(ALPHA 5c) ZZCOMP Compatibility mod 0.1 + ZZCOMPTrader Tradekind Compatibility!

Started by Jerethi50, July 08, 2014, 05:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerethi50

ZZCOMP

ZZCOMP simply combines the mapgen files from the following mods (All mods are REQUIRED) Activate ZZCOMP Last, if you activate something after ZZCOMP Deactivate and then reactivate ZZCOMP to ensure compatability.

Again (All mods are REQUIRED)

Base Mod
Map Generator Pack v1.21(BASE MOD VERSION!!!)
Colonist Creation Mod v1.2
Meteorite Mod

Download ZZCOMP here!
This will allow all features added by the mapgen of these mods to work together. I will add more mods to the mix as required. I will also add mods that need traderkinddef merges as they show up. and for the final time Again (All mods are REQUIRED) :P

ZZCOMPTrader

This combines Traderdefkind xml files from the following mods (All mods are REQUIRED)

Base Mod
T's Mods (Cotton)
T's Mods (BetterCrops)
You can use whatever version you want, but you must have a cotton and a better crops folder minimally.

Download ZZCOMPTrader here!

Also I am working on a MUCH larger Combination Modpack, wich will combine many useful mods and make them work well together, for example, it will include new plant and food types from several mods, and include Resource Kompression, And those new food types will be packable into crates. That mod is a ways off from being finished though so I decided to start this little simple mod to allow people to play more of the big mods together. So as those bigger mods get updated to alpha 5 check here for updates.

Cala13er

Yeah, I agree with Itchy, due to the fact you have used mods without permission this should not of been published/re-distributed without permission from ALL mod owners. Tynan has removed packs due to this before.

ItchyFlea

Oops. Accidentally clicked remove on my post. :-[

What I was going to change it to is this:
Would have been nice to know about this. (It's allowed according to the licence, but still would have been nice to know.)
Also please follow the terms of the licence. My bad, you have done this.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Jerethi50

Uhh, I have asked all people my little compatibility patch uses files from permission to make a larger more encompassing compilation mod using their mods, I did not think this small in the meantime thing would be an issue o.O, if i have somehow slighted you itchy i am most sorry. Also if i am not following some license in some way please let me know and explain to me how I can be doing so. The licenses confuse me a bit to be honest.

ItchyFlea

I feel like a bit of a dick. :-[ You did ask me for permission about a week ago. I am really sorry that I forgot about that.
Also, regarding the licence, providing a link to my mod's thread is all that is required, which is something that you have done.
Again, I am sorry for accusing you of not contacting me about this, as you did contact me.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Jerethi50

Quote from: ItchyFlea on July 08, 2014, 05:24:57 PM
I feel like a bit of a dick. :-[ You did ask me for permission about a week ago. I am really sorry that I forgot about that.
Also, regarding the licence, providing a link to my mod's thread is all that is required, which is something that you have done.
Again, I am sorry for accusing you of not contacting me about this, as you did contact me.

Please don't feel like a dick, Technically this isn't what i contacted you about, I'm working on a much larger compilation mod, this was a quicker, smaller release just to make a few mods playable together while everyone waits for the big boys to get updated, like betterpower++ and the like. And i DID fail to contact you specifically about this smaller release, So its quite understandable for you to be a bit surprised and confused. Sorry for that, and thank you for being understanding, and for the advice on the license.

JKTD1919

Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

JKTD1919

Is it possible for this to be included with Base Mod for the sake of simplicity?
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

Jerethi50

Ahh, Probably not, I'm sure they don't want their framework mod to have mod dependencies hehe. This is also a non optimal temporary fix, The ideal solution would be to find a way for these mods to include Mapgen changes and Traderkind changes without actually touching those files or previously existing definitions of those types, somehow being able to add entrys to the mapgen or directly to the traderkind defs with a assembly perhaps, But i dont know enough about the assembleys yet to work it out on my own.

Jerethi50

I havent really gotten much feedback guys, seems like a lot of views but not many comments, Is everything working ok ? has anyone ran into any issues ? I wanna hear some feedback, Also let me know if you guys come across any mods that use Mapgendef or TraderkindDef files and ill try to include them in the pack.

sidfu

this realy needs a non base mod version cause right now base mod is useless till they update industral rim and such mods that use the ores from industral. forgot to mention it worked fine that i can tell

Jerethi50

Quote from: sidfu on July 13, 2014, 04:51:04 AM
this realy needs a non base mod version cause right now base mod is useless till they update industral rim and such mods that use the ores from industral. forgot to mention it worked fine that i can tell

The basemod ores can be saved for later, or can be sold to certain  traders.
Im not really planning on makeing a version without basemod, But i suppose if enough people ask for it i will consider it.

Smacher305

Mod works like a charm, turns a broken from mods game into a playable one lol. any chance it could fix the incompatibility between colonist creation and tech tree minami? i noticed that activating zz comp after both mods DOES make the game work, but since colonist creation effectively disables the initial colonist spawns(thereby removing the drop pods, rock rubble, and the crt that should spawn in minami) the player has no way of advancing in the game as they can't build a research table.

Thank you for the mod, it works great(and modding is half the fun to me, so it's extremely welcome and useful lol)

Jerethi50

Unfortunately I havent been able to make a zzcomp for techtree specificaly because colonist creation seems to remove the drop pods, I suppose i could cheat a bit and just leave the breakdown components laying around, add that to the mapgen, Ill think about a possible solution, and of course ask the appropriate mod author (forget the name at the moment) for permission.