[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Tocato

Quote from: NinjaSiren on August 12, 2019, 09:18:33 PM
Quote from: sidfu on August 12, 2019, 06:55:17 PM
after looking at the vid i see a few things
1. they need a random chance to explode leaving nothing or hardly anything
2. for us that use ammo for CE how that gonna work on the vehcles
3. that vech a bit to fast for the speed of the game imo.

1. For now on I cannot do C# assembly code for RimWorld, I am still learning the codes of the game. So possible randomly exploding vehicles may not happen yet on the near future.

In some of my other gameplay, if the vehicle has some people on board, the people may escape the vehicle when it reaches unusability. And sometimes it gets destroyed with occupants also killed.

Check the last vehicle alive on the video I uploaded, the people inside escaped from the vehicle but forgot that the base defences are too much.

2. The ammo I'm addressing is magically inserted and only the projectiles are used, (for the meantime no hauling ammo or putting ammo on to vehicles). Check the file in the CE patch, find <projectile> and <ammoUser>.

For the meantime, the gun is automatically loaded without any ammo in it's inventory. (Solution: similar to #1)

3. I'll check on the speed of some of the vehicles. If I could remember speed May differ from the amount of cargo/passengers, mass of it and in CE the bulk of it.
itd be a good idea to have ammo requirements for vehicles even for non CE version of the mod to prevent vehicles from being too OP. Might be easier as a stopgap too if explosions arent in the cards right now

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Tocato on August 19, 2019, 07:42:40 PM
Quote from: NinjaSiren on August 12, 2019, 09:18:33 PM
Quote from: sidfu on August 12, 2019, 06:55:17 PM
after looking at the vid i see a few things
1. they need a random chance to explode leaving nothing or hardly anything
2. for us that use ammo for CE how that gonna work on the vehcles
3. that vech a bit to fast for the speed of the game imo.

1. For now on I cannot do C# assembly code for RimWorld, I am still learning the codes of the game. So possible randomly exploding vehicles may not happen yet on the near future.

In some of my other gameplay, if the vehicle has some people on board, the people may escape the vehicle when it reaches unusability. And sometimes it gets destroyed with occupants also killed.

Check the last vehicle alive on the video I uploaded, the people inside escaped from the vehicle but forgot that the base defences are too much.

2. The ammo I'm addressing is magically inserted and only the projectiles are used, (for the meantime no hauling ammo or putting ammo on to vehicles). Check the file in the CE patch, find <projectile> and <ammoUser>.

For the meantime, the gun is automatically loaded without any ammo in it's inventory. (Solution: similar to #1)

3. I'll check on the speed of some of the vehicles. If I could remember speed May differ from the amount of cargo/passengers, mass of it and in CE the bulk of it.
itd be a good idea to have ammo requirements for vehicles even for non CE version of the mod to prevent vehicles from being too OP. Might be easier as a stopgap too if explosions arent in the cards right now

Please don't check the video, it's an outdated version of the mod.

Video: v0.7c
Current: v0.7e

Speed nerfing and bumping and the explosion occurs on the mod already.

For the meantime, CE ammo cannot be loaded but the vehicle will still shoot projectiles "infinite ammo". (Vanilla method) it just uses a specific projectile on CE.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

Tocato

Quote from: NinjaSiren on August 18, 2019, 09:57:31 AM
Quote from: christianmc1101 on August 18, 2019, 09:34:47 AM
The message on the top left says: Davidson, Priest has left the vehicle (tank) due to low needs.
He sits in there for not long 2-3 hours max.

That is not a bug, that's included on the original JecsTools vehicle codes that was updated by neronix17 for [O21] Vehicle Framework.

It's a way to limit pawns on staying in vehicles and a way to not make vehicles too OP by letting vehicles be always operated.

