[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Hjkma

Quote from: NinjaSiren on August 17, 2019, 07:54:22 AMCan I see your in-game console when CE is disabled and Yes, Vehicles, Finally! is running?
What for? Yes, Vehicles, Finally! comes with a CE patch, if I run it without CE, will there be a bunch of red errors. Maybe you want to see the log when Pulsefire is on without CE and there are no red errors in the debug log?

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on August 17, 2019, 08:03:25 AM
Quote from: NinjaSiren on August 17, 2019, 07:54:22 AMCan I see your in-game console when CE is disabled and Yes, Vehicles, Finally! is running?
What for? Yes, Vehicles, Finally! comes with a CE patch, if I run it without CE, will there be a bunch of red errors. Maybe you want to see the log when Pulsefire is on without CE and there are no red errors in the debug log?

Yes that's the errors I am saying, that bunch of red errors. What if a player downloaded a single version of the mod where the player does not have CE installed?

And that player does not want CE. That's why I want CE as an optional mod. not a Required mod.

Combat Extended is an optional mod for Yes, Vehicles, Finally! where you can download a separate patch file for it.

Only Run and Gun is the only automatically compatible mod that is optional where patch files aren't needed.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

Quote from: NinjaSiren on August 17, 2019, 08:16:45 AM
Quote from: Hjkma on August 17, 2019, 08:03:25 AM

Yes that's the errors I am saying, that bunch of red errors. What if a player downloaded a single version of the mod where the player does not have CE installed?

And that player does not want CE. That's why I want CE as an optional mod. not a Required mod.

Combat Extended is an optional mod for Yes, Vehicles, Finally! where you can download a separate patch file for it.

Only Run and Gun is the only automatically compatible mod that is optional where patch files aren't needed.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

Hjkma

NinjaSiren, for Pulsefire CE is also an optional mod, but users are not required to download separate files, all patches are included in the mod. Did you even download the archive that I provided, make sure that there are no dll files there and that the mod runs normally without CE?

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on August 17, 2019, 08:32:39 AM
NinjaSiren, for Pulsefire CE is also an optional mod, but users are not required to download separate files, all patches are included in the mod. Did you even download the archive that I provided, make sure that there are no dll files there and that the mod runs normally without CE?

Ok ok we're ok now, my fault. Sorry for being too pushy.  :-[  :-X

https://github.com/NinjaSiren/Yes-Vehicles-finally/releases/tag/v0.7d%2BHotfix
Works with or without CE, and one zip file + credited you for the fix.

Fixed CE_Patches.xml, I found that I was using <li Class="PatchOperationMakeGunCECompatible"> then I read the XML files you sent to me, it was <li Class="PatchOperationReplace">, my mistake.

Hjkma

Ok, glad the mod is working now. For my part, there are also no red errors with and without Combat Extended. As for crediding, I can't say that I worked hard with the patch, I just spent a couple of minutes copying the XML structure of the Survival Tools patch, but I was glad to help with something.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on August 17, 2019, 10:24:00 AM
Ok, glad the mod is working now. For my part, there are also no red errors with and without Combat Extended. As for crediding, I can't say that I worked hard with the patch, I just spent a couple of minutes copying the XML structure of the Survival Tools patch, but I was glad to help with something.

I know you didn't worked hard for the patch, but I will still thank you, my ignorance and the backfire.
Expect all 4 (Forums, Nexus, Github, and Rimworld Base) you have a credit on it.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: NinjaSiren on August 16, 2019, 10:15:42 PM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on August 16, 2019, 07:08:20 PM
1. Having an issue where I try to make one of the vehicle weapons and the pawn finishes building it but nothing appears and the job isn't done.

2. As well as an issue where I'm using androids and it seems that their lack of a sleep need makes it so they are always considered to have low needs

1. Weapons with quality that goes higher than "Good" gets a JobDriver issue, I do not know why yet. But I am into that problem currently.

1. v0.7e

• Added vehicle fuel gauge.
  • Patched some weaponTags.
  • Added variety of weapon quality.
  • Fixed bug: JobDriver error when building weapon above "good" quality.

No downloads yet, maybe tomorrow?

2. Yes, this is actually part of the original JecsTools CompVehicle framework, and the updated [O21] Vehicle Framework. Your pawns needs to have positive moods and almost no needs just to operate vehicles.

I could not change that, as this is a dependency feature originally created by the JecsTools team. You can talk to neronix17 at Github here about this issue: Link

Canute

Hjkma,
even when you didn't work hard at the mod itself, you worked hard for the mod.
You just showed Ninja it is possible, so he need to look deeper and hard. And after all his skills at modding raised and he solved the problem with your inspiration ! :-)

christianmc1101

Is there an option to remove the auto jump of, its quite annoying.
Me: Jump on the tank, the colony is in danger, you will die!
Colonist: I´m very sorry for you, but I need that meal now, because I had the last one in the morning.
Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

NinjaSiren

Quote from: christianmc1101 on August 18, 2019, 05:39:54 AM
Is there an option to remove the auto jump of, its quite annoying.
Me: Jump on the tank, the colony is in danger, you will die!
Colonist: I´m very sorry for you, but I need that meal now, because I had the last one in the morning.

Can you explain more about "auto-jump", because when you want something to go in a vehicle, you will need to target the who will be the driver, then the gunner, then passenger(s).

Then pawns inside a vehicle is considered invunerable.

You can post a screenshot of the game here as well of your concern.

WolfgangPolska

I have no idea how, but it works!!!

NinjaSiren

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on August 18, 2019, 08:28:24 AM
Is there a way to repair vechicles?

Repairing vehicles are not yet possible because of an [O21] Vehicle Framework bug, but i'll try the JecsTools version of this and change this mod to use JecsTools for repairs.

[O21] Vehicle Framework bug link:Link

christianmc1101

The message on the top left says: Davidson, Priest has left the vehicle (tank) due to low needs.
He sits in there for not long 2-3 hours max.
Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

NinjaSiren

Quote from: christianmc1101 on August 18, 2019, 09:34:47 AM
The message on the top left says: Davidson, Priest has left the vehicle (tank) due to low needs.
He sits in there for not long 2-3 hours max.

That is not a bug, that's included on the original JecsTools vehicle codes that was updated by neronix17 for [O21] Vehicle Framework.

It's a way to limit pawns on staying in vehicles and a way to not make vehicles too OP by letting vehicles be always operated.

I cannot fix that, you will need to ask neronix17 and or Jecrell for their specific mods, I just use those mods so vehicles work.