[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

equitime77

Fish Industry looks fun, I will have to check it out when it comes out in b18. I wonder if it will take the fish from your mod?

dburgdorf

Quote from: equitime77 on December 07, 2017, 03:51:05 PMFish Industry looks fun, I will have to check it out when it comes out in b18. I wonder if it will take the fish from your mod?

No, it won't. Not without patches, anyway. First and foremost, fish are handled very differently in the two mods. In FishIndustry, they're actually defined as pawns, just like the animals you find wandering on the map, even though they never actually appear in the game until dead. In "Fishing," the fish are simply defined as objects, as it seemed much easier, and avoids a lot of unnecessary XML.

(Though I have to admit, the interaction between FishIndustry and a mod which allows any type of animal to be used in a manhunter pack can be amusing, as the idea of a school of fish crossing the dry landscape in search of human flesh is just hilarious.)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

kaptain_kavern

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on December 07, 2017, 04:30:52 PM
(Though I have to admit, the interaction between FishIndustry and a mod which allows any type of animal to be used in a manhunter pack can be amusing, as the idea of a school of fish crossing the dry landscape in search of human flesh is just hilarious.)

Yes it is .. sadly I no longer have the screenshots to prove it  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Configurable Maps has been updated:

- It is now possible to define the total number of factions that should be present on a world map, as well as to remove certain faction types or adjust various faction types' relative abundance.

- Tiles on the world map can now be set to have a maximum of eight different stone types instead of just five, if for some reason you feel the need to have that many different types of stone readily available.

- This mod's settings for number and variety of stone types on world map tiles should now take precedence over similar settings in other mods, regardless of load order.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: dburgdorf on December 09, 2017, 12:51:22 PM

- It is now possible to define the total number of factions that should be present on a world map, as well as to remove certain faction types or adjust various faction types' relative abundance.

Holy crap, this is such an awesome update! Thank you so much for this and all of your other mods, I love your work and am very appreciative!

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on December 09, 2017, 12:51:22 PM

- Tiles on the world map can now be set to have a maximum of eight different stone types instead of just five, if for some reason you feel the need to have that many different types of stone readily available.

You are so awesome, it's beyond words ..

RyanRim

Cant play without the bun-bun mod anymore. You should totally make more bird types though, the ducks look cool. Also just started testing concrete, pretty tough grind cause I havent got FF, but the walls look better than steel lol

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

dburgdorf

Last update: 12/12/2017

This is an unofficial b18 update of RimRue's "Tribal Essentials" mod. All original credit goes to her!

This mod adds new tribal items for those players who want to play a tribal scenario and who don't want to rush into research. It includes joy items, production spots for butchering, brewing, art, tailoring, stonecutting and researching, a smokepit, a stone oven, psychoid tea, cooked eggs, popcorn, and art, apparel, walls and flooring.

Basic work benches are now attached to a "Work Benches" research that isn't given to tribal groups at game start, making the "primitive" versions of those benches more useful.

NOTE: If you want a truly tribal game, consider also using my update of Rue's "Tribal Raiders" to add a hostile tribal faction to the game, and my "Faction Control" mod to remove the outlander, pirate and mechanoid factions!

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Things Added to the Game:

Apparel -- Woven Hats and Cloaks (made from dried grass or pounded bark); Muffalo Headdress (an impressive hat which yields a small Social boost); Tribal Helmet (a wooden tribal helmet that requires "Tribal Warfare" research); Tribal Armor (a tough hide coat with wooden slat armor that requires "Tribal Warfare" research).

Furniture -- Double Sleeping Spot (for couples); Storage Box (a place to hide ugly items or to protect perishable items from the elements).

Items -- Cooked eggs (since you can't use eggs in pemmican); Crafting Basket (a tribal version of the toolchest, made from hay, which boosts production speed); Large and Small Rugs; Large and Small Totems; Patchwork Leather (a low quality leather patched together from scraps at a crafting spot); Popcorn (gives joy, but not much nutrition); Psychoid Tea (a social drug that can also help fight disease); Smoked meat (preserved meat, which can be eaten "as is" or made into pemmican); Urns and Decorative Pots.

Joy Objects -- Three Stones Game (a tribal version of chess); Tribal Lore Fire (a place for tribals to gather, share stories, and gain a small Social skill boost).

Production -- Art, Brewing, Butchering, Researching, Stonechipping and Tailoring Spots; Smokepit (a small fire used to make smoked meat); Stone Oven (a primitive oven, better than a campfire for cooking food).