I cannot fix that, you will need to ask neronix17 and or Jecrell for their specific mods, I just use those mods so vehicles work.
^oh i just mean itd be a good idea if vehicles required ammo even without CE, so as to encourage pawns to leave the vehicle or at least stop firing from safety once they exhaust their ammunition.

maybe also adding traps that will disable vehicles as an avenue to explore in the future?  I think most options would be preferable than just having pawns leave randomly due to needs in the middle of a firefight.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Tocato on August 19, 2019, 11:01:34 PM
Quote from: NinjaSiren on August 18, 2019, 09:57:31 AM
Quote from: christianmc1101 on August 18, 2019, 09:34:47 AM
The message on the top left says: Davidson, Priest has left the vehicle (tank) due to low needs.
He sits in there for not long 2-3 hours max.

That is not a bug, that's included on the original JecsTools vehicle codes that was updated by neronix17 for [O21] Vehicle Framework.

It's a way to limit pawns on staying in vehicles and a way to not make vehicles too OP by letting vehicles be always operated.

I cannot fix that, you will need to ask neronix17 and or Jecrell for their specific mods, I just use those mods so vehicles work.
^oh i just mean itd be a good idea if vehicles required ammo even without CE, so as to encourage pawns to leave the vehicle or at least stop firing from safety once they exhaust their ammunition.

maybe also adding traps that will disable vehicles as an avenue to explore in the future?  I think most options would be preferable than just having pawns leave randomly due to needs in the middle of a firefight.

"I think most options would be preferable than just having pawns leave randomly due to needs in the middle of a firefight."
- Please contact neronix or Jecrell for this idea, as this is a framework issue/feature. I am just using their vehicle framework to run the mod.

For this one: "^oh i just mean itd be a good idea if vehicles required ammo even without CE, so as to encourage pawns to leave the vehicle or at least stop firing from safety once they exhaust their ammunition."
- For the meantime, I will try to add ammo loading onto vehicles when CE is enabled.

"Maybe also adding traps that will disable vehicles as an avenue to explore in the future?"
- Hmm...
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

omatkoicorko

hi,

may i ask for a status of mod? last time it was unplayable, how its now? also, do they run like animals? or standing in one place when not used, as it should. i waiting for this mod!

regards

Hjkma

Yes, the mod is playable and the vehicles are standing as expected.

NinjaSiren, can you make dead vehicles deconstructable or disassembleable? At the moment, I have a whole cemetery of dead vehicles and pawns do not repair them, so I would like to at least return some of the resources and clean the map.

omatkoicorko

Hjkma

Manifest.xml file is broken. It has non-closing li tags, also has an invalid manifestUri link and the ModManager mod marks [O21] Vehicle Framework as not loaded, although it is installed, just the wrong name is written in the manifest file.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on August 20, 2019, 10:32:47 AM
Manifest.xml file is broken. It has non-closing li tags, also has an invalid manifestUri link and the ModManager mod marks [O21] Vehicle Framework as not loaded, although it is installed, just the wrong name is written in the manifest file.

Ill fix this cant remember the manifestUri of this mod.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on August 20, 2019, 07:28:40 AM
Yes, the mod is playable and the vehicles are standing as expected.

NinjaSiren, can you make dead vehicles deconstructable or disassembleable? At the moment, I have a whole cemetery of dead vehicles and pawns do not repair them, so I would like to at least return some of the resources and clean the map.

oh ok, ill try to treat them as mechanoids. maybe ill find an xml code for it, ie recipe?

Hjkma

Quote from: NinjaSiren on August 20, 2019, 01:05:23 PM
oh ok, ill try to treat them as mechanoids. maybe ill find an xml code for it, ie recipe?

Maybe it's better just to deconstruct them in place? It will just look strange if a single pawn drags an entire tank across the entire map to the table. Especially if he goes through the door with the vehicle.

Canute

Does it look more strange when a single pawn drags a centipede around or an elephant ?

Hjkma

And for me it also looks strange. I wish there was a mod that would allow to butcher large animals and deconstruct large mechanoids right in place and patched butchering and disassembling bills so that they concern only small animals and mechanoids.

NinjaSiren

v0.8b

- Added new tank weapon, Artillery Cannon.
- Added carts for tribal traders, peaceful visits, and settlements.
- Fixed minor bug: specialDisplayRadius errors for all the weapons.
- Fixed possibly the Manifest and ModSync xml files.
- Changed some details on the CE patch.
- Nerfed abit of weapon accuracy percentages.

No download yet.