[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Hmm the last bulk good caravan wanted to buy polenta.
I think it count as resources not as meal.
While baked polenta is a meal.

asquirrel

That's weird.  'Cuz my guys and gals are eating polenta and lovin' every minute of it like Loverboy.  I bet they would have bought it if it was bacon.  Hey, can someone make a bacon recipe?  Then I could make bacon and eggs and my pawns would be really happy. :)

dismar

Quote from: Canute on January 13, 2018, 03:49:53 PM
dismar,
i just took a first look at the soylent, and i asked myself why does i should use it ?
Soylent green/blue  100 meat * 0,03 nut. vs. 20 soylent * 0,05 nut.
It destroy alot of nutri and for what ? Is there are hiddne bonus/mood i don't saw yet ?
Ok soylent green/purple is good for bad mood meat, but salting meat need less work and keep the same amount of nutri. And salt shouldn't be a big problem.

My suggestion, you use corpses for the production of Soylent, and you are geting half the corpse nutri into Soylent.
Since you need to do research, and the table need power it is just fair.
Maybe a side effect, no bad mood for butchering humans (adv. soylent research).

Canute! I really haven't looked into the balance of the mod! Someone else rewrote it. :) But I can look into it.

The nexus link is fully up to date. As another mirror.

Quote from: asquirrel on January 18, 2018, 02:59:24 PM
Hey Dismar!
I'm not able to sell polenta to the traders.  I can sell grilled polenta and baked polenta but not plain old polenta.  Could you give me some troubleshooting tips in case I should be able to do it?  Thanks! :)
Should be able to Bulk trade it. But I'll see if there are any issues and maybe expand into other traders.

Quote from: sulusdacor on January 20, 2018, 11:10:04 AM
fixed the linked textures of hydro+planter:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1w9ns9nbhmkmbco/VGP_Tools_b18%20sd%20edit%20hydro%20linked.7z?dl=0

folder with the art stuff: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6z63gt98q2ac5px/vgp_tools_set.7z?dl=0

Was there an issue with it? i'm not sure !

asquirrel

Thanks Dismar into looking into it for me.  Could you let me know when you modify your awesome mod to other traders?  Maybe I'm having some kind of mod conflict. I sell my food to traders but honestly, I get happy when I see my pawns having variety in their diet.  Especially when I can give them cookies, ice cream, yogurt and smoothies.  I need to start making them soda too.  Hey, I haven't made them tacos yet.  I think your mod has tacos, because I find them sometimes from a random cargo drop. :)

sulusdacor

Quote from: dismar on January 20, 2018, 01:29:40 PM
Was there an issue with it? i'm not sure !

the linked textures changed from a16 to a17 from size 256x256 to 320x320 resolution, having some borders basicly. (you still have 64x64 squares.) so you just have to readjust the textures, cutting out the 64x64 pieces and putting them in the new 320x - thats what i did. if you dont that the  256x textures still work (you get no error), but it cuts out borders basicly and looks funky. so technicly no issue in terms of it working properly, but optics matter^^ since i wanted to use the adv hydros in my playthrough and could not stand that, i did that for myself.

for comparison what i mean. i had the problem in with mechanical walls. if you look at the embrasures you see the difference with the missing borders:
256x256: https://i.imgur.com/ehpZbXQ.png
320x320: https://i.imgur.com/vlZx2el.png

otherwise great mod. love vegetable garden and one of the ones i usally use when playing myself. kepp up the good work ;)
cya

dismar

Interesting sulusdacor! and thank you.

dismar,
i just took a first look at the soylent, and i asked myself why does i should use it ?
It destroy a lot of nutri and for what ? Is there are hidden bonus/mood i don't saw yet ?
OK soylent green/purple is good for bad mood meat, but salting meat need less work and keep the same amount of nutri. And salt shouldn't be a big problem.

I have looked into this! And the recipe label is misleading. You get 1 for 1 on all soylent production. So the bulk recipe takes 100 meat 0.05 nuts. and makes 100 soylents with 0.05 nuts. You remove all bad moods from certain meats and foods. And they take 120 game days to rot. From what i see.. seems ok?

Canute

Quote from: dismar on January 21, 2018, 04:15:29 PM
dismar,
It destroy a lot of nutri and for what ? Is there are hidden bonus/mood i don't saw yet ?
OK soylent green/purple is good for bad mood meat, but salting meat need less work and keep the same amount of nutri. And salt shouldn't be a big problem.

