If the game won't start properly

Started by Tynan, July 16, 2014, 04:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lobstercraft

The Delete_RimWorld_Registry_entries.reg link seems to be broken

Canute

Enter at the windows search field "regedit" and start it.
Use the search function from regedit and search for Ludeon.
Delete the complete Rimworld .... entry.
Close regedit.

Lobstercraft

Ok thanks. Wanted to make a full wipe when testing the unstable build

RoyTra

I made all things but game not start. I already take black screen??? on my laptop I dont have graphics card. How can I fix that?? I use win7 and pc ACER

Canute

If you laptop only got desktop (2d) graphic's and no 3d grafik abilities you can't run Rimworld.
Sometimes the laptop use a 3d emulation software to have a minimum graphics.
Since you got Win7 i think it is a very old one, do you got the minimum resulution of 1024x768 ?
Did you got DirectX installed ?
Latest graphic driver ?

And at last maybe post the error log, that maybe show why it won't start.
Look at point 6 how to locate the log.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

jxavier

Okay so I found a fix for me on Ubuntu and an older laptop, it seems my laptop was using an older version of OpenGL when trying to launch the game due to my old intel graphics card, but to fix that I launched with the following from the console:

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=330 ./start_rimworld_openglfix.sh

Obviously either make sure you are either in the right folder or complete the directory to point to your start rimworld script.

This will only work if you use the MESA drivers.

RoyTra

this problem is after I downloaded some modes on workshop. Now what I need to did I did but It's not working. I deleted all saves all modes and the game but allready not work.

milon

Quote from: RoyTra on July 11, 2018, 04:27:11 PM
this problem is after I downloaded some modes on workshop. Now what I need to did I did but It's not working. I deleted all saves all modes and the game but allready not work.

So it worked before, and it's broken now?  We can fix that.  :)
Please post your log file so we can help figure out what happened.  Unless you installed Steam to a different folder, your log file is probably here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\output_log.txt

HEXIC308

nvm fixed it

Kassidoo

Hi,  my game is refusing to run in dx11 and keeps running out of memory, Ive tried updating video driver and everything but it refuses to run in dx 11. I even tried to force it, but then it crashed

Canute

Kassidoo,
could you please read
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0
and post an error log, maybe there we can get some hints.

Kassidoo

There is no specific circumstance that causes dx9 to run as far as I can see, my driver and everything is updated. Even my gf next to me with different hardware it runs on dx9. Only thing in common is win10 and our gpu 1080.

Relating to the crash, its the disgusting "RimWorldWin.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)" which from my understanding has no fix.
The game works fine for hours upon hours, but if I save it and reload, its a gamble if I ever can get back in my game as it crashes within 5 min with this every time. So far the only workaround I have found is to try every outsave and hope one works.

This is my log https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tj5msktq4ooxbs8/AAB3QaX4X7CR9_t7OyagHKipa?dl=0

As for the save, its modded so I dont know what good it would do without all the same mods and loadorder

Edit: And every crash I get has the same "Read from location 00000010 caused an access violation." so its the same thing going on every time.

Canute

Like i thought.
It has nothing to do with DX11, Rimworld still just use DX9c.
It is the typical too many mods out of memory issue maybe together with larger then normal map/world.
Sorry no chance to help for your current colony except you want to play at Linux (which is the only version which got 64bit Rimworld).
But with the upcoming version we all get 64bit, and can handle that many mods without running out of memory.

And btw. when did you got a black screen ?

Kassidoo

How is it out of memory? It is only using 30%, and also that isnt a good answer as my so next to me with the exact same amount of mods doesnt have this issue.

Canute

30% of what ? You total RAM ? It doesn't matter.
Rimworld B18 is a 32 bit application and can only address 3.2GB RAM, doesn't matter how much you got installed.
Did you maybe increase the map or worldsize with your current colony, which have a big influence on the memory usage.
Multiple colonies or many Temp. maps also increase the memory need.
Zombieland is another big mod that need alot of memory, but it is hard to remove.

If you can load the safegame you can try to add RuntimeGC mod, to clear unneeded pawns and things and reclaim memory from time to time.