Security -- Earthen Mounds (more protection than rock chunks, but not as much as sandbags); Pitfall Trap (a deep pit with sharp spikes that requires "Basic Traps" research).

Walls and Floors -- Barn Board Floor (uses less wood to build); Log Walls (like wood walls, but with a log texture); Rough Paving (uses less stone to build); Random Paving (requires "Stonecutting" research).

Compatibility:

So far as I'm aware, this mod doesn't conflict with any other mods. Adding it to a game in progress should be fine, though you may find yourself having to train a new research or two that you would have started with had the mod already been installed at the beginning of your game. Given how much it adds, though, I wouldn't suggest trying to remove it from a game in progress.

Credits:

Obviously, credit is due to RimRue, the creator of the original a17 version of the mod!

The mod also borrows bits and pieces from 3DGrunge (Tribal Armor Breastplates), Bacon Bits (Pitfall Traps), CuproPanda (Earthen Mounds), ItchyFlea (Log Walls), MasterDihtung (Pottery), Mouf (Psychoid Tea and Patchwork Leather), Tammabanana (Smokepit), Telkir (Stone and Wood Floors) and TrueDestroyer (Double Sleeping Spot).

The mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)

Special Note:

I've attempted to contact RimRue to gain her approval for this update, but have not yet received any response from her. However, as she's logged into the Ludeon forums since my messages were sent, I assume she has read them and is aware of what I've done.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Last update: 12/31/2017

This is an unofficial b18 update of RimRue's "Tribal Raiders" mod. All original credit goes to her!

This mod adds a new "tribal raider" faction. Like pirates, tribal raiders raid you just because they can, and cannot be appeased with silver or by releasing prisoners. Be forewarned, worlds which include tribal raider factions can be quite hostile to newcomers!

NOTE: If you want a truly tribal game, consider also using my update of Rue's "Tribal Essentials" to improve the tribal start experience, and my "Faction Control" mod to remove the outlander, pirate and mechanoid factions!

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

You shouldn't see any compatibility issues with this mod. You can add it to a game in progress, but unless you're using Orion's "Faction Discovery" mod, you won't see tribal raiders added to the game. Trying to remove it from a game in progress which includes any tribal raider factions will, of course, make the game unplayable.

Credits:

Obviously, credit is due to RimRue, the creator of the original a17 version of the mod!

Special Note:

I've attempted to contact RimRue to gain her approval for this update, but have not yet received any response from her. However, as she's logged into the Ludeon forums since my messages were sent, I assume she has read them and is aware of what I've done.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Changes in the update from Rue's a17 version of "Tribal Essentials":

- Removed blanket beds, since vanilla's bedrolls now fill the same purpose.

- Also removed the "hoop and arrows" game, as it's virtually identical to vanilla's new "hoopstone ring" game.

- Vanilla deadfall traps now require the "Basic Traps" research, just as do pitfall traps.

- Basic work benches are now attached to a "Work Benches" research not given to tribal groups at game start, making the "primitive" versions of those benches more useful.

- Similarly, billiards, chess and poker tables are now attached to a "Gaming" research, also not given to tribal groups at game start.

- The early portion of the research tree has been adjusted a bit to better accommodate the new researches added by this mod.

Changes in the update from Rue's a17 version of "Tribal Raiders":

- Removed the dependencies upon either "Humanoid Alien Races" or "Editable Backstories." The mod can now be used solely on its own.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

wwWraith

Is it possible to make (probably optional) some archipelago maps with coastal linings, mb even completely surrounded by water? I know it could make defending a lot easier, but I'd want to try such "really" island experience ;)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

Santa dburgdorf,
what happen to you, are you like me who don't celebrate xmas, that you need to mod like crazy before these days ?

But these tribal updates are a nice present, do you plan to update the "tribal planet" too ?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on December 11, 2017, 03:19:03 AM
Santa dburgdorf,
what happen to you, are you like me who don't celebrate xmas, that you need to mod like crazy before these days ?

But these tribal updates are a nice present, do you plan to update the "tribal planet" too ?

He doesn't need to ..
Configurable Maps includes this feature now :

(4) Factions Settings:

You can define the total number of factions which should appear on your map (anywhere from 3 to 30), as well as
individually adjust the minimum number of factions of each type which should be present, even removing some if you prefer.
So you could, for example, play on a planet without without any tribal factions, or without any outlanders, or with nothing but factions added by mods, or on a planet with no pirates, or perhaps on a planet on which the only factions are pirate factions.

Canute

True, didn't complete read that phrase, just notice you can adjust how many factions.

Maybe he should mention this feature at the Tribal essenction description.