I have looked into this! And the recipe label is misleading. You get 1 for 1 on all soylent production. So the bulk recipe takes 100 meat 0.05 nuts. and makes 100 soylents with 0.05 nuts. You remove all bad moods from certain meats and foods. And they take 120 game days to rot. From what i see.. seems ok?
You are right.
I even mislooked at the nutri. of the meat.
But at last the recipe label is wrong ! :-)

Since the rot factor isn't that important anymore, normaly people got a freezer at these state of research.
Like at the movie, the soylent process should use corpses not meat.
Maybe change it from a workbench into fermention barrels.

But since i am wrong with the nutri, that mod is good to remove the bad mood, and mass preservation food.
No need for a freezer anymore when you got your room full of soylent.

henk

Could you add all of your mods to the modsync database?

Thanks!

Kori

Some things I have noticed:

When I'm using the fermenting barrels, the progress bar remains completely empty (only the empty grey status bar background without the brown part that turns yellow over time) unless the barrel is 100% full.
As soon as it is full, the brown part of the bar appears as usual.
There are no log errors. Any ideas what this could be?

The electric oven should have electricity as a research requirement.
Also it should be crafted with stone like the unpowered version instead of only steel.
Maybe
    <costList>
      <Component>2</Component>
      <Steel>20</Steel>
    </costList>
   <stuffCategories>
      <li>Stony</li>
    </stuffCategories>
    <costStuffCount>60</costStuffCount>

When you right click the food prep table, the forced job description says "canning". Is this intended?

dismar

The barrels sometimes will do that. It's not a huge issue and doesn't break the game so I have not pushed it back to the authors code.

In the current unreleased I have the issues of Electric stove electricity research and food prep table work verb has already been addressed. Thanks to others pointing it out.

The electric oven I did put thought into when I wrote it. It's not an upgrade to the stone. Its a modern oven and so I coded it as only metal.

Kubouch

Hi, I am the author of Universal Fermenter.

First of all, it is not a progress bar :D. It is more of a 'fullness-progress bar'. It displays how full the fermenter is. The color is brown when the product is not ready and turns yellow when it's finished.

I had this issue with the bar before but it should be fixed already in a17.6.0. Make sure you have the latest version. Although old a17 versions shouldn't work on b18 at all...

Personally, I couldn't reproduce this bug with my mods but I didn't test VG. Are there any other comps loaded with UniversalFermenter? How about if you include only one UniversalFermenter comp? There might be conflicts between different comps.

I am having a RimWorld break right now. However, there are things popping out so I think I'll review UF and give it a new version at some point in a relatively near feature. I added this to my list of issues to make sure it will be addressed in the next version.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kubouch on February 04, 2018, 04:15:12 PM
I am having a RimWorld break right now. However, there are things popping out so I think I'll review UF and give it a new version at some point in a relatively near feature.

Dude, you're awesome :)

If only all mod authors cared this much!

dismar

Quote from: Kubouch on February 04, 2018, 04:15:12 PM
Hi, I am the author of Universal Fermenter.

First of all, it is not a progress bar :D. It is more of a 'fullness-progress bar'. It displays how full the fermenter is. The color is brown when the product is not ready and turns yellow when it's finished.

I had this issue with the bar before but it should be fixed already in a17.6.0. Make sure you have the latest version. Although old a17 versions shouldn't work on b18 at all...

Personally, I couldn't reproduce this bug with my mods but I didn't test VG. Are there any other comps loaded with UniversalFermenter? How about if you include only one UniversalFermenter comp? There might be conflicts between different comps.

I am having a RimWorld break right now. However, there are things popping out so I think I'll review UF and give it a new version at some point in a relatively near feature. I added this to my list of issues to make sure it will be addressed in the next version.

Haha yeah I took the coding and updated it to 18. I believe it was based on the last a17 coding you wrote. I sent you a message a while back. Asking for permission to do all that. There are no errors run multi version of the UF coding as most of them where customized for each of my mods they are in.

isavegas

Could you replace the `’` character in the About.xml for VGP Garden Drinks with a regular single quote mark? It looks like your text editor (Word/WordPad?) is using a "private use two" character instead of the single quote. It's causing encoding issues due to not being within the UTF-8 charset that your XML file is promising you adhere to. :)

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/92/index.htm