locked door mod part shouldn't be active..
Do you have it activated? And how exactly can't you build doors anymore? Can you select them, but not place them? Are they missing in the menu itself?

Haplo

Copy the locked doors file from ..\Defs\_Disabled\ into the ..\Defs\ThingDefs\ folder.
afterwards every new door should have the second locking state button.

Dragoon

[quote author=Haplo link=topic=3612.msg83880
Oh, that is strange. Especially as the locked door mod part shouldn't be active..
Do you have it activated? And how exactly can't you build doors anymore? Can you select them, but not place them? Are they missing in the menu itself?
[/quote]

I see them in the menu I click build they grab the materials go over and when it's finished it just poof is not there. (I don't get the materials back either)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.