[1.3] Ammo Tweaks for CE

Started by Sladki, January 20, 2019, 03:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sladki

Ammo Tweaks for Combat Extended

Description:
Personally, I had two problems with CE ammo: having to craft only few times and tons of HE toys on traders. This is an attempt to shift focus on ammo a little bit. Things that the mod changes:

• Ammo is like a currency. There is no minimal price (0.50$) on it, trade multiplier is 15% (instead of 40%).
  • Traders pack animals are not army trucks full of mortar shells anymore. Arriving traders will try to not bring exploding stuff for sale.
  • All traders ammo stocks are significantly lower. Relations with factions affect available ammo supply of their traders.
  • Ammo recipes output decreased by 25 times. Most of them require chemfuel.

Download
[1.3] Dropbox | MediaFire
[1.2] Dropbox | MediaFire
[1.1] Dropbox | MediaFire
[1.0] Dropbox | MediaFire

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Should be compatible with other mods. Does not require new save and can be safely deleted from existing.

temple_wing

Why ammo crafting requires chemfuel?

Sladki

Quote from: temple_wing on January 20, 2019, 09:05:17 PM
To make recipes more complex and find usage for chemfuel. For most of the ammo, 50 chemfuel for 1000 shots.

FalkrimWright

Quote from: temple_wing on January 20, 2019, 09:05:17 PM

Chemfuel used for gunpowder analogue synthesis, if think logically

Kirby23590

Makes sense, but i would like to have some more Ammunition,

Full Metal Jacket is Stronger true, but i think rather have regular steel ammunition which should be cheaper than FMJ and doesn't make sense why everyone is making them when FMJ is Expensive IRL...

Or make Plasteel 5.56 ammunition or Snakeshot .45 ACP or High Velocity .50 BMG...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Canute

FMJ should have higher armor penetration, but doing less damage since it don't deform/split like regular ammo.
But against target's with good armor it is doing better damage then regular ammo, since the regular get blocked more.

Kirby23590

Quote from: Canute on January 21, 2019, 03:56:21 AM
FMJ should have higher armor penetration, but doing less damage since it don't deform/split like regular ammo.
But against target's with good armor it is doing better damage then regular ammo, since the regular get blocked more.

True, it will be easy to make lots of Regular ammunition, but then you get guys with Tougher Armor and thus you have to make the more expensive or buy Armor Piercing or FMJ, and heck, Plasteel Bullets... :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Sladki

Quote from: Kirby23590 on January 21, 2019, 03:10:37 AM
Makes sense, but i would like to have some more Ammunition,

Full Metal Jacket is Stronger true, but i think rather have regular steel ammunition which should be cheaper than FMJ and doesn't make sense why everyone is making them when FMJ is Expensive IRL...

Or make Plasteel 5.56 ammunition or Snakeshot .45 ACP or High Velocity .50 BMG...
I think that CE FMJ is regular ammo, and CE AP is FMJ irl:
* Crafting AP requires more steel (in order to extract necessary hard components, I guess, since Rimworld steel is not just steel). It also takes more time to craft. AP damage less than FMJ and has higher penetration.
* FMJ requires less time than AP and HP, the same materials as HP to craft.
* .50 BMG AP (Sabot) requires uranium for crafting.

Stinkycat752

FMJ, is just, basic, ball ammunition
most modern ammunition as far as I'm aware is FMJ; in the case of handguns, JHP hollow point functions worse in a penetration standpoint because that's its function, to not over penetrate, not because it isnt coated in a metal jacket

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow-point_bullet

and a tendency to over penetrate a unarmored target, doesn't necessarily mean it has better penetration
https://youtu.be/ygaSMeTh-f0?t=1m45s
https://youtu.be/Z5rxq7ZXVws?t=8m45s

basically what I believe is if you think .45 colt is going to go through so much as a frying pan stapled to the forehead of a tribal you're probably wrong no matter the ammunition without some luck or several follow up shots; AP ammo or not its not practical, think smaller, 9mm or rifle caliber for penetration, like the rest of the world did

I guess take me speechin with some salt, Im not even close to an expert with this stuff; dont know much about powders and grains and whatnow
Abomination Imagination

Kori

Can you make all features optional, please?

Kori

Mersid

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's not working?

Sladki

Quote from: Mersid on February 10, 2019, 04:31:30 AM
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's not working?
Recipe tweak and ammo price both?

Mersid

Hm, I have not checked the ammo price thing, but for the recipe tweak, it does not work. I have tried setting the mod order (so it loads before/after CE), and also reinstalling both. Neither fixed it. I can confirm the mod loads by the mod's config menu being available, but afaik tweaking the ammo multiplier does nothing. Just to confirm, even with this mod, the loading bench is the primary method to make ammo, right?