[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Even it is a nice idea, but don't you think it is a bit overpowered ?

Roolo

Quote from: Canute on July 11, 2018, 04:31:03 PM
Even it is a nice idea, but don't you think it is a bit overpowered ?

Might appear so. It certainly looks that way in the teaser, but
both pawns there have maxed skills, power armour and excellent + legendary weapons so that exaggerates things a bit. But more importantly, like you're used to it with Giddy-up, the enemies will also sometimes ride mechs, making up for things. Also, due to their maintenance costs and need to be charged, mechs cannot be used all the time.

With those things considered, I don't think it'll make the game easier, at least not in my hands. Instead it'll be just more varied/crazy.

Mightycucumber

Really quick question: Ive recently started playing Rimworld and after playing some sessions of the vanilla game I'm finally starting to get some useful mods. Question is, are these mods compatible with Orion's Hospitality? I've read somewhere that they might not run along very well together, but no one pointed out what exactly the problem was.

Thanks in advance, and awesome mod bundle you have here! ;)

Canute

There was some minor issues with early version.
But no issues are reported lately. Latest B18 version work's well with Hospitality.

Mightycucumber

Good to know! It'd be a shame is such incredible mods didn't work simultaneously. :P By the way, is there any specific load order between them or placing the above or under each other yields the same results?

Thanks for the fast response ;)

Roolo

Quote from: Mightycucumber on July 13, 2018, 05:15:59 PM
Good to know! It'd be a shame is such incredible mods didn't work simultaneously. :P By the way, is there any specific load order between them or placing the above or under each other yields the same results?

Thanks for the fast response ;)

Load order doesn't matter, as long as the load order of the Giddy-up! mods themselves is correct (so Hugslib on top, then Giddy-up! Core, and then the other Giddy-up submods).

evilcats

Is their any way in xml to make my animal have obedience by default or a flag to let you be able to mount them without the training?

Roolo

Quote from: evilcats on July 22, 2018, 04:24:02 AM
Is their any way in xml to make my animal have obedience by default or a flag to let you be able to mount them without the training?

Not with XML, but a small harmony patch in c# would do. I could help you with that if you need any help. Just PM me on discord or steam.

Ruisuki

is this compatible with facial stuff? iirc back in may there was some sort of issue?

Roolo

Quote from: Ruisuki on July 23, 2018, 12:51:49 AM
is this compatible with facial stuff? iirc back in may there was some sort of issue?

I don't think so. I had contact with killface about it, and he said he would look into it but had other higher priority things to do first. The mod hasn't been updated since then if I'm not mistaken so I don't think it's fixed yet. You can however use the legacy version of facial stuff without problems.

Roolo

The latest 1.0 unstable build completely broke most Giddy-up mods. I've just uploaded fixes.

Update:
Giddy-up! Core -> v1.0.3
Giddy-up! Battle Mounts -> v1.0.3
Giddy-up! Ride and Roll -> v1.0.3
Giddy-up! Ride and Roll -> v1.0.1

- Fixed latest 1.0 build breaking the mod entirely

Make sure to update all these mods to the latest version!

Canute

Hmm i think we should open some bet's, how long it takes until Tynan&Co breaks again the mods :-)
Honestly, much respect to all modder which do these job while the unstable periode.
Much other would just left these unstable nitroglycerin and wait to become stable dynamite.

DaBlupp

Hey Roolo, two of your fixes were not uploaded correctly, Giddy-Up! Caravan is still at version 1.0.0 and Giddy-Up! Ride and Roll is at version 1.0.1 on your GitHub page.

Roolo

Update:
Giddy-up! Core -> 1.0.4. Fixed rotation of animal not working properly when the rider is drafted.

I accidentally pushed some unfinished code to the previous update that broke the rotation of mounted animals. That's fixed in the latest release. 

Quote from: DaBlupp on July 25, 2018, 07:53:42 PM
Hey Roolo, two of your fixes were not uploaded correctly, Giddy-Up! Caravan is still at version 1.0.0 and Giddy-Up! Ride and Roll is at version 1.0.1 on your GitHub page.

Actually, Giddy-up! Caravan didn't need any updating, so that's why I didn't update it ^^. As for Giddy-up! Ride and Roll: I did release an update, but it's version number is 1.0.1 (not as much updates needed in the past), so I only made a slight mistake in the forum post. Download 1.0.1 and you're fine. I'll correct my post earlier so the version number is correct there.

Quote from: Canute on July 24, 2018, 09:10:38 AM
Hmm i think we should open some bet's, how long it takes until Tynan&Co breaks again the mods :-)
Honestly, much respect to all modder which do these job while the unstable periode.
Much other would just left these unstable nitroglycerin and wait to become stable dynamite.

Haha, I bet 5 more days till the next explosion. I didn't expect unstable to be this unstable. The last B18 unstable was really the opposite, and was also in the unstable  period for a much shorter time. But now I'll just keep updating. I don't want to ruin current playthroughs of people that use my mods. And also, I don't know how much time I'll have when the final 1.0 version drops, so it's comforting for me to have everything ready for then. And finally, I'm also playing 1.0 sometimes, and I like to have my mods enabled and working when I do.

Syrchalis

Giddy-up Caravan needs an update. I think it's not compatible with the newest harmony version. While a recompile fixes the error message it doesn't actually work again.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.